What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Ciaraf76 said:

Wall E - Asda £30

Yep and the CLAAS XERION, Cargo Train & Friends Bus are back in stock. No DW or E1 yet ;-)

I gobbled up a lot of WALL-E when they had them for £26.78 during the promotion last month. Still a good deal at £30 and worth a punt.

It's been out for 11 months...

I think this is a good point, People are trying to predict, guess, how this will pan out according to the past results of other sets. But really, they have no Idea what they're talking about.

Idea sets are a different beast entirely from any other theme. And within Idea sets, DW is in a league of its own. What can you compare it to? Birds? Exosuits? Maze?
Ghost busters seems like it would be, but it's not the same. It's a Hollywood movie franchise from the 80's with a big time star Bill Murray. Top of the A list. And a cartoon who's audience is now in the AFOL age.
DW is a tv show from Britain. A strong devoted following, but not a Blockbuster like GB was.
Like comparing Dolphins and Sharks. May easily be mistaken when you see that dorsal fin in the water, but an entirely different beast.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

That´s 11 months too long.

Preposterous hypocrisy these days.  "TLG won't retire anything and everything lives forever!"  So TLG retires an Ideas set based on popular, multi-generational IP in under a year, and..."It was out too long and too heavily discounted".  Good times.

13 minutes ago, donbee said:

But really, they have no Idea what they're talking about.

I see what you did there :)

• Like 1

30 Star destroyer 30277 polys at walmart for 3.65 ea................ Sorry timmy but you'll have to try out of state if ya want one of these........ =)

Oh and for whats its worth, I found out last night that Walmart wont match any other competitors pricing other then Walmart.com. Really just another reason not to shop there...............

Edited by longshot
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, longshot said:

Oh and for whats its worth, I found out last night that Walmart wont match any other competitors pricing other then Walmart.com. Really just another reason not to shop there...............

They'll change the price matching policy again next holiday season.  They get in and out of the price matching game often, mostly because their employees and managers can't figure it out.

Just now, Sfcommando14 said:

2x Ecto-1s (up to 3!!! lol)

Is everyone too busy hoarding and hiding their purchase habits to share here today?

We all know what you're doing...no need to hide :)

Oh dear. Ecto-1 is not yet "Retiring Soon" in the US. Buying now just signals to TLG that they need to fire up the machines and run a few new batches :)

Got the Spidey Bridge 2 weeks ago for $62.20 out the door, so that's pretty good. Managed to get Superhero Airport Battle with the big Ant Man down to $41.98 today with $10 reward, 20% off Superhero sets, TRUTH, and 20% off gift card. Pretty happy with that entry price along with the Bricktober Minifig pack.

*8% sales tax in my county, so that hurts a bit on the final price

Edited by edgecrusher
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

Got the Spidey Bridge 2 weeks ago for $62.20 out the door, so that's pretty good. Managed to get Superhero Airport Battle with the big Ant Man down to $41.98 today with $10 reward, 20% off Superhero sets, TRUTH, and 20% off gift card. Pretty happy with that entry price along with the Bricktober Minifig pack.

*8% sales tax in my county, so that hurts a bit on the final price

my cashier wouldn't let me use TRUTH after she scanned my first GC