What Lego set did you buy today?

6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Damn TRU math. Got my Spidey bridge. Somewhere around $52 before tax.

Something something rewards and TRUTH and the order it was applied. And then I accidentally hit "yes" instead of partial pay so I didn't get to try to use my 20% off GCs. Meh. A couple of dollars oh well.

But a couple of dollars gets you a full belly at mcdonalds :( 

TRUTH

3 x City Advent Calendars (2 x Athlete Bricktober Packs) & Owlicorn - Averaged about $12 each on the Advent Calendars after using the gift cards from yesterday.  One of the extra Bricktober packs was thrown in for free, since they couldn't find them Sunday morning.  They gave me a Week 4 Cops & Robbers pack then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

70335 Nexo Knights ULTIMATE Lavaria for $2. Thank you Kmart surprise points.

Got that one for $0 back in Sep (thanks to the LEGO store promo :). Then again, it went with a $60 Vacation getaway after VIP points, and now everyone is discounting those to $40....smh

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Damn TRU math. Got my Spidey bridge. Somewhere around $52 before tax.

Something something rewards and TRUTH and the order it was applied. And then I accidentally hit "yes" instead of partial pay so I didn't get to try to use my 20% off GCs. Meh. A couple of dollars oh well.

rewards always makes it unpredictable ;) but it might be something else too.

no bricktober for me.. [ they claim to have run out.. ah well ] but got 10% extra ;) so $8 instead of bricktober... 

20161020_TRU.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 167pilot said:

46 30277 Star Destroyer Polybags

100 Dimension fun packs 5 below special. Benny's, Gimli, both Ninjago and bad cop

Big plans. My Five Below (they opened their first 2 branches in town just last month) also had about 100 in stock in total. But except for a few Gimli's I didn't see the value in these, at least not for a small timer like me.

• Like 3

I bought the large jestro castle for my son with my eBay bucks. I got one with a damaged box to save a little extra as he won't even look at the box as he rips it open. Now I have to find a good time to give it to him. I am very bad with surprises.

He wanted the jestro castle or more Pokémon cards and as his cards are all over the floor of my truck I figured I will not buy more cards until he takes care of what he has.

• Like 6

Little Meijer Magic today:

Used a $10 off $50+ in Toys coupon, 3x 20% off 1 coupons (one for each set) and a $5 in rewards I had to get the following:

10693 - Classic Brick Box - $10.54 before tax (47% off)

10694 - Classic Bright Brick Box - $10.54 before tax (47% off)

41127 - Friends Amusement Park Arcade - $7.90 before tax (47% off)

I added some regular groceries to ensure I was over $50 even after coupons, although I don't think it was necessary, anyways, $50 triggers a $5 off coupon which gets printed after you complete the sale (only today (10/21) and tomorrow (10/22)). Somehow I also received a second printed coupon for $4 off $35+ purchases.

So I went back with those coupons and grabbed (using another 20% off coupon I had clipped for 41129):

41129 - Friends Amusement Park Hot Dog Van - $16.88 before tax (44% off)

2x CMF 16 - Babysitter/Teen Mom - $3.04 before tax (24% off),

or alternatively, if you consider those CMFs "filler", 41129 was $15 (50% off) and the CMFs were $3.99 (RRP). I applied the $4 off $35+ first just to make sure it would go, but I think that the Meijer registers always look at full price when applying coupons (not entirely sure though).

• Like 3

And don't forget to activate whatever "$x back on $y total purchase" reward you have, because Meijer accounts for the pre-coupon value in those rewards. I spent $80 and got credited for $117 in purchases against my $5 back on $125 total purchase reward, meaning another $5 off is waiting for me shortly. I don't really shop at Meijer except for LEGO so this is a nice additional perk.

9 hours ago, TANV said:

I just ordered a 75059 UCS Sandcrawler. I had my eye on this for awhile. Good time as any with double VIP and also getting a paycheck today.

Got one too. Popping up with retiring soon overseas spurred me on. Opted for amazon over LEGO Shop at Home as I has some gift cards to burn. I'll try to grab a few more the next couple weeks. 

Lego Store (all bought for the family): Fairground Mixer, Star Wars Advent calendar, two Christmas bulbs and one Disney minifig pack (wanted Buzz Lightyear, got Ursula instead – it was late and the family was tired.  My daughter gave it a good try and for Dad it feels weird standing there in the store smooshing packs).  We already have all the Disney minifigs and Dad wanted a Buzz for work.  I think there may a joke or punch line in that last sentence somewhere…Started the day with 435 VIP points, redeemed 400 (a deal with my wife so I could get the mixer) and ended with 414 points.  I say this is a win!  And the free set was 40222 (the 24 in 1 Christmas set, not the London Bus).

• Like 2

I've been bored with not buying much lately, so I smooshed out a complete set of Disney minifigures to keep for the long haul.  I'll keep these well after series 2 has has come and gone.  I'm already well into the black on this line, so 1 set for the long haul isn't gonna hurt no-things-no-how. 

My son and I decided to take a drive and hit up 4 walmarts, 3 targets, a TRU, and 2 BAM's today looking for star wars figures, lego sets, and some other lines of toys .. and it was kind of sad.  Nothing really great in either direction.  However, I was expecting disney minifigs to be all over the place since the first 2 walmarts had pilfered cases, but we only managed to get 1 set out of those two stores.  The other stores didn't have them and already moved on to series 16, so I was kinda glad I got a complete set from those two cases.  I'm not sure if the second wave of these is as prominent as some have stated.  It may just be a short release that was spread out over a bunch of stores nation wide, but after these are gone it's over.  I've also seen prices rise over the last two weeks...

I did notice, quite a lot of force awakens lego sets hanging around - all mostly at retail.  I think these stores are waiting for christmas, and will slowly phase them out.  Not many 2015 stormtrooper lego boxed sets from the winter and summer waves hanging around though.  If anything those might be the only possible gems, I think.