What Lego set did you buy today?

21 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'd be willing to pick up the Ninjago at $2.50, because they'd make great gifts.  One of my local Walmarts actually has the Macy's for $5.  They've been peg warmers for a couple of weeks.  No one seems to be biting even at $5, even in SoCal.

Yes.  I was thinking the same thing about giving them away as gifts.  I'll hold one to one of each for my own collection.

We had a bunch of Amazon reward points and some eBay bucks so these 2 recent purchases will make our (really my) favorite 'holiday' fun.  The GBHQ should look great next to the Scooby Van and MF Haunted House  

Now we just have to decide whether to use the Air-Blown Vamp Mickey Mouse or Kylo Ren for the lawn ornament. 

image.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jaisonline said:

We had a bunch of Amazon reward points and some eBay bucks so these 2 recent purchases will make our (really my) favorite 'holiday' fun.  The GBHQ should look great next to the Scooby Van and MF Haunted House  

Now we just have to decide whether to use the Air-Blown Vamp Mickey Mouse or Kylo Ren for the lawn ornament.      

Me too! Niko pulled through!

image.jpeg

• Like 7

It is not today, but on Friday. I went to Lego store at downtown Disneyland browsing anything good as usual. When I go in, I saw something unusual. So I get closer, brand new 10235 Winter Village Market on the bottom of the shelf and make 10% off. With no doubt, 2 of them coming home with me. What a surprise :) 

• Like 2

My wife, who is finally starting to see my Lego hobby as something more than a precursor to some type of hoarding disease, was impressed that I had already sold the Disney Castle and several of the freebies, ~$150 profit after fees, in less than 24 hours from purchase. So when I joked about there being one more Day of the Star Wars celebration, she kind of liked the idea.

So, after much deliberation, we went back. Scored well on all fronts except the TC-14s, which they were out of. But we made up for it.

Here's today's haul:
336ed5aad1e3711bac031ca55995afde.jpg7adc1e40070c419d65955acbf5852d42.jpg935873a9a11648d6cc0299fde90e4e03.jpgdf484a539a6f2b74101258b3e2cdd839.jpg

The TC-14s were the prize for a scavenger hunt, so I requested more A-wing pilots, which were the give always to annual pass members.

I noticed that the emoloyees has the A wing pilots on their badges, so I traded the three junk figs we brought for brand new Pilots (my son kept one). Then my wife had the brilliant idea to buy some cheap minifigs and trade them. So I bought a 4-pack of Nexo Knights for $13.50 (plus the other stuff to get the free general), kept the accessories and traded them for four more Pilots. I love that woman.

This time when we bought the castle the sales guy only gave us one general, so my wife stepped in, got the manager who was literally like 'how many do I have to give you to make you happy?' I said 3 my wife said 4, we left with 5.

Can your wife speak to mine?
  • Like 5

Managed to get my hands on a BNIB UCS BWing for £230. Was for my personal collection but tempted to hold on to it and flip it since my intention was always it good used versions for my personal collection but currently would struggle to find a good used one for much cheaper

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Managed to get my hands on a BNIB UCS BWing for £230. Was for my personal collection but tempted to hold on to it and flip it since my intention was always it good used versions for my personal collection but currently would struggle to find a good used one for much cheaper

Damn, I've not been able to find even a used one for much under 300 recently.

Damn, I've not been able to find even a used one for much under 300 recently.

I only got it because I was overseas and was browsing when it was the middle of night in uk otherwise it would've been snapped up this morning. It's a Collector who is getting out which seems to be a regular occurrence now. Spoken to a number of people recently who are doing the same thing. Think Death Star remake was the final straw
  • Like 1

I only got it because I was overseas and was browsing when it was the middle of night in uk otherwise it would've been snapped up this morning. It's a Collector who is getting out which seems to be a regular occurrence now. Spoken to a number of people recently who are doing the same thing. Think Death Star remake was the final straw

Yes. I'm hoping for a lot of opportunity because of that.
  • Like 2