What Lego set did you buy today?

I popped into Wal-Mart where I've been watching some older sets for discounts. They have an entire 2-sided isle of legos marked down and an additional 50% off the marked price. I spent $2000, but scored 10 Lego 9398 for $45 each; 3 Millenium Falcons for $32 each; SW Jek 14 $15 each; and 5 Goblin Attack Sets for $22 each. I also grabbed a bunch of smaller sets for kid's Christmas gifts. I broke the bank, but I'm set for Christmas selling. The only set I left behind was TMNT Shell Raiser. I figure if they have to discount them when the new movie just came out than TMNT must be a loser. Now I have to bust the blow dryer to pull off the clearance stickers without damaging the sets.

• Like 9

I popped into Wal-Mart where I've been watching some older sets for discounts. They have an entire 2-sided isle of legos marked down and an additional 50% off the marked price. I spent $2000, but scored 10 Lego 9398 for $45 each; 3 Millenium Falcons for $32 each; SW Jek 14 $15 each; and 5 Goblin Attack Sets for $22 each. I also grabbed a bunch of smaller sets for kid's Christmas gifts. I broke the bank, but I'm set for Christmas selling. The only set I left behind was TMNT Shell Raiser. I figure if they have to discount them when the new movie just came out than TMNT must be a loser. Now I have to bust the blow dryer to pull off the clearance stickers without damaging the sets.

Sweet mother of god... hell of a deal you got there!

• Like 1

Thanks! I was shaking when I loaded the sets into 4 very full carts. Associates were taking Falcons fresh from the boxes and marking them with clearance stickers. I asked them to just just put them into my cart. I tried to leave as fast as I could because I felt like somebody was going to say they were kidding and hadn't meant to mark thing down. I never use my credit card, but I did for this one. I couldn't help myself. I do have a couple of Chima sets that could be a gamble, but they were just so cheap.

• Like 1

nice! I'd love to see a pic of that haul.

that's a nice haul.

i didn't know walmart carried 9398 :D i wish walmart around me carried those sets ...