What Lego set did you buy today?

If you buy something you can get points for $180 and apply the points to the bill or apply to the purchase, say $30 off $180 and only get points for $150.

This.

You get credited points towards what you actually pay for . So like H-man said if you are paying 100$ for an item and fully pay, u get 3x pts on 100$. If you pay 30$ in pts and 70$ on cc you only get 3x pts on the 70$.

Applying pts towards the statement rather than the order insure u get full pts every time .

It might seem like a small difference per order but over a year it adds up.

This.

You get credited points towards what you actually pay for . So like ****-man said if you are paying 100$ for an item and fully pay, u get 3x pts on 100$. If you pay 30$ in pts and 70$ on cc you only get 3x pts on the 70$.

Applying pts towards the statement rather than the order insure u get full pts every time .

It might seem like a small difference per order but over a year it adds up.

ah, ok, now thats sounds like something i will surely do the next time ... thanks for the clarification

If you spend the points on your purchase you are not gaining additional points on that portion of your order. Pay it in full and then use your points to pay the balance. That way you've gained points on the whole purchase amount.

I have to admit I still don't fully understand this. If my item is $100, I pay in full $100. What exactly am I putting my towards then if the item is already paid in full?

I have to admit I still don't fully understand this. If my item is $100, I pay in full $100. What exactly am I putting my towards then if the item is already paid in full?

Lets say you buy something for $200 but have $50 in points to use. Your card gives you 3% back. You pay $150 and use $50 in points and get $4.50 in points for a future purchase. If you would have just put the $200 on the card you would have received $6 in points. The $200 goes to the balance on the card and you use your $50 in points to put towards the balance. Both get you $150 remaining balance on your card but one gets you $6 in points and the other gets you $4.50. It seems like a small amount but if you are doing thousands of dollars a month in purchases it makes a huge difference.

One other thing that might be confusing you is that they're not talking about VIP points from the Lego store. They're talking about Amazon credit card reward points. You get 3% back for Amazon purchases that can be used to either buy something else or apply towards your credit card bill. With Lego VIP points, it doesn't matter how you spend them.

• Like 1

One other thing that might be confusing you is that they're not talking about VIP points from the Lego store. They're talking about Amazon credit card reward points. You get 3% back for Amazon purchases that can be used to either buy something else or apply towards your credit card bill. With Lego VIP points, it doesn't matter how you spend them.

Bahahahaha!! That's exactly what I was thinking. The other thing that was confusing me was the 3%. VIP is 5%. Thanks for clarifying.

4637 Safari Building Set
4757 Harry Potter Hogwart's Castle
x2 10001 Metroliner Train
10014 My Own Train Caboose 
10013 My Own Train Open Freight Wagon
10153 My Own Train Train Motor 9V
x2 10173 Holiday Train
x2 4548 Train Transformer and Speed Regulator

All NISB, for $1350. Did I do ok? Hoping I can turn a decent profit here, though some of these seem like slow sellers.

Edited by gorbasho
  • Like 2

4637 Safari Building Set

x2 10173 Holiday Train

All NISB, for $1350. Did I do ok? Hoping I can turn a decent profit here, though some of these seem like slow sellers.

Nice haul! I think you did really well, especially for those Holiday Trains (they`re awesome sets). 

• Like 1

4637 Safari Building Set

x2 10173 Holiday Train

Where? Who still had 2 new Metroliners?

Where? Who still had 2 new Metroliners?

Craigslist. Interestingly, the two Metroliners have Tuesday Morning price tags on them, $69.99. Can't even imagine that sending a Lego train set to a discount retailer would be the only way for it to sell, no way would that happen to a train set today. I guess things were different back then lol.

This is going to be a difficult lot to part with. I'm a big train fan and don't have any of these sets yet..

Edited by gorbasho

Series?

Sent from my Passport using Brickpicker mobile app

Series 2, today.  41509 is the only one that was sold out at Legoland last weekend.  I've been buying up as many 509's as I can find in the wild, and then I go take a run to Legoland tomorrow (long lunch hour), and buy the corresponding number to complete sets.

You's loves them Mixels!

Yeah, I am.  They're actually pretty cool, and I like the multiple builds.  If you to the Mixels site, they have extra instructions for combining different tribes into new characters as well.  I just have to watch my OCD, because I'm likely to want one of every build possible.  (That could explain the multiple Bike Shop & Cafes I have in my "I own this" pile).

Craigslist. Interestingly, the two Metroliners have Tuesday Morning price tags on them, $69.99. Can't even imagine that sending a Lego train set to a discount retailer would be the only way for it to sell, no way would that happen to a train set today. I guess things were different back then lol.

This is going to be a difficult lot to part with. I'm a big train fan and don't have any of these sets yet..

This past week, I sold a BNSF Train Engine.  Sold for $330.  I paid $220 for it.  I removed a Ross price tag on it....$9.99.  Yeah, that hurt.