What Lego set did you buy today?

Minecraft The Farm - $16.79 on sale at target before red card with tax-free NH store pickup x3 ordered  - had a $5 off $50 emailed code from putting something in my cart a couple of days ago which got it down to $45.37 for 3  before using the red card go get it down to $43.10  14.36 each  (53% off msrp).   this set should be going EOL soon.  OOS at amazon except for 3rd party and OOS for shipping at target.  pretty much wiped out of stock at targets around me as well.  walmart and TRU still have plenty i'm sure.  i have been drinking the minecraft koolaid heavily at the 50% off mark.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Got these this past week ...

31036 Toy & Grocery Shop $20

31050 Corner Deli $20

31052 x2 Vacation Getaways $35ea

75828 x2 Ecto 1 & 2 $25 ea

75125-75130 Series 3 SW MF set $24ea set

75137 x2 Carbon Freezing Chamber $12ea

75132 x2 FO Battle Pack $6ea

75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack $5

75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack $5

75131 Resistance Trooper Battle Pack $6

4 minutes ago, jaylay said:

Got these this past week ...

31036 Toy & Grocery Shop $20

31050 Corner Deli $20

31052 x2 Vacation Getaways $35ea

75828 x2 Ecto 1 & 2 $25 ea

75125-75130 Series 3 SW MF set $24ea set

75137 x2 Carbon Freezing Chamber $12ea

75132 x2 FO Battle Pack $6ea

75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack $5

75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack $5

75131 Resistance Trooper Battle Pack $6

And I felt bad because of your limited schopping options/deals on the island....

Edited by Lordoflego

Guest TabbyBoy

Multiples of the following using separate orders from Asda/George thanks to £10 off £50+ and £20 off £100+ offers:

Deep Sea Vessels at £38.33 each (I bought the last ones - sorry!)

Poe's X-wing at £40.97 each

Scooby Doo Mystery Machines's at £20 each

Airport Terminals at £49.97 each

If Dr Who is restocked while the offer is still on, they're next!

I popped into my local Walmart on Friday to check and see if the last of their clearance had been reduced further, it hadn't, but the manager told me to come back Saturday morning and they could mark them down further.
I came back and found her in the clearance isle marking stuff down. I got some good deals.

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 6.08.26 PM.png

x1 titanium dragon $19.00 --> $12.00 (Was: $39.99)

x2 Pop Star Stage $25.00 --> $15.00 (Was: $39.99)

x2 Nexo Knights   $7.00 --> $5.00 --> $3.00 (I told them I couldn't do $5, so they marked them down more lol) (Was: $9.99)

x1 MB Anti Aircraft Gun $9.00 --> $5.00 (Was: $19.99)

That seems to be the last hurrah for WM clearance this year. She said that they are mandated to take down remaining clearance sections next week.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Technic Claas tractor £80

3 x Imperial Assault Carrier £62.50 each

Kylo rens imperial shuttle £62.50

2 x mystery mansion £45.00 each

Buckingham Palace £35

All from Tesco Direct with discount codes. 

Tractor and palace are for personal builds. 

I know everyone here says buy buy buy star wars at discount, but i just feel the Imperial Assault Carrier and the FO snowspeeder are complete duds and once retired will struggle to sell for RRP.

11 hours ago, Ciglione said:

To me... the only potential winner in the TFA sets is the MF. The rest does not attract me in any way. 

For me that's the one set I refuse to touch.

People are sat on absolute stacks of them, constantly discounted and probably the only first wave TFA set that won't retire at year end. When it does retire you've probably got a maximum of two years before re-release in which you've got to hope the horde isn't a bunch of undercutters who keep the price low.

As Exciter1 says at decent discounts the risk is reduced.  If unpopular sets only get back to RRP I'm not losing money, if they don't stay at rrp there's still part out value. 

There is method in my madness but it'll be a few years before I know how my alternate strategy works out.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

For me that's the one set I refuse to touch.

People are sat on absolute stacks of them, constantly discounted and probably the only first wave TFA set that won't retire at year end. When it does retire you've probably got a maximum of two years before re-release in which you've got to hope the horde isn't a bunch of undercutters who keep the price low.

As Exciter1 says at decent discounts the risk is reduced.  If unpopular sets only get back to RRP I'm not losing money, if they don't stay at rrp there's still part out value. 

There is method in my madness but it'll be a few years before I know how my alternate strategy works out.

that's how my BL store keeps growing without actual sales....  

• Like 2

that's how my BL store keeps growing without actual sales....  

Lol. Mine too. I'm chilling on the part-out shopping. A set is only valuable, if you can actually sell those parts.

I picked up a TIE advanced for free after discounts and accumulated SYW bucks. Didn't have one. Haven't seen them 50% off yet, and everyone seems to hate it. I think it'll do well.
  • Like 1