What Lego set did you buy today?

1 minute ago, cosmic brick said:

I answered a Facebook group posting for a used, some sealed bags 10188 Death Star last night  Before I could finish typing the response, they had lowered the asking price from $50 to $25.

I'm super-skeptical at this point, but I take a chance and drive an hour to meet them this morning.

19 lbs of Lego: Looks like the majority of the Death Star is there, including some of a Hogwart's Castle for $25 + $8 for gas.

Oh, and I found a dime in the box.

DSCN3949.JPG

Well done!

You just had to haggle a bit more due to the damage on the instruction book. ;)

• Like 5

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:16 PM, Lego Templar said:

Maybe I just bought it from one of you lol...looked back at the SH sets and only 2 that I want that I don't have. This is one of them...I doubt we see Dr. doom in Lego again. I had like 58 dollars to use on eBay so I figured why not...

I ended up with 4 of that set and never bought one :) I think my son got them for birthday gifts and maybe we got one used in a lot. We built a really awesome daily bugle modular out of it. I'll have to post photos. The figures are great and some of the stuff inside like the desks and spider man signs are neat too

• Like 1

It seems as though they need to give their merchandise away. Several of my last transactions have gotten me near 100% back in points.

What's on special now?
I made about $200 on the office supply sale. But that's done. I don't wear Levi's.
I never see these advertised. I just hear about them here and then start randomly adding things to see how many points I get back.

Please share your exploits =)

1 hour ago, donbee said:

What's on special now?
I made about $200 on the office supply sale. But that's done. I don't wear Levi's.
I never see these advertised. I just hear about them here and then start randomly adding things to see how many points I get back.

Please share your exploits =)

I did some on the office supplies. Clearance clothes were 100% back in points at kmart the other week. Somehow wound up with $10 more in points than I spent? The deal on Levi was actually on all pants. Then I used my VIP benefit for 100% back on one item to $50. We were buying a fridge and stove anyways and got $350 back. All in the last month I've gotten ~$800 of lego for free from kmart buying regular items we normally buy anyways.

• Like 3