What Lego set did you buy today?

Got a used but complete Imperial Flagship for $250 of off CL. I don't think I had seen one before because I was surprised by how big it is. Now the dilemma - sell or keep? It's a really beautiful ship!

Keep. Hard to get one at that price again. Unless you're badly in need of cash ...

• Like 3

Just now, HappyHawkeye said:

Got a used but complete Imperial Flagship for $250 of off CL. I don't think I had seen one before because I was surprised by how big it is. Now the dilemma - sell or keep? It's a really beautiful ship!

This set is a funny one for me. I bought one for $325, complete with manuals about a year ago. Not a ton to be made at my buy in, but I hadn't owned one before so I bought it. I love to build sets, but I don't get too attached to them. Everything is for sale. This is one of about 3 sets that I own, that are not for sale. It's an amazing set all around, and I just can't part with it. If anyone else was wondering what the other two 'not for sale' sets are, they are the UCS R2-D2 and Emerald Express. All of these are at my office on display (no, I'm not a CEO). 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Keep!  I wasn't too keen on anything like that until I built the QAR.  Then suddenly, I decided that I absolutely love LEGO boats (at least, ones that are not modern day).  I'd love to have an IF.  I'd definitely keep that thing.

55 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

This set is a funny one for me. I bought one for $325, complete with manuals about a year ago. Not a ton to be made at my buy in, but I hadn't owned one before so I bought it. I love to build sets, but I don't get too attached to them. Everything is for sale. This is one of about 3 sets that I own, that are not for sale. It's an amazing set all around, and I just can't part with it. If anyone else was wondering what the other two 'not for sale' sets are, they are the UCS R2-D2 and Emerald Express. All of these are at my office on display (no, I'm not a CEO). 

Those are all great choices for keeping.  I don't blame you at all for having those on your "off limits" list.

• Like 1

Today was my first time asking about damaged boxes. I feel like such a noob but I rarely buy in-store. :)

Temple of Airjitsu .. 10% off for damaged box (two teenie dings on the back) and the extra 500 VIP points

The store employee didn't think the 10% off would stack with the additional VIP points but offered to try. His reasoning was that since they input an override on damaged box sets, other promos don't usually apply. But the Temple was not on his "master list" of damaged sets and once he saw that he said I bet both will apply. It was clearly in the damaged pile out back but they only had one. There were out of Classic Knights promos (they ran out yesterday morning) so he offered me a Fountain instead which I thought was nice.

For the curious, they had dozens and dozens of the new Beetles and new Ecto 1&2 sets nicely stacked with "do not put out before X" labels) above and beside the damaged boxed sets. I got to step inside the employee door to view the damaged boxes. It was quite the mish-mash of sets but they must have had 2 dozen of the name that figure set.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

Today was my first time asking about damaged boxes. I feel like such a noob but I rarely buy in-store. :)

I tried that for the first time yesterday at the store at Downtown Disney in Orlando. He said they had to stop because people would pretty much throw a set on the ground and ask for a discount. People suck

• Like 5

Tried to buy a mixed lot off an auction site (one I'm not willing to tell you animals about) that had at least the vast majority of the Black Pearl, including Davy Jones, but I got sniped at the last minute while I was driving home. 

Don't worry - we all know about ********. ;)

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, giljo said:

just bought a Volcano Supply Helicopter at 18.40 € on amazon.it, best purchase ever close to 70% off 

I tried also and saw a message saying that they don't ship to the UK. Was was the purchase limit? 1?

Shame as Amazon IT are often the cheapest of all.

27 minutes ago, LegoAddict42 said:

Scooby Doo lighthouse at Target for 34.98.  Last one on the shelf and they seem to be going FAST according to the tracker - not many left in the wild at Target near me anyway.

amazon price is 38,98 [ provided you are in no tax @ amazon ] even if you are not is it really worth chasing this to target? [ it may be there it may not be ] :D

11 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I tried also and saw a message saying that they don't ship to the UK. Was was the purchase limit? 1?

Shame as Amazon IT are often the cheapest of all.

That's it, the shop had only one set

40 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

Toys r us with TRUTH, discount GC, and $10 off of $75 coupon.

Ecto 1 - $41

Corner Deli - $25

Bionicle Quake beast - $0

+ 8% back in reward points

nice scores i realy hope that ecto 1 does well!!!

Edited by Knightwing01
sorry bad spelling
  • Like 1