What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought a 17 lbs lot of bricks from Goodwill the other day.  For some reason, they shipped FedEx overnight, so I had them right away.  (Go figure, I didn't pay for that).  Total price paid for the lot (with shipping) was $60.

I bought it because this was in the lot:

895560728145326le.JPG

That's a yellow Train Base 6 x 28 with 3 Round Holes Each End.  It has appeared in only one set - 10133 - Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) GP-38 Locomotive.

The part alone has been selling for about $30 on BL lately.  I haven't had time to look through the lot, but even if I just sell that one part I'm still pretty golden on 17 lbs of bricks for $30.  I've got a feeling it might all be there, though.  I've already spied wheels and the magnets sitting near the top of the box.

• Like 9

Just picked up 20 lb lot from a lego enthusiast loaded with castle parts and figs from the 90's for $65 shipped. They are described as clean and unbroken with 30+ figs in the lot. Figured for the $$$ it was worth a flier on. Looking forward to seeing what bits I can find........... :D

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Bought a 17 lbs lot of bricks from Goodwill the other day.  For some reason, they shipped FedEx overnight, so I had them right away.  (Go figure, I didn't pay for that).  Total price paid for the lot (with shipping) was $60.

I bought it because this was in the lot:

895560728145326le.JPG

That's a yellow Train Base 6 x 28 with 3 Round Holes Each End.  It has appeared in only one set - 10133 - Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) GP-38 Locomotive.

The part alone has been selling for about $30 on BL lately.  I haven't had time to look through the lot, but even if I just sell that one part I'm still pretty golden on 17 lbs of bricks for $30.  I've got a feeling it might all be there, though.  I've already spied wheels and the magnets sitting near the top of the box.

i will buy it for $61 :)

TRU canceled my order 3 times because of those damn eBay GC. ($85for a $100).. Lesson learned use PayPaldigitalgift cards in store.  Anyways they HEAVILY discounted my online order since they canceled 3 times trying to use THEIR GCs.. Might have actually been worth all the trouble in the end.

IMG_6551.PNG

Edited by Martae54

Just now, botchy123 said:

Good to know. i'll just keep them for a few years then.

Till the next remake? Honestly, I am on the fence about this one this year. Every other year this set has sold out and been quite easy to flip but I think this year there will be too many to go around. My best buy-in was 67 euros last xmas and at that price you are safe. On Ebay they were going for 120 shipped.

After coming back from a harsh 2,5 weeks in Nigeria I decided to buy myself a present....the S.H.I.E.L.D. HeliCarrier....YES! I really wanted to have this one in my collection and the double VIP + London Bus pulled my trigger. I was having doubts, or this magical vehicle OR the Sydney Opera House,,,,but due to my aviation background I decided to buy the Avengers ship!

• Like 8

Bought the Lego Dimensions Starter pack on CL for $20.  Came with some other assorted fun packs mixed in.  Assorted packs appear to be mostly complete and all of the discs are in there.  Not hard to inventory.  Saw the Back to the Future Level Pack, Nya Fun Pack, and the NINJAGO Team Pack in the mix.  Even if a minifig is missing such as Marty McFly, a comparable minifig can be substituted.  Ah, the fun and versatility of Lego!

Will probably order a few fun packs from Lego during the VIP 2x points promotion!

Edited by LegoWalker4
typo

I feel like such a hoser, because I read this site every day, but I haven't purchased much lately.  Today, I finally decided to buy the last SW Advent calendar that was sitting on the shelf at walmart.  I'm slacking a lot this year, because this is only the third set purchase over the last 4 months (uwing and detectives office have been it).  

• Like 1

I picked up a used 7784 Batmobile for $70 CAD, no box, no instructions.  It's in excellent condition, collector owned, a bit dusty, but that's easy to fix.  I haven't confirmed if it's 100%, but I'm told it is and it looks that way.

question: is it worth my while to buy a manual?  I think I can get both books and in supposed new condition for about $70 CAD after shipping.  That's the cheapest on bricklink at the moment.  If I ever decide to sell it, do you think the manuals will have that much of an impact to warrant the extra investment?