What Lego set did you buy today?

2 hours ago, MinifigW said:

How did you manage that? Clearance?

yes, Tesco in my city, but I've been to the store x-times last several months and found no good deals (max 30% off), last evening I couldnt believe I saw 5 these boxes on the shelf (last time I saw 75040 in that store was in spring) without price tag, so I took one and used a price checker and when I saw 8$ I grabed them all. Just when employee was coming with the new price tag and was surprised they were all gone. She told me Tesco was moving this stuff which need to be sold around their stores so hopefully there is a chance for some other haul in the future

TRUTH

2 x 76057 - SH: Spidey Bridge Battle - $65 each after 20% and 15% coupons, TRUTH, and 12% off gift card

1 x 60069 - City: Swamp Police Station - $35.12 after manager markdown to $49.90, TRUTH, $5 of a $10 off $75 coupon, and 12% off gift card

1 x 70594 - Ninjago: The Lighthouse Siege - $27.20 after manager markdown to $39.90, TRUTH, $5 of a $10 off $75 coupon, and 12% off gift card

23 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

TRUTH

2 x 76057 - SH: Spidey Bridge Battle - $65 each after 20% and 15% coupons, TRUTH, and 12% off gift card

Is that after 20% and 15% coupon respectively, or stacked?  I'm soooo hoping for the stacking of coupons again this year at some point.

Edited by Loghamel

Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters, $289 from Amazon Warehouse Deals + Prime card discount. Delivered today, and I just finished an inventory of the bags and parts (box was really banged up on the top and taped shut). Looks like it's all there, and everything is still sealed with lots of minifig parts floating around. I think it's complete!

This one is for me to build- pretty sure I know what I'm doing this weekend! 

Edited by scrappyJedi
  • Like 4

Please tell me this was a good deal @ $ 112.10 shipped from ebay ??? All used items.....

I just know my wife is going to be pissed at me for buying more LEGO. And I need to know It is worth the chewing I will get when she finds out ....LOL

train1.jpgtrain2.jpgtrain3.jpgtrain4.jpg

Edited by Fleck

9 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Please tell me this was a good deal @ $ 112.10 shipped from ebay ??? All used items.....

In my books it is. Nice collection. Great vintage trains. The My Own Train cars go for at least $30 each, the hopper even more. The BNSF engine has a 9V train motor so that's nice too, plus the missing cab is in the last picture. 9V track pieces are seeing good demand as well.

I would have bought it absolutely, to add to my train collection. I'm not sure on resell value but there is probably $200 worth of trains there (educated guess).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

In my books it is. Nice collection. Great vintage trains. The My Own Train cars go for at least $30 each, the hopper even more. The BNSF engine has a 9V train motor so that's nice too, plus the missing cab is in the last picture. 9V track pieces are seeing good demand as well.

I would have bought it absolutely, to add to my train collection. I'm not sure on resell value but there is probably $200 worth of trains there (educated guess).

Thanks Phil..... It looked to be a good deal, but i have only been back into this hobby for a little over 3 years....and find so may retired sets I want, but they are so expensive now.

1 hour ago, Fleck said:

I just know my wife is going to be pissed at me for buying more LEGO. And I need to know It is worth the chewing I will get when she finds out ....LOL

What is the red,white, and blue striped Gray passenger car ?? Set? or what is it called ?? part # ??   Thank you in advance for answers =)

14 minutes ago, Fleck said:

What is the red,white, and blue striped Gray passenger car ?? Set? or what is it called ?? part # ??   Thank you in advance for answers =)

It's 10002 Railroad Club Car, and it fits with the 10001 Metroliner set.

EDIT: And used (likely with box and instructions, but check it out yourself) that car alone goes for $150200 on BL, but it's rarely sold.

UPDATE: There's one listed on EBay in a BIN for $100+shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/252481308534?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=252481308534&rmvSB=true

Edited by Phil B

And the engine is http://brickset.com/sets/10133-1/Burlington-Northern-Santa-Fe - Seems to sell for $150-$200 (but again, limited sales), and yours has the 9V train motor installed which did not come in the original set. Based on those two alone I think you did better than I originally guessed. The blue logging car is missing quite a few pieces though, especially all the bars. You'd need to verify all the others are complete as well.

Edited by Phil B

3 hours ago, Fleck said:

Great deal, especially if you're into trains. 

• Like 1

Bought some Dimensions level packs.  3x Simpsons and 1x Dr. Who.  Used rewards and gcu from best buy to get average cost for each down to $8.92.   I'm curious to see if these packs disappear as future waves arrive, and what happens to their resale value.

The caboose, passenger car, and engine for the "my own train" set looks complete or near complete, based on the set I recently sold, and the engine stickers appear to be in good condition.  These don't sell often but you could get your money back just from selling these.

Thank you all.... I plan on keeping all the pieces since I don't have any of them. But the fact that when these items do sell... They sell for a lot more than I paid makes me happy to add them to my personal collection for a great deal =)

I did bought the pirate chess set, but not for resale.  I will admit I was not impressed when I saw it online, but the playability of this set is incredible and is what Lego is all about.  My kids plan use it as battle set for Super Heroes vs. Star Wars, etc.    The way is disassembles for easy storage is an added bonus.  Got it for $40 and comes with 20 pirate minifigs.

DSC08258.jpg

• Like 2