What Lego set did you buy today?

2 minutes ago, emazers said:

Got 8 Mega Bloks Halo Pelican Air Base Sets, these were $180 when they came out, then Toys r us marked them down to $149.99, now they have a 25% sale on all Halo Mega Bloks. The Signature Series Halo sets are great sets for investing, The Ultra Dawn and the UNCS Mammoth go for good money when you get them cheap. I had 25 Mammoth and 10 Dawns, still have 8 Mammoth got them for $70 a few yrs ago. I got the 8 Pelican Air Bases today for $75-85 at 3 Toys R Us Stores with rewards and Gift cards, and I got another Porsche at the Lego Store for $250 using VIP Points, have 8 now, will shoot for 15 -20 and only buy at a Lego Store in Person.    Ed

2rfwk9k.jpg

51wx3c.jpg

Couldn't agree more. I snagged one for myself at that price. Btw I'll gladly take a mammoth and scarab. ;) 

my TRU order that got all messed up from Tuesday. They made it up to me today.(Only took half an hour on the phone. But I am actually very happy. They gave me an additional 15% off for their mess up. I bought this with the $50 GCs I got for $40 on EBay. So total for all this by my math is $64ish. I think. (I gave $80 for the 2 GCs and I have $15.99 left on one of them)

image.jpeg

Edited by Martae54
  • Like 3

On August 30, 2016 at 4:44 PM, jaxman said:

2x Indominous Rex

1x 75899 Speed Champions LaFerrari

1x 75910 Speed Champions Porsche 918 Spyder

Total Out of Pocket: $180.62 (TRU discounts and gift cards)

Thanks team!

So one of the IR's had some shipping damage and I returned it to a TRU store.  Somehow they gave me $115 in credit.  So I purchased some additional Speed Champion sets....

so for $160 in gift cards ($200 value) plus about $30 in cash I ended up with:

1x JW Indominous Rex

2x 75912 SC Porsche 911 GT Finish Line

1x 75908 SC Italia

1x 75909 SC McLaren

1x SC 75899 LaFerrari

1x SC Porsche 918 Spyder

Double Ghost resurrection this week (Amz + WM)!

Found one at my local WM in with Resistance X-Wings. About perfect box except two bits of gift wrap tape left on back. Never liked that method of wrapping (don't stick tape to my freaking present). Gift return from the past... :-)
Academic, but seals on this one 41R5, Amz was 04R5. (Edited)
0b7c2e8a9ac0d02bcdf02a376c50efe6.jpgdf838c88b8a9b2ea8e734f7163ec588a.jpg

• Like 3

new 10188 w/o the minifigs for $230 plus free ship since no boxes will be used.  unfort this means no inner boxes. bag sorting (unnumbered) even before element sorting should be 0% fun.

my son has all the minifgs (either old or new versions of each character) so it works in the long run. 

in the end w/ the mix of new and old minifigs it's like getting set 42673.5 (10188+75159 / 2).

My son's turn to do some shopping: He bought a Kylo Ren buildable and a Vacation Getaway in the downtown Chicago LEGO Store. He wanted the free Nexo Knights figure - but the promo turned out to start only tomorrow. After a seriously disappointed face and my suggestions to come back the next day, the assistant store manager gave him the free set, and a Nexo Knights Royal Guard, and an Apple polybag. Result: 1 happy kid.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

My son's turn to do some shopping: He bought a Kylo Ren buildable and a Vacation Getaway in the downtown Chicago LEGO Store. He wanted the free Nexo Knights figure - but the promo turned out to start only tomorrow. After a seriously disappointed face and my suggestions to come back the next day, the assistant store manager gave him the free set, and a Nexo Knights Royal Guard, and an Apple polybag. Result: 1 happy kid.

image.jpeg

Seriously though, welcome to Chi-Town :) 

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 6

Bought a surprisingly minty Sandcrawler from TRU for 20% off. Didn't see any on the shelf so asked the guy stacking the shelves and he went in the back and got me one that was probably supposed to be only put out once the recent promo finished. Just one more to get with in October with double vip points and the London bus and I will have hit my moderate quota

• Like 4