What Lego set did you buy today?

Wow...am I exhausted. Took the day off work because I couldn't keep up with sales and shipping, plus get to all the sales I wanted to...and needed to arrange the 300 sets that were delivered over the last week or so.

Whelp 2 out of 3 ain't bad as they say. Caught up with the shipping and hit a bunch of sales....but house is still a disaster. Had to call ebay for a limit raise---just like frog warned....didn't think I would hit the selling limit so fast---it was ridiculous. Spent almost an hour on hold getting limit raised from 5 to 8k a month---and I am nearly at the 8k now--with no recourse until mid January.

First time I have read the site today---12 hours of shopping and shipping today. And I loved it all! I am in this for the long haul now. I love the hunt, the sale, and thrive on pack and ship.

Dealing with idiots on ebay is painful. I'll post the messages I got if I can still retrieve them..and I snapped a few photos while I was out...but forgot to take a couple I will have to relay verbally.

I'll post a few pics....but highlights:

Tons of jets and technic trucks and cranes and Gotham bats were bought. Anyone ever notice the uncanny nature of how many tru are right near Wendy's!?

Found a 2013 advent Star Wars

Found 4 ripped open and reseated sets with missing pieces labels selling for above retail.

Cars legos everywhere and even Pharos quest and Atlantis were found.

New lord and hobbit are everywhere and stacked deep, as well as man bat. The box art on lotr sets will sell them alone...same with new city sets..some are impeccable box art

New skylanders wave is expected Monday. Jolly bumble blast was out though--snagged some of them.

Oh--and the minifigure sets were on the regular shelf not priced from back in oct. I had no interest so didn't ask...but there was a lot...of only one set though..forget which

The pictures: Wendy's RIGHT across from tru. All package pictures were separate stacks and all OUTbound for once! Hulk was opened and missing pieces for 69! Box was destroyed on side and back. I think I found the last 2013 Star Wars calendar in the wild today.

Also hit 4 walmarts. Destroyed! Nothing of value left, shelves empty.

Thats weird with the Ebay limits - I wonder if they lift them if you are using a store. I have sold on Ebay before so maybe it lasts for a while but I didn't hit any limits. My last 30 days is above 17K as well.

I kept thinking I was gonna have to go through that and haven't had an issue.

BTW - you should get an Ebay store if you are selling that much (and you don't already have one). WAY worth it once you are just above a consistent 2K a month.

That hulk set that was really busted was $42. There was another one in Swansea for over retail--not as smashed as that one---but "missing pieces". Assume the hulk was gone from both.

You start with 5k 100 listings. I was selling 3k a month for last 5 months. This month I hit the 5k, got it extended to 8k and now have just about hit that.

And yes---morning truck and evening truck! I help her load the truck...she doesn't seem to mind. Just sold another 20 sets tonight. Again. I am starting to dread checking email. I am giving away the sets, just to get some experience and power seller. Just figuring cost plus 10 or 15 bucks on top for me...and flipping stuff I don't want to hold long term. Stuff I will replace closer to eol.

Just spent another hour packing up. Do they make quiet tape guns? Damn is mine loud. My wife is ready to kill me.

post-14194-0-90018200-1386821621_thumb.j

That hulk set that was really busted was $42. There was another one in Swansea for over retail--not as smashed as that one---but "missing pieces". Assume the hulk was gone from both.

You start with 5k 100 listings. I was selling 3k a month for last 5 months. This month I hit the 5k, got it extended to 8k and now have just about hit that.

And yes---morning truck and evening truck! I help her load the truck...she doesn't seem to mind. Just sold another 20 sets tonight. Again. I am starting to dread checking email. I am giving away the sets, just to get some experience and power seller. Just figuring cost plus 10 or 15 bucks on top for me...and flipping stuff I don't want to hold long term. Stuff I will replace closer to eol.

Just spent another hour packing up. Do they make quiet tape guns? Damn is mine loud. My wife is ready to kill me.

Just make sure to show the wifey how much :money: you're making. :D

Three MF Werewolf sets, one SB Flying Dutchman set, and four Series 11 mini bags @ TRU.  I also got an e-mail confirming that I'm getting a free SW Clone Lieutenant, even though my TRU online order/in store pickup of an HD got cancelled.  Hold off on the ethics debate, please - I knew the store had some on the shelf, so I ended up going there and getting them to PM the online price.  Which with the $25 off $100 deal, brought the price down to $105.  I got two.

Guest ph4tb0i

Sealed 10173 $375

I remember trading a technic crawler for a sealed 10173.. it's so beautiful and I really don't want to open it but everytime I look at it my will to keep it sealed keeps slipping. lol.

Walmart sells tapes that make little to no sound when pulled and they are cheap to boot. The catch is those tapes do not stick to anything  :ermm:

Tip #1: avoid any packaging tapes that do not make those crackling sounds :yes:  

I remember trading a technic crawler for a sealed 10173.. it's so beautiful and I really don't want to open it but everytime I look at it my will to keep it sealed keeps slipping. lol.

I actually got an used one a couple weeks ago with a bunch of track and a motor. Have it running around my tree now, it really is a great set.

Heh invent one and you will make millions. My wife feels the same way.

Well I had a long time a buisness where I had to seal a lot of parcels with tape. There are some tapes which are silent, but in my opinion they are not worth the price(which is here about 3-5times)

But if you really need a silent tape, try Tesa(I guess that should be available in US)

Willy431, I'm afraid there won't be any good Lego sets left in the state of MA. I'm in the Sturbridge area and enjoying it as much as you, but not on the same scale. Stay east of 495 and we won't have any problems lol.

This will not end well. I already see new LEGO trafficking gangs forming up there and getting into turf wars...

Willy431, I'm afraid there won't be any good Lego sets left in the state of MA. I'm in the Sturbridge area and enjoying it as much as you, but not on the same scale. Stay east of 495 and we won't have any problems lol.

Jim, as long as you stay outside of 495, you are fine with me. I think Willy431 goes as far up as Braintree, I pick through anything inside 495 at North and South Shore. All the Lego stores are free game.