What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest ph4tb0i

Finally had time to restock after the chaos (been too busy helping two clients finish up deadlines while barely having enough time to pack and ship).

Bought the following last Saturday

100 X Hobbit Mirkwood Elf guard (Pickering/Ajax/Whitby/Oshawa/Scarborough/Markham/Richmond Hill/North York/Etobicoke are picked clean. Sorry guys).

45 X Hobbit Lake-Town Guard

19 X Monster Fighters Ghost and Clock

Bought today

7 X Downtown bakeries at $19

2 X Kre-O starship enterprise @ $18

Finally had time to restock after the chaos (been too busy helping two clients finish up deadlines while barely having enough time to pack and ship).

100 X Hobbit Mirkwood Elf guard (Pickering/Ajax/Whitby/Oshawa/Scarborough/Markham/Richmond Hill/North York/Etobicoke are picked clean. Sorry guys).

Bought today

how did you buy 100 mirkwood sets? Assuming each store you went to had 10-15 for sale (which is hard to believe, since every single store in my area is picked clean). Be real .. really 100 sets? You made a B+ story at best into a A+ story lol

The hoarder in me finally broke down and bought an open boxed but excellent condition10123 Cloud City. I paid on the lower end of the bricklink price guide range (plus those sets don't / didn't have the box.

The Brickpicker "open" prices seem a tad low so I'll verify them and let Jeff and Ed know if I find anything, this set is one of those that's usually parted (like 7888) so the prices are usually off due to ebay seller auction formats,

At least with a set like this, I'll never lose money. If / when I sell it (as long there isn't a refresh), I'll make $omething,

Guest ph4tb0i

how did you buy 100 mirkwood sets? Assuming each store you went to had 10-15 for sale (which is hard to believe, since every single store in my area is picked clean). Be real .. really 100 sets? You made a B+ story at best into a A+ story lol

haha, thanks for calling me out: :D

Wasn't really hard to do up here:

I kid you not, literally NOBODY took the Mirkwood Elf Guards up here in Canada except for like 2 of the Targets that I went to (I probably went through 30+ Mirkwood elf guards already seeing people all seem to want to order 5+ on eBay). As for the LakeTown Guard they were just released here in TRU so I managed to get 8-15 from every TRU I visited in the east side of town.  Monster Fighters I was very surprised to find on the shelf in one of the TRUs so I took them all. 

So I wrote in the other thread about the crappy Legoing day I had.

Well that was unfair. I did score a UCS Naboo Starfighter (used) for 70$ (normally about $150). However, glad I got on Ebay last night.

New open box 10019 Rebel Blockade runner. $450!!! less than half the Brickpicker value. That one was a good score :)

I kid you not, literally NOBODY took the Mirkwood Elf Guards up here in Canada except for like 2 of the Targets that I went to (I probably went through 30+ Mirkwood elf guards already seeing people all seem to want to order 5+ on eBay). As for the LakeTown Guard they were just released here in TRU so I managed to get 8-15 from every TRU I visited in the east side of town.  Monster Fighters I was very surprised to find on the shelf in one of the TRUs so I took them all. 

Damn. I have been looking for Mirkwood Elves in Toronto proper and never saw any. I will have to head back out for the Laketown Guards though. Thanks for the heads up.

With TRU's actual retail pricing and $25 off $100, I've picked up City Town Square, 2x Train Stations(plus blue baseplate to get to $100), and Passenger Train.  Still pondering picking up some City Garages, but not sure on whether they will pick up steam or not. 

The Brickpicker price on City Garage was $150 after last month's update.  I thought that was pretty good, especially if you were able to get a few under $100.

Bought today

100 X Hobbit Mirkwood Elf guard @ $4.99 ea? $500 on poly bags? Really??