What Lego set did you buy today?

picked up two used sets yesterday, local cash deal and one new set.

1.  Grand Emporium, complete with box and instructions

2.  Star Wars UCS AT-ST, complete but no box or instructions  (I was surprised to see how large this set was)

3.  Beetle, brand new from Lego store.  Free London bus.

Paid $480 (Canadian dollars) for both used sets.....not a fantastic deal, but I really wanted the AT-ST.  I have a GE, but its brand new, so I was reluctant to open it.

Edited by Vader888

41999 LE Crawler. Was in my "dark ages" until few months back so missed my opportunity to get this set. I've always been a fan of Technic RC sets and this one just looked amazing.

I actually bought the porsche set aswell but decided to sell it after seeing its reviews and when I realised you could not add any power functions to it.

20160804_204354.jpg

• Like 3

today i went to a Walmart  i had never been to before in Manchester CT - i had to take my car in for service near by and the app said there were some $40 Kylo Ren shuttles and some 50% off minecraft.

Get to the toy section - not seeing any clearance though the minecraft sets are loaded but unmarked so i snag a couple Nether Fortress and Desert Outposts for 50% off.  I ask the toy dept manager/clerk guy if there is a clearance section with LEGO he points me in a general direction - walk over towards the clearance sign walk around the corner and run into a load of 50% off  $15 Architecture sets ("little" Big Ben, Berlin, Venice, and Lincoln Memorial)  - so I did the quick double take and then swiped the shelf into my cart and hightailed it out of there .  i've never seen architecture in a walmart before much less on a clearance aisle.  it was a good day.

Hey, nice find!
I had gone through that same store looking for the Kylos @$59. There were 3 there but well crushed (like truly stomped) in spiders. So you didn't miss much with them. Was in a bit of a hurry myself so ran off skipping any further exploration. Good reward for your diligence!

today i went to a Walmart  i had never been to before in Manchester CT - i had to take my car in for service near by and the app said there were some $40 Kylo Ren shuttles and some 50% off minecraft.

Get to the toy section - not seeing any clearance though the minecraft sets are loaded but unmarked so i snag a couple Nether Fortress and Desert Outposts for 50% off.  I ask the toy dept manager/clerk guy if there is a clearance section with LEGO he points me in a general direction - walk over towards the clearance sign walk around the corner and run into a load of 50% off  $15 Architecture sets ("little" Big Ben, Berlin, Venice, and Lincoln Memorial)  - so I did the quick double take and then swiped the shelf into my cart and hightailed it out of there .  i've never seen architecture in a walmart before much less on a clearance aisle.  it was a good day.

Haven't ventured the architecture road but seeing those at that price I would've done the same. That's easy money for you down the road. Congrats.

5 hours ago, cladner said:

walk over towards the clearance sign walk around the corner and run into a load of 50% off  $15 Architecture sets ("little" Big Ben, Berlin, Venice, and Lincoln Memorial)  - so I did the quick double take and then swiped the shelf into my cart and hightailed it out of there .  i've never seen architecture in a walmart before much less on a clearance aisle.  it was a good day.

You could have at least stacked them nicer in the cart......the dents!! ;)

• Like 4

Went present hunting for a bday party today - the bday boy (a friend of my kids) recently discovered his love for SW Lego and brought over his Millenium Falcon he was building, so I thought it might be great to get him a nice discounted set to match. Found a 75101 FO Tie for $49 at WM, but it had a hole in the front, so left it. Then, tonight after poker I decided to pop into a WM on the route back home, and found 2x 75101 FO Tie for $35 (one for the bday-boy, and one for my son who will no doubt claim he wants to have one too). Left 1 more on the shelf for the other Timmy (as my son is called Timmy too :) ), actually, did some inventory management and took 2 Ties from the storage shelf above the displays and put one in my cart and the other back on the shelf.

Also, finally, after visiting what seemed like 20 GameStops, got a few freebies: 3x30279 Kylo Ren's Shuttle, only to find out they sell for peanuts on EBay .... $5 including shipping. Ah well.

• Like 4

Latest acquisitions. 

10212 used/complete but no instructions £180.  Will need to build it to be sure but looks fine.  
Tumbler used complete w. instructions/box.  £60. Tumbler was shipped built and that mess is what arrived.  Hard to be critical with what I paid for it though.  

Shuttle is likely a keeper, the Tumbler I want to build, doubt I’ll keep though.  For me most sets are about building rather than collecting/displaying.  

2.jpg

• Like 5