What Lego set did you buy today?

33 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Santa Fe Super Chief 10020 for $110.00

It's 100% complete with minfigures and instructions. no box

Is this a decent deal or not ? Hoping it is. Since I don't have this train in my collection.

Santa Fe Super Chief 10020.jpg

It appears not to be the limited edition of the set.  Sounds like a great deal!  

Current BL listing: Santa Fe Super Chief, NOT the Limited Edition, with '27' stickers applied, like new instructions, NO Box. Sold as incomplete because remaining stickers on sheet are not included.  $175.00

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Santa Fe Super Chief 10020 for $110.00

It's 100% complete with minfigures and instructions. no box

Is this a decent deal or not ? Hoping it is. Since I don't have this train in my collection.

Santa Fe Super Chief 10020.jpg

As @LegoWalker4 said, I think you did great with this set, at least for personal collection. I'd have grabbed it myself if I had the chance.

Just now, Phil B said:

As @LegoWalker4 said, I think you did great with this set, at least for personal collection. I'd have grabbed it myself if I had the chance.

7 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

It appears not to be the limited edition of the set.  Sounds like a great deal!  

Current BL listing: Santa Fe Super Chief, NOT the Limited Edition, with '27' stickers applied, like new instructions, NO Box. Sold as incomplete because remaining stickers on sheet are not included.  $175.00

Thank you for your input.... I didn't want to find out I over paid for the set.

• Like 1

Picked up 3 x 42025 (Technic Cargo Plane) for £50 each

My local smyths has had a stack of these sat on the shelves for months even though they were long since retired.  I've been keeping an eye on them most days waiting for the clearance price and it finally dropped this morning.

Biggest technic plane and with power functions.  I'm hoping this one's got legs now its finally disappearing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Picked up 3 x 42025 (Technic Cargo Plane) for £50 each

My local smyths has had a stack of these sat on the shelves for months even though they were long since retired.  I've been keeping an eye on them most days waiting for the clearance price and it finally dropped this morning.

Biggest technic plane and with power functions.  I'm hoping this one's got legs now its finally disappearing. 

Have't seen you on here in a while, hope all is well !! 

Nice score on the Cargo Plane, I love it when Smyths knock out their old stock at less than half price, not easy to come by but when you're lucky enough to stumble across some generally there is always a profit to be made. Ebay sold listings on this set seem to be doing pretty well, if you plan to flip you could potentially double your money.  :o)

14 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Have't seen you on here in a while, hope all is well !! 

Nice score on the Cargo Plane, I love it when Smyths knock out their old stock at less than half price, not easy to come by but when you're lucky enough to stumble across some generally there is always a profit to be made. Ebay sold listings on this set seem to be doing pretty well, if you plan to flip you could potentially double your money.  :o)

Cheers. I went on holiday to Rome which used up all my funds last month.

Back in the hunt now though. Yeah Smyths can be strange as they don't always advertise their clearance prices so they can be easily missed on listings but I'm starting to work out their patterns.  

13 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Cheers. I went on holiday to Rome which used up all my funds last month.

Back in the hunt now though. Yeah Smyths can be strange as they don't always advertise their clearance prices so they can be easily missed on listings but I'm starting to work out their patterns.  

Nice, no doubt you'll be building the Trevi Fountain next then if you haven't already !! ;o)

Did some Sears /Kmart magic today. (Thanx for the lessons guys) 

Snagged 2 $100 Sears GC Tuesday on eBay for $88 a piece. ($14 back in ebucks 8% promo)

bought 2 mystery mansions for $78.99 from Sears =Total $168 or $148ish real cost with GC discount. BUT purchase earned 30%, for a whopping $47 in points. Took $29.98 of those points to Kmart with $10 SURPISE points off $35, and grabbed 2 ghost rider sets(shipped free with no tax). Still have $17 left in points,$14 eBay bucks and $32 left on my GC..:mosking:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Snagged 2 $100 Sears GC Tuesday on eBay for $88 a piece. ($14 back in ebucks 8% promo)

bought 2 mystery mansions for $78.99 from Sears =Total $168 or $148ish real cost with GC discount. BUT purchase earned 30%, for a whopping $47 in points. Took $29.98 of those points to Kmart with $10 SURPISE points off $35, and grabbed 2 ghost rider sets(shipped free with no tax). Still have $17 left in points,$14 eBay bucks and $32 left on my GC..:mosking:

THAT's how we roll!

• Like 1

This also works on Ferris Wheel and GBHQ.
  • Like 1