What Lego set did you buy today?

I am within an hour but it is Sunday, I am tired and planning to watch Transformers 4 today for the first time before it goes out of theaters in my area later this week.

So today I am going to pass. I should make the trip.... Please be kind if commenting about me spending 3 hours of my life watching movie 4.

LOL! I watched it too. I wasn't going to, but my co-worker wanted to see it when we were traveling, so I caved.

• Like 1

I am within an hour but it is Sunday, I am tired and planning to watch Transformers 4 today for the first time before it goes out of theaters in my area later this week.

So today I am going to pass. I should make the trip.... Please be kind if commenting about me spending 3 hours of my life watching movie 4.

I gave up after the first one.
  • Like 1

I have no interest in crossing the river right now... But it is oh so tempting!

Going to check out a local virtual yard sale Lego lot in a bit.

He lists complete nice used sets. 7681. 7672. 7673. 7668. 8083. 8014. 7748. 8084. 8086. 7670. 7669. 8014. 8015. 7667. 8038. 7097. 7078. 7079. 7037. Plus a bin with odds and ends. I ask how much for all? He says $100. I reply, "I'll give you $150 if they're all complete." So it may be too good to be true. So if you guys never hear from me again the Shiite went down....

So, I picked up the lot for $150. I had to call and go back after I got home because his son "forgot" to put the box of mini figures with the lot. Here's the minis I got.

003_zps9b8401f9.jpg

001_zps30067663.jpg

004_zps1c3e69c9.jpg

002_zps72522297.jpg

005_zpsa85b284c.jpg

The lot weighs over 40lbs without the minis. The lady can't be mad because she's the one who found the listing.

buddy called me last night and said walmart was marking jabba's barges down to 10 to make room for new wave, so i'm sick as a dog and haul my ass to my local "never clearances sets" walmart to see if MAYBE they were, they weren't of course, and i was almost pissed until i found a vampyre hearse on the shelf.... made them take 10 off the msrp for me because the box has shelf wear and i told them it's been there so long it should have been salaveged so they gave me the discount, got it for $25

I did find a few little nuggets at a Kroger Marketplace today.

3 x Iron Man Extremis Seaport Battle $9.99

2 x City: Stunt Plane $9.99

1 x Hobbit: Dol Guldur Ambush $9.99

1 x Creator: Twin-blade Adventures $8.99

I love the extremis port battle. big time sleeper. I am sitting on a decent stack and am looking for more.

buddy called me last night and said walmart was marking jabba's barges down to 10 to make room for new wave, so i'm sick as a dog and haul my ass to my local "never clearances sets" walmart to see if MAYBE they were, they weren't of course, and i was almost pissed until i found a vampyre hearse on the shelf.... made them take 10 off the msrp for me because the box has shelf wear and i told them it's been there so long it should have been salaveged so they gave me the discount, got it for $25

10$? I would have very much doubted that. They would have had to hit a lot lower prices and kept sitting. The moment most of them hit 50% off they are gone.

Lowest I've seen Iron Man set for here was when they hit 30% at Target.  Picked up all they had at that point, but otherwise, that set doesn't seem to see a sale.

Lowest I've seen Iron Man set for here was when they hit 30% at Target.  Picked up all they had at that point, but otherwise, that set doesn't seem to see a sale.

I picked up 3 others at $9.98 when Target clearance started, but I didn't get to check out any other Targets for more.  Out of town, with the wife and kids in tow, I was lucky to stop at a couple stores.  Clearance shopping is tricky when traveling with the family.

I picked up 3 others at $9.98 when Target clearance started, but I didn't get to check out any other Targets for more. Out of town, with the wife and kids in tow, I was lucky to stop at a couple stores. Clearance shopping is tricky when traveling with the family.

I managed to got some at Meijer 2 months ago for abou 7 ea. they have been slacking as of late. They went on a tear first couple months then meh...

Bought a heap of Chima Speedorz sets being cleared out at my local K-Mart for $3.50 each. Not interest in investment but great gifts or at worst I open them up for a heap of cheap parts. 

I obviously don't know the Austrailian market, but these are SUPER sellers during Christmas. Chima is popular, not like Friends or Ninjago, but I sold A LOT of minifigures last Christmas.

I have about 20 of these and sold them all at 15$ each.

I have about 10-15 more I got earlier this year from BN I plan to do the same with.

• Like 1

I obviously don't know the Austrailian market, but these are SUPER sellers during Christmas. Chima is popular, not like Friends or Ninjago, but I sold A LOT of minifigures last Christmas.

I have about 20 of these and sold them all at 15$ each.

I have about 10-15 more I got earlier this year from BN I plan to do the same with.

Hmm intriguing. Our local ebay prices are hit and miss with them, but they probably will do ok at Christmas time as well. At worst I can sell as a bulk pack. I will have to make a trip back and see what else they have. Thanks for the tip. 

After seeing some of these clearance deals from Kroger Marketplace, I decided to hit some Fry

• Like 1

I have had my most expensive week in my Lego collecting history and brought the following

1x 10221 SSD (finally after months of debating)

2x 21110 Research Institute

1x 21020 Trevi Fountain

1x 79010 The Hobbit Goblin King Battle

1x 79101 Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown

3x 10229 Winter Village Cottage (Found on shelf in UK store, could not believe my luck)

1x 9471 Uruk-Hai Army (Found last one on shelf in HMV of all places for

• Like 1