What Lego set did you buy today?

I'm in so much trouble... "My" Mini arrived today and "my" MKII 42009 is on the delivery truck. At least the kids love cranes... yeah, that's it - it's for the kids! (until I decide they have too many toys and I take it away from them and resell it)

that last one is for those who've read the Fire Brigade thread

A couple of smaller sets on Amazon UK:

Rockefeller Center Architecture set. This one seems to be disappearing and I didn't want to miss out on it. I'm not really a fan of the microscale style but I think with this building it works relatively well.

Lotr Wizard battle. Didn't originally plan on buying this since I already have a Saruman from Tower of Orthanc and plenty Gandalfs, but it's the only LotR/Hobbit set I didn't yet own and that kinda bugged me.

Lone Ranger Cavalry builder. Already have a couple of these. At

Out of curiousity, I entered it into the Lego Lot Calculator.... $3000.59 in new condition, which equals 2207.48 euros. Not to dampen your spirits, but I guess it is an OK buy, not great or outstanding. I'd probably look to get it down to 1400 euros or less, to get a better margin of profit.

Still, getting so many MISB sets is exciting! Have fun going through the lot!

Today I sold the UCS 10026 for:

I went for a lego hunt at lunch and visited a toyshop. Nothing interesting there so I did not buy anything. But still it was an expensive hunt. When I exited the parking I hit a bicycle stand with my car. All the right side of my car is crushed from front to back. What a day. pffffffffffff  :sorry:  :aggressive:

I went for a lego hunt at lunch and visited a toyshop. Some interesting sets there (Dino HQ, Space Center...) so I did not let anything and spend a lot. But it was an even more expensive hunt. When I exited the parking a car hurt me and roll across my bicycle and my sets. Everything is completly crushed from wheels to bricks. What a day. pffffffffffff  :sorry:  :aggressive:

(sorry for your car (for real))

I went for a lego hunt at lunch and visited a toyshop. Nothing interesting there so I did not buy anything. But still it was an expensive hunt. When I exited the parking I hit a bicycle stand with my car. All the right side of my car is crushed from front to back. What a day. pffffffffffff  :sorry:  :aggressive:

I went for a lego hunt at lunch and visited a toyshop. Some interesting sets there (Dino HQ, Space Center...) so I did not let anything and spend a lot. But it was an even more expensive hunt. When I exited the parking a car hurt me and roll across my bicycle and my sets. Everything is completly crushed from wheels to bricks. What a day. pffffffffffff  :sorry:  :aggressive:

Be careful out there fellas.

(sorry for your car (for real))

Biniou? Did a car really hit you or are you trying to be funny?

I went to a garage sale that was on CL. I bought one Lego set which was the 8099 Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer for $5. The box and instructions are in decent shape, and I'm verifying that all the pieces are here. From the looks of it, there probably is a few missing pieces, but nothing major.

• Like 1

Spent more than I wanted :(

Paid $204 for a complete with box 10027 train engine station, manual is excellent. A couple of the element bags were still sealed.

Now if only I could finish bricklinking my incomplete 10027 and find a cheap manual for selling it, I'll be into something.

It is such a great set. Even uses the older non-Bley grays.

http://brickset.com/sets/10027-1/Train-Engine-Shed

post-3743-0-39868600-1408067091_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Bought 2 Sopwiths, 3 Simpsons Houses, 2 MKII cranes, and a Sydney Opera House at a good discount on eBay. In my excitement of discovering that shipping was only $5 per additional set, it did not occur to me that this would be over 70 lbs in a single package. So unsurprisingly I got a giant box of pancakes today...but at least they were nicely priced pancakes.

• Like 1

Bought 2 Sopwiths, 3 Simpsons Houses, 2 MKII cranes, and a Sydney Opera House at a good discount on eBay. In my excitement of discovering that shipping was only $5 per additional set, it did not occur to me that this would be over 70 lbs in a single package. So unsurprisingly I got a giant box of pancakes today...but at least they were nicely priced pancakes.

Nice haul!! I'm jelly!! :)

Got a couple copies of duplo 6171 for 7 bucks a pop at walmart. And then two 8897 for nine bucks each (yes they are racers but they are still old and retired so i bit) Then picked up 4436, 9471 and 9461 at retail just to finish out a gift card.

Do you happen to know how many bags are supposed to be in the 8897?

that sucks man ... all those heavy sets in one box ... guaranteed something is going to get damaged ... i hope that you paid the right price for flattened sealed boxes of legos ...

Yesterday- 10RI's and 6exos

Today- 15RI's

All from TrU B&M store

so lucky man ... what is the US price for those ... very good stash ... youre set for the holiday selling season ... but like in the other thread try to sell some now first so you can get the feel of it ...

so lucky man ... what is the US price for those ... very good stash ... youre set for the holiday selling season ... but like in the other thread try to sell some now first so you can get the feel of it ...

That's the plan. I don't think there is a better scenario than a $25cdn set where I can make a little cash and learn at the same time at the moment.