What Lego set did you buy today?

I just drove a long way to Delaware for 3 Winter Cottage 10229 sets and was able to get a friend to buy 1 20 mins after I left for home. For some reason, my friend tipped the guy $10 for holding ONE set (suppose to be 2). Oh well...

The most I ever worked for buying a set. At least there wasn't sales tax collected. Additionally, this was the only store within a 90 mile radius that had them in-stock. Only 1 left

Anyway, they had the new batman flash / Riddler set and all LOne ranger sets were 30% off.

Hope you're not in the GTA hunting down the Mirkwood Elf Guards because there is literally no hope for you then except scraps here and there... (sorry if it sounds offensive, just that I literally went to every target in the GTA already.. :))

I should thank you for saving me travel time.

I finally did - for about 5 hours. Good to go. lol

I haven't been getting much sleep either. After working a grinding 8.5 hours at my day job, I have been hitting every Target, Wal-mart and Toys R Us in my county. I've been buying up all of the Marvel Titan Figures (except Iron Man, he just isn't selling) and TMNT basic figures that I can find. Get WM and TRU to price match Target's ad for the TMNT @ $7 each and get Target and WM to price match TRU's Titan's price of $7.99. Been able to clear out about 4 Targets, 2 WM's and 2 TRU's of everything listed. Go home, log em in for Merchant fulfilled Amazon, and start shipping that night. The sales would roll in for the actual Turtles and popular characters like Shredder and Splinter and sell out in a few hours! I really wish I had been paying more attention to these earlier in the year and built a huge stockpile of them.

Finish shopping at 10 PM, and finish packing at 3 AM! Get to work at my bread and butter job at 7:30 AM. I almost can't wait for Xmas buying season to be over I'm so tired!

• Like 1

From TRU.com so far I have bought:

4 Series 11 Minifigures (helps to get the order just over $100)

6 Metropolois Showdowns

6 Iron Man vs Mandarins

7 Lone Ranger Cavalrys (I LOVE this set! I think it has huge potential)

3 Spongebob Dutchmans (to get the best value for the discount, if none of your sets are over $25, they just give you 1 item free instead it seems)

1 Constitution Train

1 Eagle Castle

All for $413.36. Not bad.

I'll be hitting my B&M store at lunch time to see if I can get some of the Cavalry's in store.

I haven't been getting much sleep either. After working a grinding 8.5 hours at my day job, I have been hitting every Target, Wal-mart and Toys R Us in my county. I've been buying up all of the Marvel Titan Figures (except Iron Man, he just isn't selling) and TMNT basic figures that I can find. Get WM and TRU to price match Target's ad for the TMNT @ $7 each and get Target and WM to price match TRU's Titan's price of $7.99. Been able to clear out about 4 Targets, 2 WM's and 2 TRU's of everything listed. Go home, log em in for Merchant fulfilled Amazon, and start shipping that night. The sales would roll in for the actual Turtles and popular characters like Shredder and Splinter and sell out in a few hours! I really wish I had been paying more attention to these earlier in the year and built a huge stockpile of them.

Finish shopping at 10 PM, and finish packing at 3 AM! Get to work at my bread and butter job at 7:30 AM. I almost can't wait for Xmas buying season to be over I'm so tired!

The basic turtles weren't profitable until sometime in November. Amazon has had most characters in stock all year for $7.99-11.99 each with free prime/super saver shipping. Splinter, Shredder, and Fish Face (before the lastest wave came out that he was in... wasn't in multiple waves prior) were the main ones that were usually out of stock from Amazon and profitable. Although for $8.88 ea plus tax, I was able to snag 100 of each basic turtle from wal-mart.com about 3 weeks ago. Sold them all for $18-20 each with FBA. Stuck on about 100 Spider Bytes though :-( Got a solid chunk of Cockroach Terminator too. May blow them out at $0.50-$1 loss after fees just to clear them.

So basically. You just ship everything to amazon and have them ship it out to your customers? Do you have to individually pack the box or just put everything on one big box?

So basically. You just ship everything to amazon and have them ship it out to your customers? Do you have to individually pack the box or just put everything on one big box?

I do that throughout the year. Right now theres not enough time to get it to amazon, so im buying small items I can fulfill myself at first class shipping.

The best is when customers upgrade to 2 day or expedited. First class fits both of those categories, and I charge $8 for them instead of $4.49 for standard.

I usually ship into FBA throughout the year, however it's too close to Xmas to do that now. I'm restricting my buying to only First Class shippable items. Most of my items are 3 oz so Amazon's First Class price on that costs me $1.76. I love when customers upgrade to Expedited and Second Day on those too, because First Class will still get it there in time. Free money for the same service I would have provided.

On another note, I went to my B&M TRU today at lunch time. First thing's first, there is a hard limit for the $10 sets. Only 2 of each will ring up at $10, all others ring at full price. I had to split transactions.

Also, in store, the $10 sets don't qualify towards the $25 off $100 promo even though this morning it was working online.

I bought 9 Cavalrys, 5 Iron Man vs Mandarin and 4 Metropolis Showdowns. I also got 5 Forest Ambushes at the $7.49. Also I found a ton of Robin Cycles Polys and more Hobbit Laketown Guard polys (I wiped out my other TRU last night).

What I find odd is wasn't the Redbird Cycle a freebie from October? My TRU never got them it they said. Here I find them on the counter at $4.99 each. Do you think they're waiting until after promos to throw them up for cash? I also bought about 50 Iron Man Drones a while back at $5 each. On one hand, I score more of the polys by being able to buy them, but on the other hand I feel ripped off when I don't get my freebie. They had a whole bunch of the lego Turkey polys there for $6.99 each too. I grabbed a few to put me over the $100 threshold.

Is there anyone I can call to complain about this? Seems kind of dishonest, not giving out the freebies and then selling them instead.

I usually ship into FBA throughout the year, however it's too close to Xmas to do that now. I'm restricting my buying to only First Class shippable items. Most of my items are 3 oz so Amazon's First Class price on that costs me $1.76. I love when customers upgrade to Expedited and Second Day on those too, because First Class will still get it there in time. Free money for the same service I would have provided.

On another note, I went to my B&M TRU today at lunch time. First thing's first, there is a hard limit for the $10 sets. Only 2 of each will ring up at $10, all others ring at full price. I had to split transactions.

Also, in store, the $10 sets don't qualify towards the $25 off $100 promo even though this morning it was working online.

I bought 9 Cavalrys, 5 Iron Man vs Mandarin and 4 Metropolis Showdowns. I also got 5 Forest Ambushes at the $7.49. Also I found a ton of Robin Cycles Polys and more Hobbit Laketown Guard polys (I wiped out my other TRU last night).

What I find odd is wasn't the Redbird Cycle a freebie from October? My TRU never got them it they said. Here I find them on the counter at $4.99 each. Do you think they're waiting until after promos to throw them up for cash? I also bought about 50 Iron Man Drones a while back at $5 each. On one hand, I score more of the polys by being able to buy them, but on the other hand I feel ripped off when I don't get my freebie. They had a whole bunch of the lego Turkey polys there for $6.99 each too. I grabbed a few to put me over the $100 threshold.

Is there anyone I can call to complain about this? Seems kind of dishonest, not giving out the freebies and then selling them instead.

I might look at opening an amazon account to sell some of my stuff. Anyway,

I would grab all the red bird poly bags. Your so lucky that you found them at regular.

damn at least your store had a decent stock of the $10 sets.

Yeah for me its getting shipments ready. For you, its a suprise because something runs OOS on Amazon and you gotta figure out how to get more! lol

I have 12 but you can't get the set here anymore so prices have gone crazy. I will be happy if I can get more of the set, is it just LEGO Shop at Home going to be restocked?

What price is it there?

All indications are that it is only LEGO Shop at Home. TRU took it off the website. Target and Walmart haven't had it for months. Prices are above 100$ on Ebay US.

I have toy'd with flipping a few and ordering while waiting for stock on LEGO Shop at Home, but I am scared it will never come in. lol.

Considering I got all of mine for $50 or below - (two for 70$ each at Lego, but after selling the exclusives, etc. got it down) - I am already feeling good.

Hopefully you got yours pretty low too?

Picked up 14 mini VW buses at my local lego store for $5.50 each. w00t!

have been waiting for those to appear again and they finally did.

ps. the friends section looked like it had been attacked by wolves. hardly anything on the shelf and they had to fill it in with chima shields etc. to cover up the empty shelves. The entire store except the star wars section was looking pretty picked over.

Yeah for me its getting shipments ready. For you, its a suprise because something runs OOS on Amazon and you gotta figure out how to get more! lol

What price is it there?

All indications are that it is only LEGO Shop at Home. TRU took it off the website. Target and Walmart haven't had it for months. Prices are above 100$ on Ebay US.

I have toy'd with flipping a few and ordering while waiting for stock on LEGO Shop at Home, but I am scared it will never come in. lol.

Considering I got all of mine for $50 or below - (two for 70$ each at Lego, but after selling the exclusives, etc. got it down) - I am already feeling good.

Hopefully you got yours pretty low too?

I picked up mine in the 70-95 region but I am comfortable with that since our retail is $130.

Ebay has hit $200 here with none less than that. One sold for $250 already.

Christmas inflation probably plays it's part, but once the sets have hit those prices it is unlikely to come down that much further. 

All the first wave of Super Heroes here are spiking upwards, even Loki's Cosmic Cube. 

3x Pirate Ship Ambush - 40% off at a Kmart clearance/store closing.  Finally pulled the trigger.  Glad I'm did, because someone bought up a bunch between yesterday and today.

1x 41051 Merida's Highland Games - wife is going to kill me for trying to sell this (instead of giving it to the 5 year old daughter), but I want to make money on this while I can.  I pick one up on sale for the daughter another time.

10x 30216 Laketown Guard polybag.  First appearance of these guys in my area.  Let's see if I can flip these quick.

Picked up 14 mini VW buses at my local lego store for $5.50 each. w00t!

have been waiting for those to appear again and they finally did.

ps. the friends section looked like it had been attacked by wolves. hardly anything on the shelf and they had to fill it in with chima shields etc. to cover up the empty shelves. The entire store except the star wars section was looking pretty picked over.

I noticed this in my TRU as well, Star Wars was the one theme that didn't seem to be selling that well.  I don't know if it's because the high priced summer sets are what are mostly there, or just a general getting bored with the theme.  Someone else even made that comment in the aisle that SW was all that was left.  Lone Ranger, Friends, Chima, Monster Fighters, Technic, Super Heroes, it's all gone.  Even a lot of the Creator stuff was leaving the shelves.

Friends especially, though.  That has been completely wiped out in every store in town.  Even Shopko.

That happened to me with all the TRUs in my area.  I was being told they didn't get the freebies in, 6 different promotions total at the last count since the summer.  One dude blatantly lied to me during the TNMT promotion with a Lego box sitting behind the register behind me.  When I walked into one of the TRU 1 week after the promotion is over and volia, it has the 2nd, 3rd minifigures set, and the collector case for 20 bucks a piece.

I noticed this in my TRU as well, Star Wars was the one theme that didn't seem to be selling that well.  I don't know if it's because the high priced summer sets are what are mostly there, or just a general getting bored with the theme.  Someone else even made that comment in the aisle that SW was all that was left.  Lone Ranger, Friends, Chima, Monster Fighters, Technic, Super Heroes, it's all gone.  Even a lot of the Creator stuff was leaving the shelves.

Friends especially, though.  That has been completely wiped out in every store in town.  Even Shopko.

To be fair the star wars set sales, especially at TRU and the Lego store, have been exactly ASS. So thats a big part of it.

Sets that were on sale still sold out - and fast. I don't think there is any lull. Look at AMazon - they sold out of the Xwing, gunship, jek, atte, etc.