What Lego set did you buy today?

"Building buildings" just sounds redundant to me. I know one is used in the tense of a verb while the other is a noun but it still sounds like someone stuttering. It's a neat article though.

Have you read this? It's the first brick mag I've seen in stores so I thought I'd pick it up. I'm waiting for my next trip to porcelain throne to crack it open :P . I'm curious if there any other mags that you guys could recommended?

i really needed to give myself a huge pep talk today before buying the following set.  the pep talk only worked since my other set cost $190 in 2013 after 6 or 7 amazon shipping screw-ups (that thread is somewhere in the Amazon forum). 

1 UCS SSD 10221 for $590 plus $20 postage .  UGH.  i hate paying anywhere near MSRP for 99% of available sets let alone above it.   i actually feel dirty spending that much cash on a 10221 especially when Europeans are still buying it for their MSRP.

thus i'm averaging about $390 for both of my 10221s. 

Yes, but some very expensive instructions if he goes that route to complete them.

I doubt anyone here would pass up this deal, even without instructions. 

I plan to keep Green Grocer and Market Street to complete my modular collection (I am currently using Bricklink to build 10190 - but will sell that once finished).

I will sell Cafe Corner as I don't need 2.

From a display point, I don't need the instructions any longer but I understand what you are saying. Even without instructions, these 3 sets are still selling for a combined total of $1800 (so just under 1500 after fees, shipping, insurance) and these are an easy sell - some people are getting top dollar for using substitute pieces.

Particularly satisfying is that this ad was up for almost a week on the local craigslist plus I get to build each one again. :)