What Lego set did you buy today?

36 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Couple days ago @Elkkthunder posted info about estate sale near by (thank you, thank you, thank you), with some help from @Sfcommando14 (my man ;) ) I was able to go there this morning. Sale started at  9am, they were handing out numbers prior to that, that determined in what order people could enter, I was number 2, not bad right? Well, guy with number 1 was wearing....a Lego t-shirt....damn I thought....

anyway, he goes in first, me right behind him, both of us straight to the Lego table, but he doesn't grab the best things.....he just looked at some Lego train tracks, stated that he has thousands of Lego (whatever) and moved on... So here is what I grabbed, for a total of $263, all sets almost complete, very little needed, all instruction are there too, plus few zip lock bags:

image.jpeg

Great score. Nice team work there. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

they can list anything they want on there website.  It is not on the exclusive list.  It is not on the no discount list at Merlin.  It is not hard dated.  All 3 of those lead to it being able to be discounted and also can lead to it being available at other retailers earlier on then other true exclusive sets.  Might not happen but there is nothing stopping it.  That can always change as well just as other sets get taken off the list that were.  We've already seen Toy Shop, Ecto 1, and Temple of Airjitzu come off the last list so this is just something new with one not starting on the list. 

20160801_222250.jpg

WOW, this is the first time I've seen the Death Star being priced... I'm screwed...

Gonna need that Dracula. Will go well with the Bat from a year or two ago.

I'm waiting until mid-September to buy the Disney Castle - grand opening of a new LEGO store in San Diego. I'll grab the Castle and get a free LEGO Store set and then flip that to offset the cost of the Castle.

Btw - I had to come up with that plan right now because my wife was demanding we drive to the LEGO store tomorrow for that castle.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

@Alpinemaps My wife and I went to the Discovery Center in search of some polybags. When we walked in the door, we noticed the Disney Castle sitting there on display.

As soon as she saw it, my wife, who is now 8 months pregnant, looks at me says "You know you're buying that for me today, there's no way I'm leaving the store without it." 

...... I know not to poke the bear, there was no discussion.

Was it the Chicago (Schaumburg) DC?

41 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

@Alpinemaps My wife and I went to the Discovery Center in search of some polybags. When we walked in the door, we noticed the Disney Castle sitting there on display.

As soon as she saw it, my wife, who is now 8 months pregnant, looks at me says "You know you're buying that for me today, there's no way I'm leaving the store without it." 

Good, good husband.  And smart man.

• Like 3

Finally picked up the Dimensions Midway Arcade Level Pack, I also had to go ahead and preorder some of the new Dimensions level and team packs at 40% off.  Passed on the Ghostbusters portal pack for now, I wouldn't be surprised if that thing lived its life at ~30% off.

Me too, I've been waiting for a discount on the Midway pack.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Deadfraggle said:

Mine is 8 months pregnant too, I wonder would that work for me if I bring her into a toy store, darling would you like me to buy you the Ghostbusters Headquarters? :mosking::mosking::mosking:

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, exciter1 said:
14 minutes ago, Knightwing01 said:

i got a Queen Ann's revenge for $12.99 at goodwill, get in the car cut the tape with my keys and its 100% complete, score! :)  

Did you feel like you were dressed in all black wearing a ski mask as you walked out of Goodwill to your getaway car ????  LOL......Nice SCORE !!!!!

• Like 5