What Lego set did you buy today?

From Target

Doc Brown Dimensions Fun Pack x4

Sensei Wu Dimensions Fun Pack x1

$2.93 each bc they were too lazy to do a different price for the Wu when they were price matching their online prices. (By the way, online it said this Target had no Doc Browns in stock, but they had 4.)image.jpeg

Edited by uaford

Bought 32 series 16 mini figures from SAH.  Got double VIP points and free bus.  Was missing two figs for a set, so I smooshed during lunch time at a nearby Indigo for the remainder to complete my set.  Surprisingly, of the 32 from Lego, I got 3 banana guys.

Edited by Vader888

4 hours ago, Scatterbug said:

A couple of Rey's Speeder for £10 at local Asda. 50% off Star Wars in the UK doesn't happen that often.

Sainsbury's are randomly discounting SW sets as well. First they had 75125 at 33% off, cool I thought it may be going EOL so I bought some. Next week its restocked at full price.
Last week they had 75128 at 50% off, down to £4.50 so I cleared the shelf. I suspect that will be back at full price this week.

All, they have the run out small Technic sets, 42031, 42032, 42033 at 25% off so I bought some of those.

Should be good stocking fillers come Christmas 2017/8 :)

Microfighters get reduced heavily by supermarkets in UK so best to wait till they get >50%. I picked up about 20 series 2&3 at 75% off.

Although looking back I don't think they are a "great" investment, as the only vehicle from series 2 & 3 that I think will double in price is the resistance x wing. It is by far most popular, it's also currently on back order at lego

1 hour ago, Mhd747 said:

Microfighters get reduced heavily by supermarkets in UK so best to wait till they get >50%. I picked up about 20 series 2&3 at 75% off.

Although looking back I don't think they are a "great" investment, as the only vehicle from series 2 & 3 that I think will double in price is the resistance x wing. It is by far most popular, it's also currently on back order at lego

The only other ones I have are 75032 & 75033 which I bought early to mid 2015 as the supermarkets discounted them. 75032 is in the £15-25 range to end of June when I last checked and 75033 £12-17. So not a bad return on investment if you paid under £5 each for them.

Supermarkets aren't a good indicator of EOL.

I got Flash Speeders at Sainsburys at £12.50 in Feb and they've still not retired. Then picked up OT snow speeders at Rrp at Tesco months after EOL. Supermarkets write their own rules seemingly.

I like the microfighters on offer in supermarkets.  Usually pick them up for less than 1/2 price. 

I think first wave of anything will always be high value if the series continue for a few years (even holds true with Chima) but having full sets of s2/3 at 50% off is likely to bring a half decent return.  

20 hours ago, uaford said:

From Target

Doc Brown Dimensions Fun Pack x4

Sensei Wu Dimensions Fun Pack x1

$2.93 each bc they were too lazy to do a different price for the Wu when they were price matching their online prices. (By the way, online it said this Target had no Doc Browns in stock, but they had 4.)image.jpeg

Picked up one Doc Brown @ $2.93 as well, just because. Same story, showed none in stock but found one on a peg in the electronics section.

found a few of the Cybermen / Doc Brown sets at a local target.  Took to customer service and was told I could only buy 1 set since I was price matching(even though they were different sets).  Then told I could not price match to target.com because they are clearance.
Clearance? They have preorder sets on sale too and I don't see clearance on the site. I think you just got an old Walmart employee.
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, dcdfan said:
27 minutes ago, teamhappyfrog said:
found a few of the Cybermen / Doc Brown sets at a local target.  Took to customer service and was told I could only buy 1 set since I was price matching(even though they were different sets).  Then told I could not price match to target.com because they are clearance.

Clearance? They have preorder sets on sale too and I don't see clearance on the site. I think you just got an old Walmart employee.

Yeah, that person doesn't know their job.  Clearance prices say clearance.  These are just on sale.  You could literally go online, purchase for that store (if their inventory isn't effed up) and then they would be yours at that price.  Some people are just out to ruin other people's day.  I PM'ed a few at TRU today and the newish manager wanted to check with a more veteran one just to clear it.  They did.  I have a Target CS troll at one of my stores I just steer clear of.  She says no to anything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dcdfan said:
10 minutes ago, teamhappyfrog said:

Yes that is what the CSR said, anything that ends in a 9 or 8.  I went back to my office and then ordered the 1 that they had available online.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Yeah, that person doesn't know their job.  Clearance prices say clearance.  These are just on sale.  You could literally go online, purchase for that store (if their inventory isn't effed up) and then they would be yours at that price.  Some people are just out to ruin other people's day.  I PM'ed a few at TRU today and the newish manager wanted to check with a more veteran one just to clear it.  They did.  I have a Target CS troll at one of my stores I just steer clear of.  She says no to anything.

I did a price match on a slimer I bought before the sale and she would only match the in-store price ($7.19), not the target.com price ($5.39). Wasn't such a big deal as I had paid with GCs and any reduction basically made them "free"

• Like 1