What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, 167pilot said:

Got the first of 6 walmart UCS tie fighters, not minty. a sticker on the long edge. some tape damage to the lego emblem on the front  and some crush damage to the box. The dilema is do I return or not.

see if they'll give you any sort of discount for the damaged boxes (they probably will).  

It's a shame that stores like Walmart have very lax packaging policies so I think it's only fair to call them out on it when there's real damage to boxes they ship carelessly.  

Guest TabbyBoy

2x Poe X-Wing from Amazon UK - finally!

Worked out at £39.99 each after using 30PRIMENOW code for first Prime purchase.

Someone posted they had a big box of Star Wars Lego for $100 on CL. I inquired. Two days later got pics of a bunch of instruction books. Ran the numbers, not too bad. If complete and in good condition, looking at a $200-250 resale value. I'll try to negotiate. Requested pics. Three days later and after a lot of hassle (seller was not internet savvy) I got some blurry pics. I agreed to meet to see final condition.
To begin negotiations, I complained that several of the key minifigs were missing, like Rey from her Speeder.
Seller said she'd search. Then she said she'd throw in her kids bulk left overs. And I can build what I want from it. I said I'd check it out.

Here's what I got for $100. I didn't have the heart to try negotiate down. Looks like she took advantage of her kids being on summer break and had them separate the minifigs and accessories and bulk Lego by color. As best they could.
Around 50 minifigs, ~35 are in sellable condition. The rest are disorganized. A missing limb, chews hand, etc.
several complete sets already built. And maybe 20lbs of bulk. I already identified Cade Banes ship. Excited to see what else.

Check the help thread and help identify some of the sets please =)
6a1d7a54e887549c93204362a227f98a.jpg5e48b4959cc13fdbd5a603726b4f3384.jpg33e993e90e1a13ada5872e0b6ce3c4e5.jpg228d2710feccbacf65366ab0361de33f.jpgf386eb03d29e5a5d5d2f40fa0f541fcc.jpg

There is some non Lego in the bulk. But the star wars are in good condition. Save for the smell of cat piss =\

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, kiltyoneal said:

10699 Classic Sand Baseplate x 4  (Kmart - Free with SYW)

41097 Friends Heartlake Hot Air Balloon x 1  (Kmart - Free with SYW)

75100 First Order Snowspeeder x 2 (Walmart - $19 each)

Left a stack of at least 10 Snowspeeders for little Timmy!

Free stuf from Kmart is the best. Just picked up my $2.50 baseplate .... not exactly free, but I'll take it.

• Like 2

Now did you notice that before or after you bought it? I'm not allergic to cats but definitely to piss! 

Before. It could be baby piss. She had 3 kids under 5. But I think it was triggering some allergies. So I assume dog or cat. Soap and water worked on the minifigs.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Free stuf from Kmart is the best. Just picked up my $2.50 baseplate .... not exactly free, but I'll take it. 

Yes it is, I picked up a free Scooby Doo: Mystery Mansion yesterday. :girldance:  I took your advisement and bought a Ninjago: X1 Ninja Charger while I was there too for $33.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Yes it is, I picked up a free Scooby Doo: Mystery Mansion yesterday. :girldance:  I took your advisement and bought a Ninjago: X1 Ninja Charger while I was there too for $33.

I _KNEW_ your comment the other day meant you had a secret stash somewhere :)