What Lego set did you buy today?

Took a small drive and picked up a couple of $49 sail barges. Passed on two $49 AT-TE. I had them in my cart and put them back. That set just doesn't do it for me. Original trilogy only. Would rather spend that money on better deals or exclusives.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Agreed as an investment but it is kind of a neat build at least I thought so. Looks cool on my son's shelf

Sent from my Passport using Brickpicker mobile app

Agreed as an investment but it is kind of a neat build at least I thought so. Looks cool on my son's shelf

I agree, the AT-TE buiild is awesome, but the minifig selection really drags down the value of this set.  It really only has 3 minifigs, not counting the battle droids.

Had a little road trip today for the kiddos Dr. appts and made a few stops, but not too many.

2 x Series 1 Mixels complete sets (Alpinemaps inspired me)

6 x Batman Batwing polys

2 x Jabba's Sail Barge @$49

2 x Batcaves using 20%+10%+gift cards+ARC-170 polys (my goto, since my TRU only accepts legit coupons)  They are running out of Batcaves, so I'll probably start stockpiling Heartlake Malls next.

• Like 1

Also several Attack of the Wargs. I has known about their clearance for weeks now but was too lazy to drive haha. This particular Walmart has huge LEGO inventory and is located on a low income area, so they have a hard time selling them even at 50% apparently

oh how i envy you folks during these clearance days!!!

VW Beetle - used $130

Polybags - mini cooper, tumbler and batwing for $17 total. I wanted the mini and tumbler bags to add to my full size builds without opening one my own promo minis.

95% complete Royal Knights Castle (6090) for free (: missing some cheap pieces that have cost me $7 shipped and two minifigs.

All prices in US

Ex Astris, Scientia.

TRUTH!  (Toys R Us THursday!)  Yes.  I'm trying to start a new annoying acronym.

I had 14 physical coupons and my OCD compelled me to make sure to use every one.  Hit 3 TRUs with my 6-year-old and 11-month-old in tow.

2x Batcave

1x Technic Crane

6x Mos Eisley Cantina

1x Trevi Fountain

2x Benny's Spaceship

1x Bike Shop

1x Heartlake Mall

14 separate transactions, 14 polybags included.

And some mixels for my kid (and series 1 for me heh)

My first 2 TRUs had most everything I wanted marked as HP which is why I loaded up on cantinas.  Last TRU I wish I had gone to first as Benny's, Bike Shop, Mall were all not HP.  Weird how it varies from store to store.

I'm taking next Thursday off.

• Like 1

TRUTH! (Toys R Us THursday!) Yes. I'm trying to start a new annoying acronym.

I had 14 physical coupons and my OCD compelled me to make sure to use every one. Hit 3 TRUs with my 6-year-old and 11-month-old in tow.

2x Batcave

1x Technic Crane

6x Mos Eisley Cantina

1x Trevi Fountain

2x Benny's Spaceship

1x Bike Shop

1x Heartlake Mall

14 separate transactions, 14 polybags included.

And some mixels for my kid (and series 1 for me heh)

My first 2 TRUs had most everything I wanted marked as HP which is why I loaded up on cantinas. Last TRU I wish I had gone to first as Benny's, Bike Shop, Mall were all not HP. Weird how it varies from store to store.

I'm taking next Thursday off.

Any new coupons ?? Say the TRUTH

Edit: you acronym gets annoying pretty quick

I agree, the AT-TE buiild is awesome, but the minifig selection really drags down the value of this set.  It really only has 3 minifigs, not counting the battle droids.

Had a little road trip today for the kiddos Dr. appts and made a few stops, but not too many.

2 x Series 1 Mixels complete sets (Alpinemaps inspired me)

6 x Batman Batwing polys

2 x Jabba's Sail Barge @$49

2 x Batcaves using 20%+10%+gift cards+ARC-170 polys (my goto, since my TRU only accepts legit coupons)  They are running out of Batcaves, so I'll probably start stockpiling Heartlake Malls next.

Glad to hear I inspired you.  I think it was Jeff that brought it up back in June, that inspired to pick up a few sets back then.

These are dwindling in the wild, but you can still occasionally find them at TRU.  Not to uncut my own market, but these are gold Jerry.  Pick these up right now.  I'm not big on quick flips (and you don't have to quick flip them).  But, at $45 a set, and $90 on ebay right now (with 5 minutes to put them into a 6x6x6 box and print a label), why not?  As I told my wife - it's hard to ignore free money.  And right now, these are free money. 

My Mother in law (who lives far far away) found a 3 more today - the 3 that I need to make three more sets.  I've already sold 5 sets at $85-$90 each, without paying more than $45 a set.  I've got 5 more sets sitting here, and doing my best to get some more.

• Like 1

Glad to hear I inspired you.  I think it was Jeff that brought it up back in June, that inspired to pick up a few sets back then.

These are dwindling in the wild, but you can still occasionally find them at TRU.  Not to uncut my own market, but these are gold Jerry.  Pick these up right now.  I'm not big on quick flips (and you don't have to quick flip them).  But, at $45 a set, and $90 on ebay right now (with 5 minutes to put them into a 6x6x6 box and print a label), why not?  As I told my wife - it's hard to ignore free money.  And right now, these are free money. 

My Mother in law (who lives far far away) found a 3 more today - the 3 that I need to make three more sets.  I've already sold 5 sets at $85-$90 each, without paying more than $45 a set.  I've got 5 more sets sitting here, and doing my best to get some more.

You inspired me as well alpinemaps! Having been to every TRU, Walmart, and Target in my area I am now convinced that they are completely gone in the wild, at least by me. I was not able to put together more than 1 set. A few more of the harder to find characters and I can build 5 more.  That said, I'm camping on it until I can piece together more. I'm not entirely sure this will work out, but that is what investing is all about, right? 

I know I should have picked up the remainders, I might have been missing 2 from another complete set.  I'm just sticking my toe in the water, but I might list mine at $120 and let them ride until the holidays.

went to TRU yesterday and picked up nothing. out of GC (have there been any promos lately?), and 20%+10% is not that great anymore on mostly overpriced sets after got spoiled by target/kroger/walmart clearances. was considering the volvo, but thats pretty steep considering walmart is still winding down their clearance.

picked up @walmart:

3 x cargo trucks ($19) mint

1 x black gate ($29) beat, all seals intact

4 x mines of moria ($54) various stages of shelfwear, seals intact

only picked up the mines because the set is already nearing $100 @amazon

CHECK YOUR SEALS! especially on superheros line. had to leave a few nice sets behind because it was obvious they had been opened (cloudy, misaligned, glue strip showing)

I just took another short drive and picked up two more $49 sail barges. The Walmart app showed they were in stock, but they were nowhere to be found. Luckily the toy department manager and two of her minions were doing a reset. I showed them the app and asked if they had them. They went in the back and came back about five minutes later with the two barges in hand. I was in the right place at the right time.

I also passed again on four more $49 AT-TE's, but did snag three more $29 black gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

1 x 10229 Winter Village Cottage @ 99 euro (wooot woooot!!!!)

1 x 7958 Star Wars Advent Calendar 2011 @ 29 euro

1 x 4736 HP Freeing Dobby @ 14 euro

1 x 9676 Tie Interceptor and Death Star @ 9 euro

New and in perfect condition at local Mom and Pop store

:clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

Edit: wifey has just freed Debby and she's playing HP with the baby. I LOVE my Lego family  :airkiss:

Edited by r0by76