What Lego set did you buy today?

haha, thanks for calling me out: :D

Wasn't really hard to do up here:

I kid you not, literally NOBODY took the Mirkwood Elf Guards up here in Canada except for like 2 of the Targets that I went to (I probably went through 30+ Mirkwood elf guards already seeing people all seem to want to order 5+ on eBay). As for the LakeTown Guard they were just released here in TRU so I managed to get 8-15 from every TRU I visited in the east side of town.  Monster Fighters I was very surprised to find on the shelf in one of the TRUs so I took them all. 

my bad I thought you said you bought 100x of the mirkwood army builder set ($29.99) ones heheh

One 79003 for $49, because the Walmart that had stashed them away on a high shelf, out of sight, where I thought they'd stay until they get marked down again, moved them to a spot in the LEGO section.  I may have to do some inventory relocation of my own with the ones that were left.  Or just bite the bullet and buy them, I know.

Picked up another City Passenger Train at TRU today.  Talked to the girl as I walked in, and told her I was price matching from the website since it said they had no stock but I knew they did, she says that's fine.  I mill around and bring it up, also picking up my Train Stations that I ordered.  She rings it up at normal retail like the website says, but then wants to refuse the $25 off $100 promotion saying I'm already getting it on sale.(they let you do it online)  I tell her I'll buy it online from my phone in front of her and have her go back and pick it up off the shelf at the online price if it's that much hassle.  She takes off the $25.

In short, Passenger Train for $112 tax included.

• Like 2

Lego store. One Wolverine chopper on the shelf for $19.99. Three Doc Ock sets on clearance for $14.98 each, was really surprised to find those. One Minecraft set, to get the free pick a brick box.

Will be taking the Minecraft back though, found one at a B&****** later and still had one 20% coupon to use. 

Guest ph4tb0i

Oh ya! You taken a look recently at how much $$$ you can get for those?  :thumbsup:

shhhhhhhh. :P

bought another 14 elf archers and 59 lake guard whatever that thing is called (i'm so tired from driving 5 hrs after work)... lol.

sleep now. pics available upon request (please just believe me... lol...)

Picked up the recently released Riddler's Chase at my local Lego Store. I am looking forward to putting this one together. While I was there I noticed a small stack of Winter Village Cottages, 8 total sitting on the floor. I asked the store clerk if this was the last of their stock and the answer was YES. For those thinking this set will be around after Christmas you may end up disappointed . Before I left the store their inventory went from 8 to 6. I purchased one set and a lady behind me had picked up another. I think this set, if it truly does retire, could easily double in value based off the previous winter village sets. Plus, this is the largest winter set Lego has produced aside from this year's winter village market. On another note, is $275 a bad price for a used Arkham Asylum 7785? I was thinking $220 or $225 would be a better price. There is no box included with this set. I would like to purchase it but do not want to pay an outrageous price. Anyone on this website have this set in good condition they would be willing to sell or trade?

I bought 5816 Mack's Road Trip for 30% off in the Outlet section at Sears.ca. Don't know much about Duplo - but a quick check on ebay and amazon told me I was sorry they only had one.

Can't speak about the Duplo version but I can't keep the Lego version in-stock. I was able to pickup some at $35 and they sell quickly.

bought another 14 elf archers and 59 lake guard whatever that thing is called (i'm so tired from driving 5 hrs after work)... lol.

Lol. I believe you but others may not. I picked up a few lake guard poly bags at myblocal TRU last few days ago. I hope they still have more left. Going to check them out today and grab everything they have.

Guest ph4tb0i

Okay. Wow. I guess I will be hunting for these poly bags then.

How are you guys selling them? Indivoually or as a set?

Hope you're not in the GTA hunting down the Mirkwood Elf Guards because there is literally no hope for you then except scraps here and there... (sorry if it sounds offensive, just that I literally went to every target in the GTA already.. :))

Oh, you're in canada. I was wondering how the hell you were finding archers still.

From the legomstore, a winter village market, un nations and chess set. Chess set already sold.

From tru, 54 hobbit polys (all town guards), 5 tontos campfire polys, and 5 xmas rocking horses.

From walmart, 35 lone ranger pump car polys.

Is everyone seenig the LR polybags at TRU / Walmart? I finally saw the tonto ones at my TRU yesterday. The manager said they just got them in so I am wondering if they're new shipments. Of course I bought both LR polybags on ebay a few weeks ago....