What Lego set did you buy today?

CL: Used 76023 Batman Tumbler.  No box. $150

CL: 1980's/1990's Castle set collection - 6081  / 6074 (both bigger Sets) and 6034/6036 (both smaller sets).  6081 has box in ok condition. 6036 has box in very good condition.  All have instructions.  $200 total.  All have instructions for them and are complete. Already have buyer's remorse.  Did not have time to research these castle sets first.  Lesson learned.  Hope to break even by selling them as a lot and not individually.  Not all castles are made of gold. :(

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

CL: Used 76023 Batman Tumbler.  No box. $150

CL: 1980's/1990's Castle set collection - 6081  / 6074 (both bigger Sets) and 6034/6036 (both smaller sets).  6081 has box in ok condition. 6036 has box in very good condition.  All have instructions.  $200 total.  All have instructions for them and are complete. Already have buyer's remorse.  Did not have time to research these castle sets first.  Lesson learned.  Hope to break even by selling them as a lot and not individually.  Not all castles are made of gold. :(

Great purchases.  I love the used 76023 for $250.  If you haven't built it yet, get ready for some frustrating yet extremely fun experience.  The castles sets are all very cool.  I still own 6074 and 6080 from my childhood.

i would def recommend selling the castle sets individually.

note for those who haven't memorize set #s like me.

6081 - king's mountain fortress

6074 -black Falcon's fortress.

6034 and 6036 - black monarch's ghost and skeleton's surpise.

Where did you manage that?

11 minutes ago, jaylay said:

From my honey hole ...

60078 Utility Space Shuttle x2 = $15ea
60077 Space Starter x4 = $5ea
70735 Ronin REX x3 = $20ea
70605 Misfortunes Keep x2 = $25ea
60134 City Park People x10 = $18ea
75828 Ecto 1-2 x6 = $26.67ea
31058 Changing Seasons = $25
31052 RV = $30
75137 Carbon Freezing Chamber = $10
76058 Ghostrider x2 = $10ea
76059 Doc Ocks Trap = $15

From my honey hole ...

60078 Utility Space Shuttle x2 = $15ea
60077 Space Starter x4 = $5ea
70735 Ronin REX x3 = $20ea
70605 Misfortunes Keep x2 = $25ea
60134 City Park People x10 = $18ea
75828 Ecto 1-2 x6 = $26.67ea
31058 Changing Seasons = $25
31052 RV = $30
75137 Carbon Freezing Chamber = $10
76058 Ghostrider x2 = $10ea
76059 Doc Ocks Trap = $15

Wow there are some fantastic pickups in there. Who am I kidding....those all great. Even if only for my personal collection, there's a ton in there I'd grab. Amazed that some of those were 50% off already.

Where did you manage that?

Somewhere in paradise, man. Somewhere in paradise...

Picked up a bin over the weekend, approx 30 lbs, of lego from 89-93. It is mostly pirate, city and black tron II (never heard of this before) themed. There are no instructions but Ive been able to sleuth out at least a half a dozen or so sets from unique pieces. Included are 85+ minifigures and Ive only scratched the surface. Probably wind up with 110 ish or so once Ive gone through the whole lot. A cpl notables that I can remember are international airport, tron base, forbidden island, lagoon lock-up and Eldorado fortress.................:victory:

Oh and all for the low low price of $75 clams............ ;)

Edited by longshot
  • Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

10220 VW Camper (which I'll build) for £59.99 from John Lewis. Box was trashed and the manger gave me £20 off when I tested the water - I wasn't given points but, who cares?  I'm waiting for damaged Mini & F40 boxes now ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy
Typo

6 minutes ago, longshot said:

Picked up a bin over the weekend, approx 30 lbs, of lego from 89-93. It is mostly pirate, city and black tron II (never heard of this before) themed. There are no instructions but Ive been able to sleuth out at least a half a dozen or so sets from unique pieces. Included are 85+ minifigures and Ive only scratched the surface. Probably wind up with 110 ish or so once Ive gone through the whole lot. A cpl notables that I can remember are international airport, tron base, forbidden island, lagoon lock-up and Eldorado fortress.................:victory:

Oh and all for the low low price of $75 clams............ ;)

Got any pics?  I am huge collector from that era.  R U Looking to keep or flip this lot.

Great price BTW.  30lbs...highly focused era, no instructions, decent amount of figs...Wanna double your money for very little work?

Im going to flip it but it'll be more then double Im afraid. I just went through it quickly yesterday to get an idea of what might be in there. I did notice that who ever owned these prior liked to color the minifigures with marker/crayon for blood. Fortunately it comes right off with some soapy water.......... ;) I'll post some pics once I sort through it a bit more. Love all the old grey bricks and some of the extremely unique pieces Ive never seen before. There was a partial technic car that has working steering system and drive train. Only about 7-8" long. Still trying to figure out what set this one is.

Longshot,

As a hoarder of sets from that era I have lots of extra bits and pieces if you need to fill in some sets.

For a reason I cannot explain I have lots and lots of the pirates sets.  I keep buying them when they are the right price.  (10) 6285, (6) 6286, 1 NISB 6286, 4 6277, 5 6276, etc etc

I am missing only one ship Cross Bone Clipper.  PM me is you have any needs.

I also have a decent number of castle sets in that general era as well.

• Like 2

Wow, When it rains it pours............. Another killer find. 40 lb tote of mixed lego themes (Harry potter, SW, City, Indy etc.), including a ton of instructions. As well as 4 built and complete modular w/instructions...........Town Hall, Grand Emporium, Palace Cinema and Pet Shop. Total caost $400.............default_cool.gif

Pics?