What Lego set did you buy today?

1 minute ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Short story: I bought one Yellow Submarine with the Toy Soldier Ornament (to sell off)

Long story: My wife was going to the mall today with our 1 month old to do some clothes shopping so I asked her to pick up a Yellow Submarine for me with my VIP points (seemed as good a time as any to use them up).  I sent her a text pic of the Yellow Submarine set and a pic of my account with the VIP # in big numbers to make it easy for her to pass the info along to the cashier (my e-mail is too cumbersome as I have a very long last name, so I try to simplify it by using the VIP #).  I explained to her that I have over $70 in VIP points and so she won't have to pay anything out of pocket.  

I then get a phone call in the middle of the day, with my irritated wife saying "They're telling me I have to pay $15.00.  You don't have enough points and I need to go nurse our daughter.  What should I do?" So I told her to just pay whatever they want and I'll sort it out tonight.  

I get home, look over the receipt, and realize that they messed up one number in my VIP account (a 4 instead of a 7).  Someone named Elijah.  I feel awful because I picture a little 7 year old who was saving up his VIP points for something very special and now they're all gone because the cashier messed up 1 number.  I ended up calling Lego customer service and they were able to take the points out of my VIP account and credit it back to Elijah.  Looks like it's all settled now and the appropriate amount of points were removed from my account.  

Peace and love, peace and love.

A good ending, well done! The story would have been much better if the points were accidentally taken from an account owned by Timmy though. 

• Like 5

Check out the Mixels thread for tips on them.  But I, too, have noticed that Series 5 seem to be have re-infiltrated Target lately.  They're from mid-2015, so I'm not sure where/how they've found a boatload of them, but they are out there.

Legoland fl is full of them too.

I didn't really understand his picture he posted. He didn't say he bought all or which ones. So I figured I would start up a conversation. The Mixel thread has been quiet for a while. And I don't know how to quote him in the app, and repost it in another thread. In other words, I was being lazy.

But I still don't understand his post.
  • Like 1

All Books a Million coupons I've seen exclude LEGO as well. Kleetus must work your register there.

They were the new member coupons. When they pitched me the membership, I specifically told them I wanted to buy Lego with them, they said it was fine. I worked fine on the register. Maybe it's only the member coupons?
I recall someone else saying that the cheapest they could find Cmf minifigs was at BAM with the 10% and a $5 off $25 coupon. Alpine maybe?
  • Like 1

Depending on the stock at your store and your budget, I'd go the other way and sign up your wife to reload the coupon book if you run out before renewal time. You also get a $5 gift card upon sign up. fca986abb897ba23d9d3a876b9eb386f.jpg

They give a $10 GC if you sign up for automatic renewal. Though you gotta use the GC with in 30 days. But then you can always cancel the auto renewal.
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
22 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

- 41058 Friends Heartlake Shopping Mall for 50 euro.

- 60083 Snowplow Truck for 15 euro.

Good, you should break even on the Shopping Mall in a few years or do. FRIENDS just don't do at all well in the UK.

12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Good, you should break even on the Shopping Mall in a few years or do. FRIENDS just don't do at all well in the UK.

Friends nowadays are for QFLL's only. To many refreshes in this theme. And you should know that buying has become an exception for me. So rest assure there is money to be made on these.   

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Cig, are those ploughs selling where you are? They are still in stores here and on BL for well less than RRP.

Here the snowplows have completely disappeared. This one was the last on the shelf and it said 20 euro. I went to my car and did some research and made the decision to pick it for 20 euro. When I came at the register it rang up at 15 euro. So was even better.

Did Lego release any other snowplow trucks in the past?