What Lego set did you buy today?

Stopped in to TRU to take advantage of 10% off day:

3 transactions and used the $10 for $40 purchase and Wendy's coupons for each

1 x LOTR: Helm's Deep - $74.99 after website price match and $20 gift card from a previous purchase + $20 in gift cards w/ purchase

8 x Technic: Crawler Crane - $10.34 each + $20 in gift cards w/ purchase

1 x Super Heroes: Batwing - $22.49 $20 in gift cards w/ purchase

Total spent: $191.68 and I now have $60 in gift cards for another Helm's Deep purchase tonight which should be $35 and I'll get another $20 in gift cards.  :thumbsup:

Stopped in to TRU to take advantage of 10% off day:

3 transactions and used the $10 for $40 purchase and Wendy's coupons for each

1 x LOTR: Helm's Deep - $74.99 after website price match and $20 gift card from a previous purchase + $20 in gift cards w/ purchase

8 x Technic: Crawler Crane - $10.34 each + $20 in gift cards w/ purchase

1 x Super Heroes: Batwing - $22.49 $20 in gift cards w/ purchase

Total spent: $191.68 and I now have $60 in gift cards for another Helm's Deep purchase tonight which should be $35 and I'll get another $20 in gift cards. :thumbsup:

Question:

Are you able to pay part of the transaction with GC and apply the 10% off CC on the remaining amount or do you have to have apply the whole amount of the CC to get the promo? I've never split transactions on Saturday before but I've got so many GC I'm trying to plan my Saturday trip.

Tx

Question:

Are you able to pay part of the transaction with GC and apply the 10% off CC on the remaining amount or do you have to have apply the whole amount of the CC to get the promo? I've never split transactions on Saturday before but I've got so many GC I'm trying to plan my Saturday trip.

Tx

Yes, I do this all the time. I partial pay with a gift card and just pay the balance with the credit card to get the 10% off the entire transaction.  Sometimes I'll use $40 in gift cards for the $50 purchase and just put $10 and change on the credit card after everything is deducted.

Yes, I do this all the time. I partial pay with a gift card and just pay the balance with the credit card to get the 10% off the entire transaction. Sometimes I'll use $40 in gift cards for the $50 purchase and just put $10 and change on the credit card after everything is deducted.

Thanks buddy. Nice tip

Too many....

Hit my BM Barnes and Noble hard today. Architecture is selling for more than double retail on FBA Prime right now. I need to get these items in ASAP. Luckily I'm sending the majority of them to Tennessee which is a two business day trip for me. So with any luck, they'll be available for sale by Wednesday.

Anywho, here's the damage:

4 Big Bens @ 26.95 each

2 Sydney Opera Houses (Arch. version) @ 35.95 each

3 Burj Khalifas @ 22.45 each

6 Empire State Buildings @ 17.95 each

7 Space Needles @ 17.95 each

2 Laketown Chase BOGO 50%

2 Don Guldur Battle BOGO 50%

2 Mirkwood Army BOGO 50%

2 Do Guldur Ambush BOGO 50%

I also saw the new Movie Minifigure blinds, but they rang up street dated for 1/1. I was pissed. I did however get 26 of the Friends Lemonade stands. I had them override them for the Friends BOGO 50% price. YMMV on that though. Only 2 of my 3 Targets did it.

At TRU, it is 10% off the entire purchase, not just the portion applied to your TRU CC, even when using gift cards. It doesn't really make sense, but the way their system is setup allows for the use of gift cards and TRU CC only as forms of payment. For some of us with tiny credit limits, this helps if you'd like to make a large purchase and need to reduce the total to an amount within that limit.

I currently also get $14.40 free gas for every $100 spent if I buy the gift cards from the grocery store....so 10% off Saturday + 14.4% free gas on portion applied to gift cards + $10 gift cards from Wendy's coupon -or- coupon found within TRU online orders + $25 off $100 Lego purchase + Tax Exempt = $100 item for a little over $51 after all discounts/rewards applied.

Eight more haunted houses from the target $30 gift card deal. After tax, red card, and $30 gift card they come out to $148.75/each, or 22% off. Great deal for one of the most popular exclusives that rarely gets discounted. Brings me up to 13. My goal is at least 20 before it's all said and done. Tempted to double dip before the deal ends today but the wife can only take so much...lol. Think I'll give her a break and wait to get a few more. We should see another discount at some point in time before this one goes eol.

• Like 1

Despite having ZERO space, I picked up 3 more 79111 Lone Ranger trains. Brings me to 10 total.

I really think this set could perform at least 50% of what the Black Pearl has done (doubled MSRP) in 1 year. With 79111 only having 7-12 months of retail life, I feel supply will be short of demand despite the movie. Additionally, Not many trains come with track (especially straight) . I just wish the instructions mentioned something about power functions :(

• Like 1

3x Robie House $125 each shipped

Saw the Robie House is now "retiring soon", so I browsed in eBay and found a seller with 3 for $140 plus $10 shipping.  Asked what he wanted for all 3 and he dropped the price to $125 each with free shipping.  He said the boxes weren't perfect, but I hope they arrive in decent shape.  I can't wait for a "sold out" on LEGO Shop at Home now.

Got 3 chess, 3 wolverines from lego. 20 sw battle packs from target for $6 each deal, tons more technic from tru...bought everything (on special) on the shelves except the green tractors. Went to a few walmarts and targets. All friends sets wiped out...all of them! I can't believe how wildly popular that theme has become.

Also---pretty sure Braintree lego got an employee swap again. Everyone was new there today...the Asian kid was the only one I recognized, and he was at the natick store before. He recognized me too. Unfortunately! Not really, friendly guy, I just don't like attention when I shop. First thing he said was, if you are here for the crawlers, we only have red. He started to help me bring my armfuls of sets to the counter before the mgr came over and said no, 2 limit.

post-14194-0-72605900-1387070161_thumb.j

Got 3 chess, 3 wolverines from lego. 20 sw battle packs from target for $6 each deal, tons more technic from tru...bought everything (on special) on the shelves except the green tractors. Went to a few walmarts and targets. All friends sets wiped out...all of them! I can't believe how wildly popular that theme has become.

Also---pretty sure Braintree lego got an employee swap again. Everyone was new there today...the Asian kid was the only one I recognized, and he was at the natick store before. He recognized me too. Unfortunately! Not really, friendly guy, I just don't like attention when I shop. First thing he said was, if you are here for the crawlers, we only have red. He started to help me bring my armfuls of sets to the counter before the mgr came over and said no, 2 limit.

It was no wonder the Star War section looked like the place is going out of business when I showed up. It was you. The friends section look pretty sad too. Zero box sets and they brought the icecream stand poly to hang in the 10 dollar set to make it look respectable.

I destroyed 3 B and Ns today. Mostly BOGO plus coupon plus membership on the sail barge and gunship.

One had a Mine of Moria, so I got it for about 50$ after everything (combined it with ATTE). 

Then in another there were two SW Frigates. I Bogo'd them - $71 each. Not bad.

Then at TRU, bought 4 more cranes.

went to walmart today with the promise of $49 batcaves and $35 two face chases via the walmart app. Unfortunately, they were no where to be found. They did however have Chima sets stained with still wet strawberry yougurt! :sick:

They'll probably come out after the first of the year in the clearance aisle.  I hope you're there that day.