What Lego set did you buy today?

8 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

My $227 UCS Sandcrawler from Niko arrived today, bubble wrapped but bubble wrap taped to the box :( 

Were you able to remove it without damage? edit-Yup...just saw the damage :( Just ordered something this morning from them, so not looking forward to tape.

Edited by legoboy16

17 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

BUILD IT!

No freaken way.....I don't get high on my own supply. 

At $227 even with not exactly perfect box, I still see it as a $100 discount, if I open it, I'll see it as a total loss....even though I'd eventually sell it as used....either way, I'm just a plain o' cheapskate ;) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm bad and constantly high.  We're about to crack open a 10228 - Haunted House.

1. From an investor point of view: No soup for you!!!

2. From a family point of view: you're the man!!!!

....and yea, the second one matters more.

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 8

@ kmart "price drop"  + $10 off $75 + $5 in surprise points 

changing seasons - $31.50

Corner Deli- $29.50

reys speeder- $12.94

reys speeder - 10.69

And to really sweeten the deal i got $22 back in "bonus points" which was part of a 30% back in points on a toy purchase promotion at my local store. Ill be using those to buy another changing seasons for $13, which i just might be able to justify building myself at that price.

• Like 1

I stopped by the lone Kmart in my county. Addition 40% off toys, but the only Lego's on clearance were marked $1-2 off retail. Still, I picked up a couples of Bionicle and the Elves castle for my daughter who was super excited.
My wife got a new "study" table and bench. Good price turned great when I busted out all CoUpons.
I ended up with over 28,000 points after the purchase. Told my wife I'm using them all for Lego =)

• Like 2

4x Minecraft Snow Hideouts from TRU.  

Price to begin with was 28% off (28.99 - msrp 39.99)

With the bogo40%, a $20 reward certificate, and 15% off Gift card, came out to $67.15 out of pocket for all 4 shipped with tax ($16.78 each or 59% off). 

Hopefully some (or how about even one)  of these sub $100 MC sets retire soon.

Edited by cladner

On September 5, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Lordoflego said:

My $227 UCS Sandcrawler from Niko arrived today, bubble wrapped but bubble wrap taped to the box :( 

happy with the price, little disappointed in box condition since I'm a box-queen...

image.jpg

Had similar issue with same seller on heavily discounted Jokerland. Corners of box were busted up.  Drop shipped from Amazon.  

9 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

What was the price tag on the Pirates set? I want to compare to my Kmart.

Pirates was actually a bit more expensive. $21.99 on clearance for $20.80 -40% ---> $12.48 - SYW ~$11.50

7 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Blue light special - 40% off clearance at Kmart - $10 per $75

Where did you find the $10 of $75 coupon?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Pirates was actually a bit more expensive. $21.99 on clearance for $20.80 -40% ---> $12.48 - SYW ~$11.50

Where did you find the $10 of $75 coupon?

I thought you knew this?  We've posted about it many times. The link is in the main post on the DD and KMart SYWR threads, and I just posted about it on Sunday???  Other coupons here are useful too.  I'm able to open a new window for a new coupon and break up the transactions.

Sorry you got the dreaded "We posted this many times" message.

http://shc.cpn2c.co/RecomService/web/bE3R

I tried to use $5 off $35 coupon but register lady said it didn't work because of the Lego were clearance. Is there a way to get around that?

Never had an issue with any coupon used with clearance. Did they scan it, or just tell you this without trying?

I used a $5 off $35 to get an Emmet's Mech down to $31.60 today.

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I thought you knew this?  We've posted about it many times. The link is in the main post on the DD and KMart SYWR threads, and I just posted about it on Sunday???  Other coupons here are useful too.  I'm able to open a new window for a new coupon and break up the transactions.

Sorry you got the dreaded "We posted this many times" message.

http://shc.cpn2c.co/RecomService/web/bE3R

Whoops. I guess I missed that one lol. Will it stack with SYW points?