What Lego set did you buy today?

1 pteranodon capture for $9, arm swiped 6 SC museum sets for $5 each, 3 each deep sea scooters (3.50) and deep sea starters for $5, 1 rhino and spider man for $19, broke down for the two elves sets: marketplace and treetop hideaway for 30 and 25 respectively. All at WM. target was very slim pickings as there were no less than 5 workers resetting the entire toy section with new stuff. Left with only 3 senate commando troopers for 6.48 each.

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I want the tractor and tank, the boy wants the helicopter.

Well, if you can live without the minis, I think we need to talk...

Bought a London Bus promo on eBay.  Noticed it was a race to the bottom.  Found a BIN with OBO.  Got it for $20, and used the $5 in eBay Bucks that were expiring tomorrow.

Math worked out much better than buying $75 in non-exclusives without a discount.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Martae54 said:

Also got a London bus Promo for $20.. Better than spending $75 on a full price Lego order.

That's usually how I do it, especially if there is nothing I want to buy, although this time there are some nice new sets out....

I am not sure about this London Bus promo, I have no desire here for the London Bus :beerhat:

Edited by Deanfjr
  • Like 1

so, what exclusive under $160 do you think i should buy for the london bus

I'm personally on the fence to what to do. I use these "freebies" as extra reasons to buy stuff. Thinking of doing 3 separate orders. One Big Ben. 1. Spider-Man bridge and the new smaller stuff to hit over 75. It's all stuff I want. I would get 3 buses and if I sell them for 20-25 that's roughly 75 dollars toward my Initial purchase. Plus 5% back from VIP points.

When I sell the freebies/add the VIP points per purchase/credit card rewards. it's roughly 35% off the order.

Maybe I'm not doing it right but to have a new set and in sense get a discount (works for me)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Knightwing01 said:

so, what exclusive under $160 do you think i should buy for the london bus

For personal build, I was going to grab the VW Beetle.  If I was going more expensive, then I would have gone with the Brick Bank.  Investment-wise, I'd be trying to get as near $75 as possible for an exclusive, so I'd go with Minis, or Beetles or something else similar in price.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

For personal build, I was going to grab the VW Beetle.  If I was going more expensive, then I would have gone with the Brick Bank.  Investment-wise, I'd be trying to get as near $75 as possible for an exclusive, so I'd go with Minis, or Beetles or something else similar in price.

thanks, think i will do one beetle order and a brick bank order

• Like 1

I'm passing through "Buckwild" country today. Kmart has added some LEGO stuff to this clearance round. I'll add them in the KMart thread later.
Picked up all these for $180 out the door after coupons and 20% off clearance. They must have found some Mixels Series 2 in the back, picked up a dozen. They rang up $3.44 each.
979882380dfc8c347191e2cc7b077086_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, exciter1 said:

I'm passing through "Byckwild" country today. Kmart has added some LEGO stuff to this clearance round. I'll add them in the KMart thread later.
Picked up all these for $180 out the door after coupons and 20% off clearance. They must have found some Mixels Series 2 in the back, picked up a dozen. They rang up $3.44 each.

I think that you should have your own 'what did exciter find in the wildernerss today' topic. :)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I'm passing through "Buckwild" country today. Kmart has added some LEGO stuff to this clearance round. I'll add them in the KMart thread later.

X1 Charger!

• Like 1

We just ordered the new Ninjago: Airjitzu Battle Grounds. We had to toss on the last 2 Airjitzu Flyers we didn't have to make our set (they were on sale) so we made the $75 minimum for the dumb bus, on the bright side we cashed in $60.00 of VIP so everything with tax cost $16.93 hoping to sell the bus to cover it all....  

legoshop.png

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Apparently Gamestops are flooded with these. This guy was generous, 25 in one shot.

a7463ce1874cffe26b4802eff5149fd4_thumb.jpg

Just walked up and asked if they had any Lego promos to hand out without buying anything? Similar to the Silver Centurion/Iron Patriot polybag situation several months ago?

• Like 1