What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought 11x series 16 packs at TRU. Used bump codes to try distinguish quickly. Free Bionicle.
Rinsed, repeat.
Used a discounted gift card. Took pics in my the trunk of my car. Posted on eBay the complete set. 30 mins later, got my first offer, $70 + free shipping.

Ok. Which one of you was it?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I found a temporary glitch at Amazon UK and ordered 3x Dr Who and only seemed to be charged for 1. Let's see what turns up?

28 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

My TRU has a limit 5 on Series 16, so I grabbed 2x Bananas, 2x Babysitters and an Imp and then tossed in a $25 Homing Spider Droid for the free Bionicle and TRUTH'ed the whole mess to make my total $43.  But seriously, limit 5?

Just bought the exact same thing! I quick smooshed to make sure I had one Banana Guy, but left the other 4 to chance. 

• Like 1

Picked up a rather large bulk lot off CL yesterday. Probably 50lbs of stuff, but it was a moving family who didn't have time to sort. It's about 50/50 Lego and MegaBloks. All MB have instructions, exclusively Halo and CoD themes so hopefully I can make a bit of money there... 

But the ad advertised as having "5 Lego sets and lots more toys", with some pictures of some valuable sets like 7785 Arkham, and 7783 Batcave. When I got it all home and went through the pile of instructions (not pictured or advertised!) I count 28 sets. Plugging into the Lot Calculator, assuming everything is complete (which it wont be) in used condition, it's spitting a value of $1137 USD. I paid $500 CAD, which by today's exchange rate is $382 USD. All sets from the 2006-2008 range, right in the deepest, darkest of my Dark Ages... should be great to experience the builds at the least, and even better when i make some dough off them! 

Edited by Zelgazra

13 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Picked up a rather large bulk lot off CL yesterday. Probably 50lbs of stuff, but it was a moving family who didn't have time to sort. It's about 50/50 Lego and MegaBloks. All MB have instructions, exclusively Halo and CoD themes so hopefully I can make a bit of money there... 

But the ad advertised as having "5 Lego sets and lots more toys", with some pictures of some valuable sets like 7785 Arkham, and 7783 Batcave. When I got it all home and went through the pile of instructions (not pictured or advertised!) I count 28 sets. Plugging into the Lot Calculator, assuming everything is complete (which it wont be) in used condition, it's spitting a value of $1137 USD. I paid $500 CAD, which by today's exchange rate is $382 USD. All sets from the 2006-2008 range, right in the deepest, darkest of my Dark Ages... should be great to experience the builds at the least, and even better when i make some dough off them! 

Until the roaches crawl out ..... right, @donbee?

• Like 1

Climate's too moderate in Vancouver for roaches. We don't have em. 

Clearly a reference to some past event, and not applicable anyway, but in any case certainly not relevant to my geographic location ;) Bandaids and other such crap is much more plausible though. 

Found 2 boxes of series 16 today at Walmart  Local toys r us is saying sept 1 for it. Also got an untouched sleeve of 120 Disney. There two more in stock. Considering going back for them.

also ran by all the local Walmart on drive to and from work.

bought a lot of trex @ $49, rampage @35, final duel @59, scooby mansion@64, senate troopers/shadow trooper/ultrons/carnage @9, FO snowspeeder@19, resistance trans@49, FO tie@49 

prepping for xmas

• Like 1

75904 Myst.Mansion was 62.98 at local Target today. Partial paid with some discount gift cards to get two for about $60 each, out-the-door.

Then went to TRU and had them price match Amazon on (2) of 60050 Train Station for $40.98. Paid with $55 in rewards + discount gift cards to get them for actual cost of about $12 each. And the best part... no Bionicles! :D 

• Like 1

arm shelf swiped some Little Mermaid Arielle undersea palaces at a target that the brickpicker stock tracker correctly identified in both price and number.

couldn't say no to 6 of these at the price of $21.98 - red card 5% = 20.88 - 73% off the bloated 54.99 msrp.

also snagged some shadow trooper battlepacks for $8.63 each.

this store also had some super hero markdowns quinjet set for $58 and scooby doo lighthouse at 34.98 which i passed on.

no JW clearance at any of the 2 dozen stores within my tracker zone.

IMG_3447.JPG

Edited by cladner
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, cladner said:

arm shelf swiped some Little Mermaid Arielle undersea palaces at a target that the brickpicker stock tracker correctly identified in both price and number.

couldn't say no to 6 of these at the price of $21.98 - red card 5% = 20.88 - 73% off the bloated 54.99 msrp.

Nicely done.  While at TRU today, I noted that this set as the TRU bloated markup of $59.99.

19 minutes ago, cladner said:

also snagged some shadow trooper battlepacks for $8.63 each.

this store also had some super hero markdowns quinjet set for $58 and scooby doo lighthouse at 34.98 which i passed on.

no JW clearance at any of the 2 dozen stores within my tracker zone.

IMG_3447.JPG

Closest one to me with that price is 10 miles away which shows as one hour drive :( .....Chicago - my kind of town....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Closest one to me with that price is 10 miles away which shows as one hour drive :( .....Chicago - my kind of town....

Better get them quick if your going to make the trip! i cleared out the 3 on 29th and cicero today, going out for the rest tomorrow. 

other sets marked down to 50% off there were 

31039 creator power jet 

41073  elves nadias adventure ship

41075 elves treetop hideaway 

i passed on those 3 cause my inventory is starting to burst at the seams. mostly looking for licensed themes or more popular creator or city sets

also at another target i saw there was destinys bounty @ 50% off but couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger... how is the rrp of this set only $30 less than the new MF? 

Edited by Jeffrey_Dollars