What Lego set did you buy today?

10 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

He did, but his price wasn't better than 36 GBP each as far as I remember.

Tabby several pages back  said: "If Tesco drops the price after you've ordered, call them up. I was advised that the few 60124 Volcano sets I bought dropped by £5 so I called them, the difference was refunded straight away. Keep an eye on prices for 28 days after you order and you may qualify for this little "bonus". 

So... these RRP £80 sets cost me just £30 each in the end. I'm watching until tomorrow night to see if any other prices have dropped. At least it's a treat not a trick!"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

hard to find now LEGO Speed Champions McLaren Mercedes Pit Stop Set #75911   @TRU 3x26+ with 10 GC (sold out amazon, LEGO Shop at Home, target and walmart) 

the Speed Champions theme is a TRU exclusive.  the only you place you could ever buy it directly was TRU and shop at home.  the theme was never for sale from walmart, amazon.com, or target.   anything on amazon is third party.

this theme is a total dark horse or money pit.  place your bets.  at least with gift cards and this sale you can buy some first wave sets below MSRP that are on the cusp of retirement.

Edited by cladner

1 hour ago, BarryZola said:

So yeah, personally the Volcano sets wouldn't be the first things on my list for a flip or a hold.

I don't know how much lego paid for that set to be labelled as "top toy for xmas", its in all the UK catalogs as the best lego toy for this xmas.

None of my nieces / nephews, feedback from lego store, internet is saying this is the must have set. I'll probably be wrong though lol

Lego usually release the best selling sets with their annual report so will lookout for that next year to see how it performs. 

43 minutes ago, cladner said:

the Speed Champions theme is a TRU exclusive.  the only you place you could ever buy it directly was TRU and shop at home.  the theme was never for sale from walmart, amazon.com, or target.   anything on amazon is third party.

this theme is a total dark horse or money pit.  place your bets.  at least with gift cards and this sale you can buy some first wave sets below MSRP that are on the cusp of retirement.

The first wave of cars should easily double once retired, who knows about the rest

3 hours ago, cladner said:

One of my local independent toy stores (who, when I asked, told me they are one of the US top-ten authorized LEGO resellers) carries this line as well. They have a vast LEGO collection - on par or larger than the B&M LEGO store in town.

• Like 1

At this time of the year, there's a supermarket chain that does 50% off in toys. One pays full price and 50% of the amount paid is credited on the supermarket's client card. I almost didn't went because it opened early and I thought I wouldn't find anything worth my time and waking up early. Guess what? I found 5 Ant-Man sets among other left-over sets! There was a limit on 3 of the same toy so I went home to get my GF client card and when I came back one of the sets was gone. Bought 4! What a lucky find.

• Like 4

What happened was, I hide one and brought 4 to the counter. The lady told me I could only take 3 and between getting home and coming back, that one disappeared (I asked 3 different employees, including the lady who enforced the limit but no luck) and the other I hide was there waiting for me.

Edited by DFC01
  • Like 1