What Lego set did you buy today?

For those of you who saw my other post, sorry for the repeat.  For those who didn't, I picked up a box at an "Estate Sale" (where the resident and her mother were very much alive) for $80. It has a complete Cafe Corner modular (was missing four small pieces) and what looks like a complete 5526 Skyline.  Massive thanks to @jgschmieg3 and @Alpinemaps for identifying the two sets from a pic last night with a part of one instruction page from the CC and a couple partially built sections of the skyline. 

Also from a CL post, I picked up a used, but supposedly complete Simpsons House for $100.  Haven't dug into it yet, I was a little distracted by the CC. 

I've seen so many posts with great finds and I've lost out on two online charity auctions lately, one with a Black Pearl and one with a UCS ISD and a UCS IST, so it felt good to get a win. 

I've  always said I'm in this to finance my Lego building/collecting habit, so I may offer the CC up for trades for a package of sets I want for my collection like the GBHQ, Sandcrawler, and UCS Red 5.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tigereyez, where was the estate sale you picked up the CC? Saline, MI?

17 minutes ago, corbaguy said:

Tigereyez, where was the estate sale you picked up the CC? Saline, MI?

No, it was in Jacksonville, FL. This was the pick in the CL ad. They had 14 other pics of ugly jewelry, clothes, and dishes. With this one pic and one off hand mention of Legos

image.jpeg

Edited by TigerEyez

3 hours ago, TigerEyez said:

For those of you who saw my other post, sorry for the repeat.  For those who didn't, I picked up a box at an "Estate Sale" (where the resident and her mother were very much alive) for $80. It has a complete Cafe Corner modular (was missing four small pieces) and what looks like a complete 5526 Skyline.  Massive thanks to @jgschmieg3 and @Alpinemaps for identifying the two sets from a pic last night with a part of one instruction page from the CC and a couple partially built sections of the skyline. 

Also from a CL post, I picked up a used, but supposedly complete Simpsons House for $100.  Haven't dug into it yet, I was a little distracted by the CC. 

I've seen so many posts with great finds and I've lost out on two online charity auctions lately, one with a Black Pearl and one with a UCS ISD and a UCS IST, so it felt good to get a win. 

I've  always said I'm in this to finance my Lego building/collecting habit, so I may offer the CC up for trades for a package of sets I want for my collection like the GBHQ, Sandcrawler, and UCS Red 5.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Enjoy my friend.  Glad I could help. 

CL Rhode Island lot all used and seem to be complete.

7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid

10174 UCS Imperial AT-ST

7675  AT-TE Walker

8039 Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser

5770 Lighthouse Island

All for $245. Most likely just sell off all but the 10174. That's going into the UCS collection.

• Like 2

Was in Target and saw a 21128 Village on the shelf, marked clearance at 139.98.  Obviously an online return.  But interestingly, when the cashier scanned it at checkout it came up with a "do not sell" and street date of 9/1.  Took 3 people to work it out but I was able to purchase it.  So I wonder if this "exclusive" will be showing up on Target shelves for Christmas.

• Like 1

10213-1 SHUTTLE ADVENTURE 
9493-1 X-WING STARFIGHTER 
10230-1 MINI MODULARS 
8129-1 AT-AT WALKER 
75827-1 FIREHOUSE HEADQUARTERS 
10215-1 OBI-WAN'S JEDI STARFIGHTER 
10226-1 SOPWITH CAMEL 
10227-1 B-WING STARFIGHTER 
10225-1 R2-D2 
10155-1 MAERSK LINE CONTAINER SHIP 
10219-1 MAERSK TRAIN 
10233-1 HORIZON EXPRESS 
71016-1 KWIK-E-MART 
71006-1 THE SIMPSONS HOUSE 
10240-1 RED FIVE X-WING STARFIGHTER 
3300003-1 LEGO Brand Retail Store 
7965-1 Millennium Falcon 
4504-1 Millennium Falcon 
9516-1 Jabba's Palace 
75005-1 Rancor Pit 
75095-1 Fighter 
8038-1 The Battle of Endor 
75060-1 Slave I
10188 - Death Star

$1950

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

Was in Target and saw a 21128 Village on the shelf, marked clearance at 139.98.  Obviously an online return.  But interestingly, when the cashier scanned it at checkout it came up with a "do not sell" and street date of 9/1.  Took 3 people to work it out but I was able to purchase it.  So I wonder if this "exclusive" will be showing up on Target shelves for Christmas.

i can't even find that set on target's website to buy it so i'm not sure how it could be an online return.  very weird but great deal for $140.

Guest TabbyBoy

As a follow up to my post of 22JUL, I'm returning the entire shipment to Argos due to shocking condition of the sets - the worst I have ever seen! I'll not be buying from them ever again regardless of deals and special offers.

Sorry, I couldn't find the "Which LEGO set did you NOT buy today" thread ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy