What Lego set did you buy today?

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Oops...

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 20.17.50.png

Damn you Tesco, you've turned me into a QFLL !!!

Home delivery.... damn I didnt think of that.

I was going to ask how everyone is going collect their lego.  I've sent mine to about 10 different stores that i will collect from over the next fortnight.  Got a birthday party at my house for my 2 year old nephew tomorrow so will have to quietly sneak out to do the local Tesco (mid size metro).

Is everyone getting home delivery?

Edited by MoHu

7 minutes ago, MoHu said:

Home delivery.... damn I didnt think of that.

I was going to ask how everyone is going collect their lego.  I've sent mine to about 10 different stores that i will collect from over the next fortnight.  Got a birthday party at my house for my 2 year old nephew tomorrow so will have to quietly sneak out.

Is everyone getting home delivery?

I find that store pick up is a better option, as if you decide you no longer want your items you can simply go to tesco website and cancel order. They also hold the items for 7 or 14 days, so if your struggling for space at home is also a plus.

Most people have 9-5 jobs so its also more convenient to do store pick ups instead of waiting for courier to redeliver and then have to go pickup at some depot

Guest TabbyBoy
33 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I find that store pick up is a better option, as if you decide you no longer want your items you can simply go to tesco website and cancel order. They also hold the items for 7 or 14 days, so if your struggling for space at home is also a plus.

Most people have 9-5 jobs so its also more convenient to do store pick ups instead of waiting for courier to redeliver and then have to go pickup at some depot

I'll be at home when it all arrives (just over 200 sets with all orders), it's going straight into another van and then off to a friend's warehouse. It's just too much for my local Tesco Express to store and I can't be arsed to drive a big van through horrendous traffic to several other branches let alone be able to park. I'll check condition at the door as items can still be rejected like I have done with Argos. However, Tesco have been good and I don't foresee a problem.

7 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'll be at home when it all arrives (just over 200 sets with all orders), it's going straight into another van and then off to a friend's warehouse. It's just too much for my local Tesco Express to store and I can't be arsed to drive a big van through horrendous traffic to several other branches let alone be able to park. I'll check condition at the door as items can still be rejected like I have done with Argos. However, Tesco have been good and I don't foresee a problem.

Tabby you disappoint me, only 200 sets during that sale :)? I thought you would get em all. But nice selection with 21020 and 21303! Great Job!

Hmm my order cont ains just
3x 60124 Exploration Base :)

also I bought in two steps:
3x 60051 High speed train,
6x 60052 Cargo train,
3x 42043 Mercedes Arocs,
3x 31038 Changing Seasons,
3x Claas Xerion,
3x 41101 Heartlake Hotel
3x 60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel
3x 60092 Deep Sea Submarine

30 sets total = 1411 UK pounds incl. 2x shipp. Great deal :-)

7 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Not a set, but hit the PAB wall at one of my local stores:

2fc022ae58685e0f739dcaa6669d9205.jpg

You left some money on the table there - I always build it up in the center, plus a little up on the sides, to entirely fill the inside of the lid. My store has no issue with taping down a wobbly lid, as long as contents don't spill out. Typically I use plates to make a fitting lid on whatever I put inside the cup, then put the PAB lid onto that.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

Collected some Architecture  White House's today from Tesco.

Worked out at £21.53 each. Never thought i would get them for that price :)

With either of the next candidates in office, that set will be devalued for the next 5 years.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Val-E said:

With either of the next candidates in office, that set will be devalued for the next 5 years.

Good point on the political side of things, i never thought of that! Good job we dont have an Architecture Brussels EEC Parliament building or you would have keep taking it apart every 2 weeks and rebuild it into Strasbourg :)

• Like 1

Dropped by a Kmart I've never been to before. They where doing the additional 50% clearance sale but I didn't really see anything that caught my eye. (Besides a 2013 coast guard set that was still $19.99)

ended up grabbing:

Lewa master of jungle $7.00 (additional 50% off $14.00)

x2 Olafs summer fun $1.99 each (BOGO free, manager had to override... Just like last week)

used $3 in surprise points & $2.50 in regular points. 

Got out for around $6 :) 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

After getting Tesco to "Price Promise" the recent drop from £49.49 to £44.99, my 60124 Volcano sets (RRP £79.99) now work out at just £30 each which makes my "above average order" a total no-brainer. Here's the first 53 sets that arrived just now via DPD...

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 12.17.19.png

They weren't in factory boxes of 3 but, they appear to be in mint condition with seal code 42S6. It's actually better like this as each set is covered in top quality bubble-wrap that I'll simply re-use before putting into a box to post, saving me more money and time ;-)

The other 46 will come via Yodel next week and these should be good as it's the same courier that LEGO Shop at Home uses.

Now to load them all up again and stash them in the warehouse. She'll do her nut if I leave them there! ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy
typo

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, GregP said:

Very nice!! More volcanos than Iceland!! ;)

Maybe... I'll confirm that next week as I'm actually going to Iceland this week for a long weekend as a birthday treat for my girlfriend!