What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Littlered said:

Return to its store with the outer bag as proof of order. That's what I did today. 

I'm dropping off 5 bin-liners to Argos tomorrow morning, not a single undamaged box among them! I refused delivery for the remaining bags (which were clear and looked even thinner) as I could see the state of the contents as the Yodel driver came to the door. I'm done with Argos for EVERYTHING, not just LEGO. You should've seen the state of the box that my girlfriend's electric toothbrush was in - I could swear that it was a used return.

I'll not hesitate to raise merry hell if there's a fuss and I will call Trading Standards in front of the store manager if I have to within earshot of waiting customers.

Edited by TabbyBoy
Typo

Guest TabbyBoy

Finally, on a happier note... I just picked up the following from Tesco Express C&C and they were all pristine and well boxed:

4x 21304 Dr Who (2 separate orders)

2x 21108 Ecto1

1x 42042 Technic Crawler Crane

3x 75902 Scooby Doo Mystery Machine

7x 75871 Mustang GT

7x 75873 Audi R8

5x 60118 Garbage Truck

4x 60044 Mobile Police Unit

The above was a total of 9 orders over £60 which netted me over 14,000 in clubcard points. The way I use these points means that I only paid around 40% RRP for each of these sets on average. I'd have ordered a lot more but, the "500+1000 glitch" was noticed when placing my 10th order ;-(

Shove this up your sphincter, Argos!

Edited by TabbyBoy
Typo

So good news from argos 3 for 2 was:

9 x 75111 darth vader build able figure at £15.33 (39% off)

3 x 60051 High speed passenger train at £46.65 (53% off)  managed to get argos to price match amazon then did 3 for 2

I ordered all my items and they came in bin liner + stickers, however I got really lucky as none were damaged. They do have stickers but as got them for good price will keep them as I highly doubt buyers will care if there is a sticker on box.

Bad news:

Ordered loads of ghostbuster ecto1 at £27.98 (38% off) only to find out argos doesn't stock ecto1 and got the new ghostbuster ecto1 & 2 instead, complete fail!

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

So good news from argos 3 for 2 was:

9 x 75111 darth vader build able figure at £15.33 (39% off)

3 x 60051 High speed passenger train at £46.65 (53% off)  managed to get argos to price match amazon then did 3 for 2

I ordered all my items and they came in bin liner + stickers, however I got really lucky as none were damaged. They do have stickers but as got them for good price will keep them as I highly doubt buyers will care if there is a sticker on box.

Bad news:

Ordered loads of ghostbuster ecto1 at £27.98 (38% off) only to find out argos doesn't stock ecto1 and got the new ghostbuster ecto1 & 2 instead, complete fail!

You seem to be one of the lucky few. Have you had complaints yet about stickers on a box? I had complaints in the early days and typically had to give away a 25% refund to preserve my 100% feedback. A lot of eBay buyers are VERY demanding (even with boring non-collector sets) so make sure you post a photo of the sticker and mention it in the listing.

The Darth Vader set will be gold after EOL but, I'd only pay £15.33 if there were no stickers ;-)

3 minutes ago, jaylay said:

Woohooo look at all the Lego sets flying off the shelves from here to there, unfortunately except here! Jealousy runs through my veins this time of year!

Why jealous, aren't you in the US where LEGO is dirt cheap?

30 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Finally, on a happier note... I just picked up the following from Tesco Express C&C and they were all pristine and well boxed:

4x 21304 Dr Who (2 separate orders)

2x 21108 Ecto1

1x 42042 Technic Crawler Crane

3x 75902 Scooby Doo Mystery Machine

7x 75871 Mustang GT

7x 75873 Audi R8

5x 60118 Garbage Truck

4x 60044 Mobile Police Unit

The above was a total of 9 orders over £60 which netted me over 14,000 in clubcard points. The way I use these points means that I only paid around 40% RRP for each of these sets on average. I'd have ordered a lot more but, the "500+1000 glitch" was noticed when placing my 10th order ;-(

Shove this up your sphincter, Argos!

Do you think mustang and r8 will do much EOL ?

WM - First friends for me: 41101 heartlake grand hotel @ $64. Feeling little fruity:) hope that the profit will make me feel better. 

WM - 3x  75101 first order tie @ $35 each.

will be adding more storage shelves this weekend, and the London bus promo is about to start...

Horde is fast, less and less on the shelves. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

After going to three Walmarts with varied sales ranging from almost no discounts to major/minor sets being wiped out and passing on several sets such as Kylo Ren's Shuttle 75103, Deep Sea Exploration Vessel 60095 and Green Lantern vs Sinestro 76025, and not being to find FO Tie Fighter 75101 for myself, I was able to find a Spaceport 60080 for $59.  Amazing I was able to keep the budget my wife and I set.  The box has some imperfections such as some of the blue being torn off in two small places, but it did not have a control tag on it with the damage that normally causes so I consider it a win!  Box is in great condition for a WM set like this.

13 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

You seem to be one of the lucky few. Have you had complaints yet about stickers on a box? I had complaints in the early days and typically had to give away a 25% refund to preserve my 100% feedback. A lot of eBay buyers are VERY demanding (even with boring non-collector sets) so make sure you post a photo of the sticker and mention it in the listing.

The Darth Vader set will be gold after EOL but, I'd only pay £15.33 if there were no stickers ;-)

Why jealous, aren't you in the US where LEGO is dirt cheap?

why would vader be gold

11 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

WM - First friends for me: 41101 heartlake grand hotel @ $64. Feeling little fruity:) hope that the profit will make me feel better. 

WM - 3x  75101 first order tie @ $35 each.

will be adding more storage shelves this weekend, and the London bus promo is about to start...

Horde is fast, less and less on the shelves. 

image.jpg

whats the london bus promo

Guest TabbyBoy
13 hours ago, Tom J said:

Do you think mustang and r8 will do much EOL ?

Due to the Tesco deal and the way I use points, I still double-up even when selling for retail and will likely sell them as pairs. Of course, I'm taking a punt like we all do.

Argos gave me a £10 gift card for the inconvenience after taking back their disastrous "bin-liner" shipment so I spent it on another 75851 Ford Mustang GT which I'll build as it's worthless with stickers on the box.

As you can see, Tesco gave me the 1500 points for each of my 9 >£60 orders ;-)

TescoClubcardPoints.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Knightwing01 said:

why would vader be gold

He's only one of the most well known characters in the Star Wars universe and serious collectors will prefer the original trilogy I think! ;-)

Just look at how well the Super Heroes buildable figures did, I made 4x buy-in within a year of buying my 100 or so Iron Man buildable figures.

Bought 76058 Spider-Man: Ghost Rider Team Up.  Couldn't resist.  Other than the 10% TRU Thursday action, no other discount.  Doesn't matter.  Just wanted to get this set.

Also finished out my Series 16 wants.  I have one complete set that I got last week, but then wanted to pick up three extra Mariachis and two more Penguin Suit Guys.

• Like 2

On 27 July 2016 at 11:22 PM, TabbyBoy said:

I'm dropping off 5 bin-liners to Argos tomorrow morning, not a single undamaged box among them! I refused delivery for the remaining bags (which were clear and looked even thinner) as I could see the state of the contents as the Yodel driver came to the door. I'm done with Argos for EVERYTHING, not just LEGO. You should've seen the state of the box that my girlfriend's electric toothbrush was in - I could swear that it was a used return.

I'll not hesitate to raise merry hell if there's a fuss and I will call Trading Standards in front of the store manager if I have to within earshot of waiting customers.

Quoted and Received via  Flubit fulfilled by Argos two months ago,  submitted three Support emails but no replies, very disappointed both with Flubit and Argos! No way i could return to store as wasn't purchased direct from Argos!

by Argos, submitted a 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

He's only one of the most well known characters in the Star Wars universe and serious collectors will prefer the original trilogy I think! ;-)

Just look at how well the Super Heroes buildable figures did, I made 4x buy-in within a year of buying my 100 or so Iron Man buildable figures.

thanks will pick up a few

Over the course of the last few days I have bought the following:

31x series 7 and 8 Mixels at $2.50 each
4x series 7 Mixels at $2 each
3x 75102 Poe's X-wing at $40 each
2x 75140 Resistance Troop Transport at $40 each
2x 60099 Deep Sea Scooter at $3.50 each
2x 76036 Carnage Sky Attack at $5 each
1x 75915 Pteranodon Capture at $9 each
1x 70331 Ultimate Beastmaster at $5 each
1x 79334 Ultimate Macy at $5 each
4x 10722 Juniors Snake Showdown at $7 each