What Lego set did you buy today?

I popped into Wal-Mart where I've been watching some older sets for discounts. They have an entire 2-sided isle of legos marked down and an additional 50% off the marked price. I spent $2000, but scored 10 Lego 9398 for $45 each; 3 Millenium Falcons for $32 each; SW Jek 14 $15 each; and 5 Goblin Attack Sets for $22 each. I also grabbed a bunch of smaller sets for kid's Christmas gifts. I broke the bank, but I'm set for Christmas selling. The only set I left behind was TMNT Shell Raiser. I figure if they have to discount them when the new movie just came out than TMNT must be a loser. Now I have to bust the blow dryer to pull off the clearance stickers without damaging the sets.

Phenomenal haul, congrats!

• Like 1

I popped into Wal-Mart where I've been watching some older sets for discounts. They have an entire 2-sided isle of legos marked down and an additional 50% off the marked price. I spent $2000, but scored 10 Lego 9398 for $45 each; 3 Millenium Falcons for $32 each; SW Jek 14 $15 each; and 5 Goblin Attack Sets for $22 each. I also grabbed a bunch of smaller sets for kid's Christmas gifts. I broke the bank, but I'm set for Christmas selling. The only set I left behind was TMNT Shell Raiser. I figure if they have to discount them when the new movie just came out than TMNT must be a loser. Now I have to bust the blow dryer to pull off the clearance stickers without damaging the sets.

Wow! Awesome! Nice haul!

While returning some shipping damaged random city truck sets to Toys R Us (60016 and 60018) I came across an in store clearance on one of them. So I got the price change refunded to me. It's 60018 Cement Mixer. I got 3 for $11.98 when originally priced $21.99 online. I ordered 4 more (max per order) tonight online so I can get the price lowered again. Even better is I bought them using Gift Cards I bought at 20% off. I think I'm finally figuring out how to use random deals to my advantage. :-) Both sets are now retired BTW and it seems only TRU has them now for purchase.

I got this deal on EBAY last friday but did not want to post until I actually received them. I tought it was to good to be true.

It was on the toysrus canada ebay page. The deal lasted like 5 minutes and it was all gone (well five minutes after I got there)

I managed to get 5 Fire Transporter (4430) at 11.50$ CAN shipped and tax included.

Pretty sweet deal but tought they might cancel the order.

But they got here today :) 

Will be an easy flip for christmas at around 55$ a piece around here. 

Should I hold to one or two? Its retired and its kind of a unique fire set.

post-41514-0-03945200-1409154091_thumb.j

• Like 3

I picked up a used 9748 Mindstorms Droid Developer Kit last night for 42.50 (shipping included) on eBay. Since it's open, I'm going to try it out but I first have to find a computer around the house with an OS old enough to be able to run the software that came with it. Pretty sure I have an old XP unit around here somewhere...

After a 500km trip and 5 shops visited I only found (MSRP)

1x WV 10216 bakery

1x ninjago 9446 destiny's bounty

1x city 3368 space centre

Disappointed I am. At least it will pay the fuel used.

Well... at least you found something. 3368 Space Centre at MSRP is not bad at all in my book.

Finding nothing would be really annoying and unsatisfactory.