What Lego set did you buy today?

Honestly it is hit and miss. I have had no luck at big box retailers, just TRU and the indie toy shops, all at full retail.

I found a big batch at Meijer.

If you have a nearby Five Below store, you may be lucky enough to find some Mixels there being priced at $4.99. You could also come across odd polybags, Friends animal collectables, and Collectable Minifigures as well. This is just a general response for anyone wondering where to look.

Thanks guys for all the tips.  Nearest five below is 2 1/2 hours away but I have TRU, Meijer and Target.  I'll start checking more of them out.  Bet I am too late.  Glad I have the one set to flip.  It crosses my mind to put a series 2 and series 3 with it and sell but I am not convinced that a series complete 1-3 set will gain me any more margin than just selling series 1 by itself and moving on to better finds and starting to stock up on series 2 for when it goes EOL.  You all have more experience on this than me.  Thoughts?

i found this month's TLG promo @ the checkout lane of target $3.99+tax.

not sure if that's news worthy but might interest someone....

{ mods: not sure why the image got rotated when i posted/uploaded. please fix it if required. i don't know how

post-4434-0-08170000-1410662267_thumb.jp

Edited by newbie77

Not really a set, but I bought the Lego Friends Character Encyclopedia.  List price is $18.99.  I saw it at the DK book at Comic-Con for $9.99, but forgot to buy it before they were sold out.

Costco has it for $11.99, so I picked it up.

Be careful - it's going to be like crack to your little girls.  It basically every single thing ever for Friends.  I can already see my daughter asking for everything in the book.

Found an almost complete series 1 of the Mixels, just missing one of the fire guys.  The kid needs one of the electric guys and one of the rock guys to complete his collection.  I'll have to see if I can find anymore in the wild before I give him those.

Found a Batwing polybag at Target.  Good call on checking in the Halloween aisle...whoever that was.

Found what was probably a complete box of the new Series 12 minifigures.  Didn't buy those, looked on eBay and you could preorder a sealed box for $200, which is less than retail.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-LEGO-71007-Box-Case-of-60-MINIFIGURES-SERIES-12-/321515549948?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item4adbd1f4fc

Thought about trying to flip a few sets, but just didn't seem to be worth the effort.  After buying Mixels for $5, $4 for a single minifig seems steep.

We'll wanted more spacemen so in took exciters VIP advice.

Got the Benny space ship and the new AT AT for myself for about $60 total plus two more space men and 2 more Chima's

Happy...

good going. dunno how many chima you have .. better get rid of them or give it to kids and their friends. you will be popular uncle.

from investment perspective they are now worth less than $3.99.  i saw them @ the checkout lane @ target.(uploaded picture yesterday) so these chima polybags are going to appear at other retailers as well...

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

good going. dunno how many chima you have .. better get rid of them or give it to kids and their friends. you will be popular uncle.

from investment perspective they are now worth less than $3.99.  i saw them @ the checkout lane @ target.(uploaded picture yesterday) so these chima polybags are going to appear at other retailers as well...

Thanks newbie.

Very happy with the deal the two more spaceman (have about 12 or so now) will pay for most of the 60 in a month or two once they are more scarce.

Funny on the chima's I listed about 5-6 on ebay at $5.95 free shipping and they have all sold quickly.  Shocked.

I am going to list these two plus I am going to pull the one I kept (I normally keep one of most every promo) and I am going to sell it too.

I have sympathy for Chima but I really do not like it nor enough to keep one for my archives. :)

does anyone know how many camper in a case?

received 4X10220 from TRU. they came without much support so obviously sets are damaged. seal is 34R4. but of those 4; 3 of them has one of their seals missing. by the looks of the other one; it has been opened. and resealed. weight seems to be accurate.

not sure what to do. anyone faced similar situation.

i am having issues with packages coming out of "FOREST PARK, ***" .

set from other locations of TRU seems to be in near perfect mint condition. and packaging are good as well..

Edited by newbie77

Today at Wal-Mart wife picked up

2 x 70008 Worriz' Combat Lair $29.99 each

1 x 70009 Gorzan's Gorilla Striker $29.99

1 x 79007 Battle At The Black Gate $29.99

They had 4 combat lairs but was iffy on buying all 4. Don't know how that set is going to do, and since I'm new to Lego reselling. I did manage to get

3 x 9467 Ghost Trains at a TRU outlet at $39.99 about 2 weeks ago.