What Lego set did you buy today?

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:33 PM, Phil B said:

Did a bit of "make your own deal" at Meijer today: 75903 Scooby Doo Lighthouse - $23.49 after rewards magic and 25% clearance.

Also got a bucket of sand green at the LEGO store and collected my Nexo knight..

What sand green pieces did they have? On PAB?

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:42 PM, labfreak7 said:

Aerial picture of my sorting. Got these today for. 150. Includes a partial imperial flagship and fire brigade. Also some parts for the maersk ship.

Anyone know what train car this is?

And I thought this was appropriate considering what tomorrow is...

Emerald night 10194. Great score!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Yes ... 1x1 bricks and 1x2 plates. Don't think they're going to last very long .....

Saw those at Orland Square too on Friday.  They also had 1x2 trans clear bricks - useful for stacking to create 'invisible supports' for flying vehicles in displays.

1 hour ago, jkris53406 said:

What sand green pieces did they have? On PAB?

Emerald night 10194. Great score!

Yes!  I was looking that picture, and kept thinking to myself - I know that car, because I've built it.  But I couldn't remember exactly where it was from.  (I pulled it from a bulk set that didn't have the Emerald Night engine, only the car and the tender).

Guest brickcrazyhouse
24 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Brickpicker Peer Pressure (is there an acronym for that yet?)

ex.o. s.u.i.t. = extreme optimism sweeps us in trouble 

edit: to be on topic bought the build able Grievous and Big Ben. local Lego store was out of Disney minifies and sand green PAB pieces. 

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

(sorry admins, wrong section, can you please move this under "What Lego did you buy today?")

and here our 2nd Harry Potter set (for 8yo/6yo daughters... and wife I guess)

also from eBay UK (GBP 189) :)

by the way the used Hogwarts Castle I got from another UK seller a couple weeks ago had more missing stuff than declared ("nothing major, maybe a couple flowers"), including missing instruction manual number 3 and a somewhat rare cat, sent everything via eBay message and got no answer (I bought everything via BL for relatively cheap but other sellers in Germany or USA answered right away and offered to send missing parts... I did not give any feedback to this seller yet... still wondering... if I at least got an answer with some "sorry" comment I would have given positive feedback but no communication in my book is very bad...)

IMG-20160704-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20160704-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20160704-WA0009.jpg

Edited by Simon74
  • Like 3

Daughter needed some new shoes and I needed to check out a Target that is out of my normal range, so went with my wifey. Didn't get any of the clearance, had the same clearance that I've seen all through FL and into Alabama. Did pick up 11 of my fav poly bags and 2 extras for prudence.

But no shoes, so my wife wanted to try tj Maxx and marshals, to my Chagrin. Interesting, I found the 70228 sky scavenger for $24.99. I already stocked up on a few of these from Target so I passed. but I didn't realize it was a decent price because the sticker said original price was $29.99.

Still no shoes, so we decided to stop by some second hand kids stores. We went to the chain one first "once upon a child" and I found a star wars 2012 Advent Calendar pack. With 2 green base plates for $12.99!

Still no shoes, so we went to a smaller, family owned shop and I picked up a technic helicopter 8046 $10

Chima 70141 $10

Chima 70127 $3.75

All are sealed boxes in descent condition. Though I'll part out the Chima.

And finally, as a consolation prize I got to go to TRU while my wife tried another Marshals on the way home.

There I used a 20% off coupon and some reward bucks to score a Dr. Who for $33 and a free Skeleton Warrior.

It was a nice shopping day with the wifey. We'll try again when Target does a second clearance on the Legos.

• Like 5

The seal on Advent Calendar was broken, so I quickly looked through before I bought and saw that it had at least 4 minifigs, including Santa Maul. So I got it. I've never bought one of these before, does it normally come with 2 sets? I checked BL and the set inventory only mentions one of each.

I separated them and found two of each, except 5 missing (the ones with brown blocks are mysteriously missing, and only one naboo fighter. But two of the minifigs, including to R2D2 and 2 Santa Mauls. I'm quite pleased =)

9f6403c9fc9f35d839a29d51995d7a56.jpg4a2dcf0e25be2aeeb89dc712bece593e.jpg058c2c702c7e6fe8e48f8998b3996ae2.jpg

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse
54 minutes ago, donbee said:

Daughter needed some new shoes and I needed to check out a Target that is out of my normal range, so went with my wifey. Didn't get any of the clearance, had the same clearance that I've seen all through FL and into Alabama. Did pick up 11 of my fav poly bags and 2 extras for prudence.

But no shoes, so my wife wanted to try tj Maxx and marshals, to my Chagrin. Interesting, I found the 70228 sky scavenger for $24.99. I already stocked up on a few of these from Target so I passed. but I didn't realize it was a decent price because the sticker said original price was $29.99.

Still no shoes, so we decided to stop by some second hand kids stores. We went to the chain one first "once upon a child" and I found a star wars 2012 Advent Calendar pack. With 2 green base plates for $12.99!

Still no shoes, so we went to a smaller, family owned shop and I picked up a technic helicopter 8046 $10

Chima 70141 $10

Chima 70127 $3.75

All are sealed boxes in descent condition. Though I'll part out the Chima.

And finally, as a consolation prize I got to go to TRU while my wife tried another Marshals on the way home.

There I used a 20% off coupon and some reward bucks to score a Dr. Who for $33 and a free Skeleton Warrior.

It was a nice shopping day with the wifey. We'll try again when Target does a second clearance on the Legos.

but what about the shoesssss?

Not for lack of trying, but nothing. Went to two WMs, nothing.  Drove 1.25 hours to the Lego Store in Orlando to pick up the Vacation RV (it's back ordered on LEGO Shop at Home) and get a Knights set, both were sold out. Hit a Target on the way back, nothing good. I did pick up a clearance LeapPad skin for my daughter and two Funko's (Harley Quinn and Nien Nunb) for $5 each at WM. 

Edited by TigerEyez
Corrected spelling of Nien Nunb, to prevent ridicule

Actually had these delivered while I was finishing building the Slave I. You should have seen the look on my wife face when USPS delivered three boxes full of Lego's. However, my daughter was thrilled when I opened the first box and it was the Mystery Mansion! 

IMG_0582.jpg

• Like 1