What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
On 06/11/2016 at 10:58 PM, Sfcommando14 said:

He did, but his price wasn't better than 36 GBP each as far as I remember.

It was better actually as Tesco matched their lower price of £44.99 after I paid £49.49 and it's also tracked on Quidco. This works out at just £28.49 per set. Oh... Clubcard points too as my other 30,000 points have now become vouchers ;-)

I am selling now but, locally for cash, not on eBay. The eBay price is way too low so I'll wait until EOL.

Edited by TabbyBoy
Typo

On 07/11/2016 at 2:08 PM, Highlander said:

Picked up my  Lego Technic 42030 Volvo L350F 3 off £86 each Tesco Direct, came in plastic bin liners fortunately arrived in good condition.

Just picked mine up today & it came double boxed with bubble wrap?.  Some other stuff did come in bags no bubble wrap, other stuff bags & bubble wrap.

When i showed the c&c guy my card he smiled and said they were waiting for me.  Been getting the same reaction at every tesco

Still got
4 Tesco extras to collect from (huge orders).
1 Tesco metro (2nd large order),  1st large order collected  
3 Tesco Express (medium sized orders)

On vacation in Nashville, TN. Went to check out the Lego store today. Picked up 3 ultra agents mobile hq's for $50 each. Not the best boxes but good enough. They also had a bunch of the london bus promos on the shelf for $10 each. I got one for a buddy but left the rest. They gave me a free soldier ornament and the free advent calander thing. 925f648b0f40d30fa037d869184083b0.jpg8e160a820126f31db81bf8e015c84f6f.jpg

• Like 6

On vacation in Nashville, TN. Went to check out the Lego store today. Picked up 3 ultra agents mobile hq's for $50 each. Not the best boxes but good enough. They also had a bunch of the london bus promos on the shelf for $10 each. I got one for a buddy but left the rest. They gave me a free soldier ornament and the free advent calander thing. 925f648b0f40d30fa037d869184083b0.jpg8e160a820126f31db81bf8e015c84f6f.jpg

I would have bought all those buses. Been selling them for 23-25 dollars on eBay.
  • Like 3

Yeah I definitely considered it. I'm here till Saturday, so I might give in and get some more. I already felt a little shady getting the 3 agents sets. Didn't want to look too much like a reseller, figured there's lots of competition selling these already and just to get around $7 each seems like a lot of trouble. I know, I know, leaving money on the shelf...

Had a few coupon purchases that I couldn't resist today (all for personal collection):

KMart after $10 surprise points on $15+:

41118 Friends HeartLake Supermarket - $13.99 before tax (53% off)

TRU EBay using $15 off $60 coupon (added to a business purchase which I will account for full price):

75909 Speed Champions McLaren P1 - $6.89 before tax (54% off)

75899 Speed Champions LaFerrari - $8.49 before tax (43% off)

So I'm new to buying Lego & have no idea what I'm doing - feel free to offer advice.  I just kept putting stuff in & out of my trolley until the store was closing, then went to the register with whatever was in my trolley because I ran out of time. Initially I had all girl Lego in my trolley because that's what I'd buy. Then I took it out & put all Star Wars Lego because I know collectors like it. Then I put Duplo because it's cute. Like I said - no idea!

In the end I bought the big Ghostbuster Building. Also some little Star Wars Sets (75125, 75128, 75129, 75131, 75132, 75133, 75134, 75138) and some little City Sets (60118, 60128, 60081, 60115, 60119) and some Duplo for little kids (10808, 10814, 10590, 10813, 10607).  I was thinking next I'd buy the Creator VW Camper & Beetle but I can't find them in any stores now ?. So instead I guess I'll buy the Parisian Cafe - it appeals to me because it's pretty but maybe that makes it a bad investment since most Lego collectors are guys? Like I said, all advice welcome, thanks in advance. 

5 hours ago, FrustratedByYellow said:

So I'm new to buying Lego & have no idea what I'm doing - feel free to offer advice.  I just kept putting stuff in & out of my trolley until the store was closing, then went to the register with whatever was in my trolley because I ran out of time. Initially I had all girl Lego in my trolley because that's what I'd buy. Then I took it out & put all Star Wars Lego because I know collectors like it. Then I put Duplo because it's cute. Like I said - no idea!

In the end I bought the big Ghostbuster Building. Also some little Star Wars Sets (75125, 75128, 75129, 75131, 75132, 75133, 75134, 75138) and some little City Sets (60118, 60128, 60081, 60115, 60119) and some Duplo for little kids (10808, 10814, 10590, 10813, 10607).  I was thinking next I'd buy the Creator VW Camper & Beetle but I can't find them in any stores now ?. So instead I guess I'll buy the Parisian Cafe - it appeals to me because it's pretty but maybe that makes it a bad investment since most Lego collectors are guys? Like I said, all advice welcome, thanks in advance. 

Where any of them discounted? Rule of thumb is to shoot for at least 30% off for investment, possibly 20% if its a hot set.

Guest TabbyBoy

After a lot of frustration with TRU's horrible glitchy website, I finally ordered:

1x Passenger Train (to part out)

1x Trevi Fountain

I hope to get the 4x minifigs, £15 coupon and 15% Quidco.

I've never ordered from TRU before, do you get emailed the £15 coupon or is it enclosed with the shipment?

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

After a lot of frustration with TRU's horrible glitchy website, I finally ordered:

1x Passenger Train (to part out)

1x Trevi Fountain

I hope to get the 4x minifigs, £15 coupon and 15% Quidco.

I've never ordered from TRU before, do you get emailed the £15 coupon or is it enclosed with the shipment?

Re the coupon they email you once the promotion has finished (and about a day before the validity starts)

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

Re the coupon they email you once the promotion has finished (and about a day before the validity starts)

OK, thank you. I just need to remember to use it. Can you place a lot of back-to-back orders and get away with it like you can with Tesco & George?

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

OK, thank you. I just need to remember to use it. Can you place a lot of back-to-back orders and get away with it like you can with Tesco & George?

You can order as much as you want as on Tesco / Asda.  

Place too many high value orders and you get a call from the TRU security team just to make sure its legit.  Think they wanted proof emailed to them but just told him the truth (re-selling and what i doing, why etc) and he says thats fine...didnt have to send evidence.

TRU screwed me over.  Claimed only had about 100 Nerf Hell-Fire Blasters....so i bought 'a few'.  Next thing i know they have another 800.  Now i have to sit on the Nerf until TRU and the other restocked resellers sell out. 

Where any of them discounted? Rule of thumb is to shoot for at least 30% off for investment, possibly 20% if its a hot set.

I paid AUD$427.50 for the Ghostbuster set, AUD$35.10 for Hoth Attack Set & the rest was 25% off - all from Big W. I just realised though, that I could return the GB & Hoth set & buy them again at 25% off, so that would mean another 15% saving. So what do you think? Is 25% enough? How many years before I can expect a reasonable return?