What Lego set did you buy today?

Was out garage selling this past weekend.  I run across things from time to time but usually they are overpriced and I'm not creative enough to put sets together out of huge piles of mixed bricks.  This weekend I found a few sets, either in original boxes or in plastic bags, but they labeled the bags as complete, near complete, missing xxx, etc.  Picked up the following items for $1 each!

4733 - The Dueling Club (Missing 4 pieces).  Already sold it for $30

4727 Aragog in the Dark Forest w/ box - Haven't inspected it yet

7139 and 7113 Manuals.  This one came with the Catapult from 7139 and then the Tusken Raiders from 7113 and then some miscellaneous parts from other sets I haven't identified yet.

4479 Star Wars Tie Bomber - Incomplete but haven't inspected it yet, looks to have most pieces

7469 Mission to Mars - Bag says "Believed to be complete" but haven't inspected it.

4755 Knight Bus - No Minifigures but it has the box and they said the bus is complete.

I put together the Dueling club last night and listed it and sold it this morning.  Should be fun to put the rest of these sets together and see exactly what I got.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tombb25 said:

Was out garage selling this past weekend.  I run across things from time to time but usually they are overpriced and I'm not creative enough to put sets together out of huge piles of mixed bricks.  This weekend I found a few sets, either in original boxes or in plastic bags, but they labeled the bags as complete, near complete, missing xxx, etc.  Picked up the following items for $1 each!

4733 - The Dueling Club (Missing 4 pieces).  Already sold it for $30

4727 Aragog in the Dark Forest w/ box - Haven't inspected it yet

7139 and 7113 Manuals.  This one came with the Catapult from 7139 and then the Tusken Raiders from 7113 and then some miscellaneous parts from other sets I haven't identified yet.

4479 Star Wars Tie Bomber - Incomplete but haven't inspected it yet, looks to have most pieces

7469 Mission to Mars - Bag says "Believed to be complete" but haven't inspected it.

4755 Knight Bus - No Minifigures but it has the box and they said the bus is complete.

I put together the Dueling club last night and listed it and sold it this morning.  Should be fun to put the rest of these sets together and see exactly what I got.

I hate you.  I came out of my dark ages too late to pick up any HP stuff.  I'm hoping something that I've got will end up appreciating enough that I can sell it and buy some of the HP stuff I missed out on.  Or find someone to trade me.  The good thing is that I don't care if it comes with the box or not.  It will all most definitely get built.

A 60057 Camper Van just popped up on Amazon for $19.99. Grabbed it and will hope that it's in good condition.  This set has appreciated nicely.

I sold a bunch FBA at $47. I need to replenish. I'm still not sure why the few 60056 sellers are still low balling?
  • Like 1

Picked up some sand green bricks, fence, and plates. A Volcano Helicopter with VIP points and a free Volcano Driller.

Also some Ariel's Undersea Palace for $21.98 at Target.

I've been on the fence for Ariels palace. Though I did well with the Duplo version. I just got lucky with that one.

18 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I sold a bunch FBA at $47. I need to replenish. I'm still not sure why the few 60056 sellers are still low balling?

I missed out on 60056, but I have a stash of 57.  Trying to add to my garbage truck stas now, plus port-o-potties.

53 minutes ago, jaxman said:

A 60057 Camper Van just popped up on Amazon for $19.99. Grabbed it and will hope that it's in good condition.  This set has appreciated nicely.

That's good to know. I picked up 3 last year at Target's Clearance for $10.88. Still trying to get rid of them though. CL has been slow going lately.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Just randoms or anything in particular that seems to be selling?

At TRU looked like whole box of 60 was untouched so I grabbed it (shooshed at home) and Lego store had limit of 32 so I felt for few bananas and got help with couple penguin suit guys and just grabbed ransoms to reach 32. Already sold 2 complete sets and 10 singles, suprisingly sold only one banana guy out of those 10, so far best is penguin suit guy (3sold) and babysitter (3 sold). One imp sold, one ice queen and one serenader.

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 2

At TRU looked like whole box of 60 was untouched so I grabbed it (shooshed at home) and Lego store had limit of 32 so I felt for few bananas and got help with couple penguin suit guys and just grabbed ransoms to reach 32. Already sold 2 complete sets and 10 singles, suprisingly sold only one banana guy out of those 10, so far best is penguin suit guy (3sold) and babysitter (3 sold). One imp sold, one ice queen and one serenader.

In pretty sure there are 5 Banana guys but maybe only 3 of the Penguin Suit and 3 Babysitters per box.

My TRU handed me an unopened box but gave me a limit of one set. I could have picked up just a couple but I really wanted my full set first

Good job properly QFLL'ing!
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

In pretty sure there are 5 Banana guys but maybe only 3 of the Penguin Suit and 3 Babysitters per box.

My TRU handed me an unopened box but gave me a limit of one set. I could have picked up just a couple but I really wanted my full set first

Good job properly QFLL'ing!

Thx, QF-ing is slowing down already, slower every hour but hey, sold full sets for $130 each and singles for $10 each plus shipping. For that money I'll quick flip, slow flip and even flip somebody if needed ;) got free bionicles at TRU per their offer plus used 15% discounted gift cards, at Lego got regular 5% VIP and used a NEXO coupon from the calendar.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolvergeek said:

Ordered 3 Mystery Mansions from jet.com for around $58 each with the new account discount. These are gone from all local Walmart and Targets so I didn't want to wait too long to pick up a couple extra. Should be good Halloween 2017 sellers.

Easy double including fees and everything else at $58.  This is a 2015 top 5 set.  Just don't tell anyone else.

• Like 2