What Lego set did you buy today?

4 minutes ago, FrustratedByYellow said:

My choices were rubbish?

Because your original post makes you sound like you have no clue what you're doing. You sound like someone doing a supermarket sweep who only has 60 seconds to fill their trolley and ends up with none of the stuff they actually want.

A huge part of this game is doing your research, you don't go into a shop without a plan, not unless you find earth shattering discounts that you can't pass up. In your own words you've gone in with no clue and filled and emptied your basket a few times stressing about the shop closing, you're just asking for trouble.

Go away, do some research, spend time reading the forums and other sites, then if you still think you want to do this, give it a go. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, FrustratedByYellow said:

I paid AUD$427.50 for the Ghostbuster set, AUD$35.10 for Hoth Attack Set & the rest was 25% off - all from Big W. I just realised though, that I could return the GB & Hoth set & buy them again at 25% off, so that would mean another 15% saving. So what do you think? Is 25% enough? How many years before I can expect a reasonable return?

I suggest you take it all back, sit down and do some research  on how the market is evolving and how it is likely to be in the future. The days of buying any set at RRP and turning a profit are over so it is essential to buy cheaply, wisely and as late as possible into the product lifecycle.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I suggest you take it all back, sit down and do some research  on how the market is evolving and how it is likely to be in the future. The days of buying any set at RRP and turning a profit are over so it is essential to buy cheaply, wisely and as late as possible into the product lifecycle.

Ok thanks!

27 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Ok thanks!

TRUTH buys yesterday, focused on Speed Champions. 

I had the store price match the website (when price matching the TRU website, you also get the 10% TRUTH).  Then, for whatever reason an additional 20% discount was applied automatically (this happened at two stores).  Then, the 10% TRUTH discount.  Then at one store used the $15 off $100 coupon, and another store used the $10 GC when you spend $75 coupon.  Plus used discounted Raise GCs (which are in short supply right now).

Qty. 2 75911 Mercedes Pit Stop, avg. buy in $17.84 including tax, 45% discount

Qty. 3 75912 Porsche Finish Line, avg. buy in $28.82 including tax, 46.4% discount

Qty. 1 75913 F14 Scuderia Truck, avg. buy in $62.72 including tax, 41.8% discount

Plus 2 promo minifigs, plus a $10 gift card, plus double TRU Rewards points for partial pay using the credit card.

• Like 1

Seems like all of the 42041 technic trucks will be cleared out by brickpickers

Question for people who got a giftcard from TRU, does your receipt have a code at the bottom? Can this code be used online? As I bought items less than £100 worth yet on receipt says i got the gift card?

Did you all get a physical gift card?

10 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Seems like all of the 42041 technic trucks will be cleared out by brickpickers

Question for people who got a giftcard from TRU, does your receipt have a code at the bottom? Can this code be used online? As I bought items less than £100 worth yet on receipt says i got the gift card?

Did you all get a physical gift card?

You get an actual gift card. Valid from the 18th and yes it can be used online.

Was nice to gain 4x 75919 Indominus Rex Breakout from TRU today, due to other vouchers I had has worked out sweet =) . Hoping the 2x 42038 Arctic Truck come through from Amazon, they were at £29.99 on the 9th of Nov and due to some discounted GC cards I had worked out cheaper.

Edited by gupsterg

37 minutes ago, Anomander said:

I don't see Buy-1-Get-1-Half -Price on TRU co.uk website, only the £15 voucher + 4 free minifigs offer with purchases over £100. The price in the shopping cart at checkout doesn't discount one to half price either.

Is Buy-1-Get-1-Half -Price finished? 

It's in store only I think.

1 hour ago, GregP said:

3 x iron skull sub

1 x obi wans Jedi interceptor

Same here (well 2 x iron skull subs only).
I know everyone rags on SH (including me after learning the hard way) and especially this set but (has anyone said anything nice about it yet) but.... at 75% off RRP i'm quietly optimistic (that includes already selling the hulk poly bag I got for free with this by spending 15+ spend with SH).

Probably should have picked up the last 2 of those they had on the shelves.

2 x Destinys bounty 37.50 each

2 x Morro Dragon 22.50 each

2 x Technic Arctic Truck 22.50 each

2 x Technic Race Truck 45 each

2 x La Ferrari 9.75 each

2 x First Order General 3.75 each

4 x TRU Minifigure Sets Free

2 x Kai's Mini Dragon Free

Plus £15 TRU Gift Card

All in store at TRU today

Nearly picked up Fairground mixers too but boxes weren't great. 

• Like 2