What Lego set did you buy today?

You're probably right. But I'm not going to risk it again after the exo suit/research institute fiasco. Better to be safe than sorry. Plus I'll still get the retro spaceman for this month. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to get for October...

its not fair to compare EXO with RI and both of them with WMV.

with regard to EXO,

if there is another wave of the release @ any of the retailers i can state for certain that there won't be any resellers buying them. all the resellers including myself are saturated with EXO. a straw will break the camel's back. (no pun intended). you can literally see this by the listing @ amazon.

anybody selling for less than $53(on amazon) are basically selling for (just the 5% points and/or cashback and/or gift card discount). yes that's factoring in no tax. unless they found a way to reduce cost on shipping.  this set is about 13.5oz. there is way this set can be shipped for less than ~$10 east to west. that/this means that people are trying to unload it :D in decent quantity.... @ amazon there are over 93 separate listing for this :D .. . compared to 29 for RI

with regard to WMV,

i personally don't think resellers will be running after 10235 WMV. why because its been around for more than a year. i remember buying few last year november/december.  i am pretty sure there is massive stockpile from last year hanging around. plus @ around ~99->130 this set is ranked(#18308) lower than ~$700 super star  destroyer 10221(15952). meaning this would be lot harder to move. no point in hoarding it unless you want pallet full of these in your stockroom.

Edited by newbie77

its not fair to compare EXO with RI and both of them with WMV.

with regard to EXO,

if there is another wave of the release @ any of the retailers i can state for certain that there won't be any resellers buying them. all the resellers including myself are saturated with EXO. a straw will break the camel's back. (no pun intended). you can literally see this by the listing @ amazon.

anybody selling for less than $53(on amazon) are basically selling for (just the 5% points and/or cashback and/or gift card discount). yes that's factoring in no tax. unless they found a way to reduce cost on shipping.  this set is about 13.5oz. there is way this set can be shipped for less than ~$10 east to west. that/this means that people are trying to unload it :D in decent quantity.... @ amazon there are over 93 separate sellers for this :D .. . compared to 29 for RI

with regard to WMV,

i personally don't think resellers will be running after 10235 WMV. why because its been around for more than a year. i remember buying few last year november/december.  i am pretty sure there is massive stockpile from last year hanging around. plus @ around ~99->130 this set is ranked(#18308) lower than ~$700 super star  destroyer 10221(15952). meaning this would be lot harder to move. no point in hoarding it unless you want pallet full of these in your stockroom.

You're right. But it's more of a personal comparison, rather than a reflection of the market at large. I'm just happy if I can get one of each set with my small Lego budget.

I pretty much got high on my own supply to buy these recently.

7683 - Indiana Jones: Fight on the Flying Wing - Sealed - $79.00 shipped

7674 - Star Wars: V-19 Starfighter - Complete w/ nice box - $39.00 shipped

7781 - Batman (2006): The Batmobile: Two-Face's Escape - pristine box w/ complete clean set - $97.00 shipped

with regard to WMV,

hahahahahaha

I think you might be underestimating this set, I'll take a pallet of these in my stockroom any day!

Hi all.

New guy here.  Stopped by my local Wal-Mart after work and managed to catch the dept. manager taking markdowns in the clearance aisle.  Picked up 2 Jabba's Sail Barge for $50 each, left 1 on the shelf. 

I got him to call an assistant manager and managed to haggle down the LOTR Pirate Ship Ambush set to $54 each.  Picked up 3 of these and left 2  on the shelf.

If I had had the money, I would have taken all of them.  Pretty happy with this trip! :sungum:

got hosed by the walmart app today and didn't get the $40 Jabba Barges that are listed at an out of the way walmart in the middle of nowhere (gardner, ma).

i ended up getting 6 mint Captain America for the 14.97 deal which with the instore and online prices actually matching for once.

they also had a stash of 5 76000 Arctic Batman's that rang u at 15 so it wasn't a total waste of a drive.

when i got home a T1 from target and 2 minecraft 21006 nethers from amazon were waiting from ups undamaged which was a nice surprise.

OK I hit several Walmart's and here is my haul.

8 - 9525 Star Wars Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter at $40 each
4 - 79007 The Lord of The Rings Battle At The Black Gate Set @ $29 each
4 - 79002 The Hobbit Attack Of The Wargs Set @ $35.00 each
5 - 75041 Star Wars Vulture Droid @ $15.00 each
1 - 70402 Castle Gatehouse Raid Set @ $21.00 each (for me)
3 - 79003 The Hobbit An Unexpected Gathering Set @ $54.00 each

Took a small drive and picked up a couple of $49 sail barges. Passed on two $49 AT-TE. I had them in my cart and put them back. That set just doesn't do it for me. Original trilogy only. Would rather spend that money on better deals or exclusives.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I'm still tempted to return and grab a couple Cargo Planes too.  I need to go through the Wal-Mart app again for all these updated prices.

Was suppose to get this $125 lot of 6 MISB set but each one arrived opened w/ box.  UGH. big diff between MISB and used values.  I would expect $275 in revenue before seller fees when everything is sold.

All boxes, manuals, and elements in decent condition. stickers are also applied correctly.

4736-1     Freeing Dobby

4737-1     Quidditch Match

4738-1     Hagrid's Hut

4865-1     The Forbidden Forest
4866-1     The Knight Bus
4867-1     Battle for Hogwarts

I'll might end up selling my remaining MISB versions and keep these for my son in-case he becomes a Potter fan.

I am waiting for email confirmation from the seller, but I'd consider it closed. 6067 Guarded Inn, one of most iconic classic Castle sets of the '80s, 100% complete, very good conditions, 50 eur + 10 eur shipping.

It will be a great addition to my collection of vintage Castle sets!