What Lego set did you buy today?

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

Better get them quick if your going to make the trip! i cleared out the 3 on 29th and cicero today, going out for the rest tomorrow. 

other sets marked down to 50% off there were 

31039 creator power jet 

41073  elves nadias adventure ship

41075 elves treetop hideaway 

i passed on those 3 cause my inventory is starting to burst at the seams. mostly looking for licensed themes or more popular creator or city sets

Address:
8560 S Cottage Grove Ave, Chicago, IL 60619-6116

is that the one you cleared out? It was showing earlier in BP target inventory tracker but no more, too far (or too long of a ride) for me anyway...

now streamwood is showing few at that low price, that's little more convenient for me...

Edited by Lordoflego

4 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Address:
8560 S Cottage Grove Ave, Chicago, IL 60619-6116

is that the one you cleared out? It was showing earlier in BP target inventory tracker but no more, too far (or too long of a ride) for me anyway...

now streamwood is showing few at that low price, that's little more convenient for me...

No. Earlier i saw them supposedly at that location, another one on a street called marshfield, and the one i went to on cicero. i only went to the one on cicero and 29th 

Edited by Jeffrey_Dollars

Guest TabbyBoy

Argos... Already discounted sets along with 3-for-2:

42x 75871 Mustang GT (I think the Yanks will be all over this post EOL)

36x 75872 Audi e-tron

81x 75111 Darth Vader (Plastic gold after EOL - just like the large Batman, Captain America & Iron Man figures)

30x 75101 Tie Fighter (Not sure but, worth a punt)

"I dare not say on here" amount of 42055 Technic Bucket Wheel Loader which means a lot QFLLing next month! (I'm borrowing a farmer friend's 40ft container!)

My biggest ever single-day purchase!

Edited by TabbyBoy

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Argos... Already discounted sets along with 3-for-2:

42x 75871 Mustang GT (I think the Yanks will be all over this post EOL)

36x 75872 Audi e-tron

81x 75111 Darth Vader (Plastic gold after EOL - just like the large Batman, Captain America & Iron Man figures)

30x 75101 Tie Fighter (Not sure but, worth a punt)

"I dare not say on here" amount of 42055 Technic Bucket Wheel Loader which means a lot QFLLing next month! (I'm borrowing a farmer friend's 40ft container!)

My biggest ever single-day purchase!

I hope you did click and collect, Would love too see the look on everyone's face when you carry all that back to your truck!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I hope you did click and collect, Would love too see the look on everyone's face when you carry all that back to your truck!

No as there wasn't enough stock in my local branches so I chose delivery, which is also free during this promotion. Anything covered in stickers or bashed up will get returned but, my last big order was in factory boxes ;-)

I'll get some odd looks from the neighbours when the pallets turn up... yes, my last big load was on 3 pallets!

23 minutes ago, kris_1973 said:

I really need to find a mentor like you to study under - NEVER find deals like that near me. Great job... again! :)

Deals like that don't crop up everywhere. Everything gets purchased at 30-40% off around here... if we're lucky for it to go even that low. 

• Like 1

Been all over the argos 342, picked up the usual SW suspects.  But I’ve been trying to get hold of some Batboat Pursuit – 76034 for a while, so most pleased about this one.  

Standing discount to £22.99 each. 342 £45.98. £5 voucher from the previous buy. 5% discount giftcard. £38.93 or £12.98 each. Also with being a low cost set, most stores have stock.  See how many i get before the weekends over.  

11 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Death Star Final Duel for 59.00 and Attack on Avengers Tower for 41.98.  Saw Imperial Shuttle Tydirium at Kmart for 79.99.  Time for another trip to get that one.  Can’t seem to find Scooby-Doo sets anywhere.

You can also use the $10 off $75 coupon found on the mobile coupon link in the main post of the Daily Deals.

http://shc.cpn2c.co/RecomService/web/bE3R

• Like 1

Got fed up waiting for Target to drop clearance prices while seeing all the good sets disappear... made my own deal on a damaged box Haunted Lighthouse using a $5 discounted TP gift card and 10% off for box damage - $28 after tax. Was the last one in a 40 mile radius ...

• Like 2

For those of you who saw my other post, sorry for the repeat.  For those who didn't, I picked up a box at an "Estate Sale" (where the resident and her mother were very much alive) for $80. It has a complete Cafe Corner modular (was missing four small pieces) and what looks like a complete 5526 Skyline.  Massive thanks to @jgschmieg3 and @Alpinemaps for identifying the two sets from a pic last night with a part of one instruction page from the CC and a couple partially built sections of the skyline. 

Also from a CL post, I picked up a used, but supposedly complete Simpsons House for $100.  Haven't dug into it yet, I was a little distracted by the CC. 

I've seen so many posts with great finds and I've lost out on two online charity auctions lately, one with a Black Pearl and one with a UCS ISD and a UCS IST, so it felt good to get a win. 

I've  always said I'm in this to finance my Lego building/collecting habit, so I may offer the CC up for trades for a package of sets I want for my collection like the GBHQ, Sandcrawler, and UCS Red 5.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4