What Lego set did you buy today?

Man I thought TRU eBay was bad..I suggest using GCs IN store.. Have nothing to show for my $80 and both GC show no balance.. Good times.. TRU.. Good times... CS agents are baffled as to why order was canceled yet offer nothing .. "Your cards will be reloaded in 48 hours"

1 minute ago, Martae54 said:

Man I thought TRU eBay was bad..I suggest using GCs IN store.. Have nothing to show for my $80 and both GC show no balance.. Good times.. TRU.. Good times... CS agents are baffled as to why order was canceled yet offer nothing .. "Your cards will be reloaded in 48 hours"

yeah, it is horrible. sometimes it takes months to get your balance back. i save rewards and gc for in store use only.

56 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Haha! I picked up the exact same Speed Champions sets on my first try, but then cancelled and exchanged the LaFerrari for the 458, because I didn't like the fact that after SAVEMORE and BOGO40% I was still paying more than the $14.99 MSRP for the set (ok, if I had evened out the BOGO40% it would have been a slight discount), given that TRU's markup makes the set $19.99. Went for 458 because it has the less insane marked up price of $17.99, and together with my Minecraft sets it got me to $75.16 total to qualify for 20% off :)

I was just going to get two Spyders but couldn't resist the Ferrari. 

15 hours ago, Martae54 said:

Here is fun true story. Buy TRU GC off eBay ..order from TRU stacking 20% off with 20%.. Well 3 hours I get a cancelation saying my shipping address does not match PayPal digital gifts.  SERIOUSLY!!?

15 hours ago, Martae54 said:

The Pain!

Probably not a solution to this scenario specifically since who knows what happened (I purchased TRU GCs last night and used them within an hour too), but I diligently check each GC against the sellers balance webpage before using. Applicable to the concern some had with Gift card server off line a few days ago and couldn't get GC info from emailed purchases. I load every GC email purchase link as soon as I get them. Copy original link, GC #, PIN, and balance to text doc. Then copy and past those numbers into retailers GC balance checker web page to verify both valid balance and that I got the correct numbers from link. That list is then available to me wherever, whether online or instore on my phone. 

My 2Cents. Maybe obvious, maybe a do'h, maybe helpful to someone.

Raise has a page with most retailers GC balance check links: https://www.raise.com/gift-card-balance

Also direct links to eBay and TRU

• Like 1

Got a 41008 Friends Heartlake City Pool mint in sealed box off of Craigslist today for $25. 38R4 seal codes. Hoping to sell for >$70 over the holidays, it's already at $50+ on Ebay and $70+ on Amazon. If not, I'm sure my daughter will like this set, especially since Isabella is only in this set.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Got a 41008 Friends Heartlake City Pool mint in sealed box off of Craigslist today for $25. 38R4 seal codes. Hoping to sell for >$70 over the holidays, it's already at $50+ on Ebay and $70+ on Amazon. If not, I'm sure my daughter will like this set, especially since Isabella is only in this set.

That was my oldest daughter's first Lego set.  She loved it.  Good pick up.

Edited by jaxman
  • Like 1

24 sets (plus part of one more) for $100 off Craigslist. Some duds but some nice ones, especially the Star Wars sets. Will keep a few and sell the rest. Happy to break even after keeping some but think I'll do better than that. Craigslist is very competitive here, got lucky and found it right after posting! The nice woman said she was about to just throw them all away! I'm pretty sure she saw me cringe...d0091d4d9401cc984bfa3bb4814fc73c.jpg

• Like 1

Minty Tumbler 29R5 from Amazon arrived yesterday and this arrived from Amazon today all from Hebron.  The Ninjago are 13R4. 

image.jpeg

Sorry, what is Hebron?
Known Amazon distribution center?

Is that a Target security sticker?

My SW Amazon resurrections (2xT-16, 2xPhantom & 1xGhost) came today too and we're all clean with mint boxes.

5 minutes ago, Cozei said:

Sorry, what is Hebron?
Known Amazon distribution center?

Is that a Target security sticker?

My SW Amazon resurrections (2xT-16, 2xPhantom & 1xGhost) came today too and we're all clean with mint boxes.

Hebron has 2 Amazon centers, a fulfillment and a return.  Coincidentally Target has distribution center / return center there as well.  Genco also shares one of the Amazon return centers there and also ships and sells from that same facility.

Amazon also used to run Targets sales and Genco has scanned for both of them.

Maybe they are all getting back together...

• Like 1

Got 8 Mega Bloks Halo Pelican Air Base Sets, these were $180 when they came out, then Toys r us marked them down to $149.99, now they have a 25% sale on all Halo Mega Bloks. The Signature Series Halo sets are great sets for investing, The Ultra Dawn and the UNCS Mammoth go for good money when you get them cheap. I had 25 Mammoth and 10 Dawns, still have 8 Mammoth got them for $70 a few yrs ago. I got the 8 Pelican Air Bases today for $75-85 at 3 Toys R Us Stores with rewards and Gift cards, and I got another Porsche at the Lego Store for $250 using VIP Points, have 8 now, will shoot for 15 -20 and only buy at a Lego Store in Person.    Ed

2rfwk9k.jpg

51wx3c.jpg