What Lego set did you buy today?

49 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Nice discounts on newish sets... nothing like that around here. 

I was very surprised too, however, only one of the WMs had the new SW sets marked down and they had gone straight to 50% or 70%. Many had not been moved to the clearance area and were still in the Lego aisle. They only survived because the price tags weren't changed. Checking the app frequently for price changes has helped but, WM clearance has slowed down....Fingers crossed more follow their lead soon.

2 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Nice! Where?

A small local retail store that still had this big set for some reason and did not see the value :D Box still in mint condition because it did not go through a lot of hands probably. I would not have paid RRP for this one though, even to this day. It's a bulky set that offers little by itself.

Just made two CL deals. One for a GBHQ (the set I want the most right now for my collection) sealed for $300 and a Technic Heavy Lift (open), 24 Hour (sealed), 911GT3 (sealed), and F40 (open) for an amount I won't divulge yet, because I can't pick up til Monday and I don't want one of you vultures sweeping in. 

Just made two CL deals. One for a GBHQ (the set I want the most right now for my collection) sealed for $300 and a Technic Heavy Lift (open), 24 Hour (sealed), 911GT3 (sealed), and F40 (open) for an amount I won't divulge yet, because I can't pick up til Monday and I don't want one of you vultures sweeping in. 

Finds Craigslist ad, emails seller, tells them I will offer $50 more than you current buyer. /s

You shouldn't jinx yourself. Wait until it's in hand to post what you've bought on a CL deal.
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Finds Craigslist ad, emails seller, tells them I will offer $50 more than you current buyer. /s

You shouldn't jinx yourself. Wait until it's in hand to post what you've bought on a CL deal.

Yup, somebody beat me 2 days ago to ucs x-wing 7191 locally for $50, yea, $50!!!

Edited by Lordoflego

Monster Fighter Haunted House(a few bags open the rest sealed/complete) + Vampire Hearse(loose complete) for $275

2x Scooby Doo Mansions for $18 & change - thanks to kmart/SYW

10X Chima dimensions fun packs $1.79 each - on clearance/cartwheel

Lotr/Lego movie fun packs for 3.79 each

4X Lotr Gollum fun packs $2.49 each - on clearance/cartwheel

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

That would suck, but if that's how the seller rolls, so be it. I did pick up the GBHQ. Minty.  A couple months ago the same dude sold me a new, open Tumbler, smooshed GE, minty Quinjet and Avengers tower for $400 total. Got $300 for the Tumbler a couple weeks later and am holding the others. 

Also found a Banana man, I think, at Target. 

Just went out quickly and picked up a Friends lot for $80 off a local FB Virtual Yardsale. Going through it now so I can flip it....

99% complete and clean

3185 Summer Riding Camp

3061 City Park Cafe

3315 Olivia's House

41008 Heartlake City Pool

41003 Olivia's Newborn Foal

41010 Olivia's Beach Buggy

41002 Emma's Karate Class

Friends Advent(not sure which yet)

Plus a gallon bag of mixed Friends Lego parts

Edited by MarleyMoose

I bought 2x MC Snow Hideout ($28.99 each) and 2x Speed Champions ($17.99 each, yes, $3 TRU tax over the $14.99 MSRP) at TRU.com.

Both activated the BOGO40% promo - total came to $75.16. SAVEMORE then took 20% off, for a total of $60+tax.

Final price on MC set was $18.55+tax (54% off), Speed Champions came down to $11.50 each (23% off) - cars are for personal build.

Posting this here as it is a good combo to get just over the $75 threshold for the 20% off SAVEMORE promo.

• Like 1

Grabbed a used/complete (almost save 1 minifig) with instructions (but no box) Palace Cinema. This is our first modular and it was as dusty as if he was selling me dust with a side of legos but my son and I cleaned that stuff lickity split! I have never bathed legos before but I tossed them in a collander in a big pot w/soap, used a salad spinner after rinsing them and then put them on a white towel under a fan in the sun. Washed/Dried all 2200 pcs in less than an hour. All for $85 + an hour of my time (including deconstruction). We're almost done w/the first floor and it's great...I only have one other one that's NISB so NISB it stays. :) 

• Like 3

On August 27, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Alpinemaps said:

So I didn't get scooped, whew. Picked them up today: Porsche 911 GT3RS (the main box was open, but doesn't look like the 5 inner boxes were even touched), 24-Hour LeMans (box opened, bags sealed), used Ferrari F-40 (complete w/ box & extra pieces), and used Technic Heavy Helo (complete w/ box and extras).  $375. I'll definitely keep the F-40 to go with VW's and Mini. I'll definitely move the Helo on.  I'll probably build, then sell the 24.  The 911 is the hard choice, I could sell it easily and quickly for $300 as-is, sell the Helo for $75 and break even with a "free" F-40 and anything I got on the 24 would be profit, but man I want to build that bad boy.  I was amazed at how big it was when I saw it at the Lego Store, thought it would be slightly bigger than the Creator cars. That massive manual is currently calling my name from the table 3 feet away. 

Thoughts?

image.jpeg

Edited by TigerEyez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerEyez said:

So I didn't get scooped, whew. Picked them up today: Porsche 911 GT3RS (the main box was open, but doesn't look like the 5 inner boxes were even touched), 24-Hour LeMans (box opened, bags sealed), used Ferrari F-40 (complete w/ box & extra pieces), and used Technic Heavy Helo (complete w/ box and extras).  $375. I'll definitely keep the F-40 to go with VW's and Mini. I'll definitely move the Helo on.  I'll probably build, then sell the 24.  The 911 is the hard choice, I could sell it easily and quickly for $300 as-is, sell the Helo for $75 and break even with a "free" F-40 and anything I got on the 24 would be profit, but man I want to build that bad boy.  I was amazed at how big it was when I saw it at the Lego Store, thought it would be slightly bigger than the Creator cars. That massive manual is currently calling my name from the table 3 feet away. 

Thoughts?

image.jpeg

For those four sets at that price I would keep them all. You're going to want that Porsche for your personal collection at some point..... If you think about it that way, that's like $75 for the other three sets. They will make a great looking display. 

Besides, you already told us you want the F40 to go with your other creator cars. You're literally out no money to keep the 24 hour race car and cargo helo.