Retiring Soon - open speculation

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Serious?  can't you just watch The Rock?

I hear the inside tours have long ended so it's just walking around the grounds now...or during CV: look from the ferry

Glad I got there before everything went to heck.

DSC01907.JPG

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

SF is special in that it's one of the most well known worldwide yet smallest in terms of population and land mass; but honestly...I don't think of it as a "Destination City"...seriously; a pretty bridge, a crooked road and some decent chocolate? Why do people travel thousands of miles to come here?

To see the Full House house and that bridge shown in Full House opening theme.  Let's face it, SF was/is? only famous because Full House (even the reruns) was popular worldwide :P

3 hours ago, oneknightr said:

I take offense that San Francisco is not part of your top 5! 😄

Hollywood? 😂 it’s a complete **** hole with nothing there other than some tiles.

SF is an amazing place, do they really not do the inside tours anymore. Threw up for the whole ferry crossing both ways 🤮😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

To see the Full House house and that bridge shown in Full House opening theme.  Let's face it, SF was/is? only famous because Full House (even the reruns) was popular worldwide :P

really?  You're the 2nd person in the last month who mentioned the show and wanting to see the house...I mean it was an OK show but it's not like people would go to NYC to see Central Perk...I mean it's NYC w/ like a thousand more interesting things than that.

I mean don't get me wrong...if I visited SF ( as an outsider)  I would drive 4 hours to Yosemite first, return; then drive 4 hours to Tahoe...maybe drive 2 hours to Pebble Beach...(maybe if I was desperate go visit oneknighter see how his deck is coming along) but going to touristy spots IN SF would be the last thing: parking $35+ lines, crowds, homeless, and traffic.  no thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

really?  You're the 2nd person in the last month who mentioned the show and wanting to see the house...I mean it was an OK show but it's not like people would go to NYC to see Central Perk...I mean it's NYC w/ like a thousand more interesting things than that.
I mean don't get me wrong...if I visited SF ( as an outsider)  I would drive 4 hours to Yosemite first, return; then drive 4 hours to Tahoe...maybe drive 2 hours to Pebble Beach...(maybe if I was desperate go visit oneknighter see how his deck is coming along) but going to touristy spots IN SF would be the last thing: parking $35+ lines, crowds, homeless, and traffic.  no thanks
Muir Woods is nice.

Also, Full House was a bleh show.

Yay LEGO!

10 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

You live too close to it.  I have some friends living in the Bay area who avoid SF unless they are hosting visitors.  I drove there when I visited and I understood why.  Driving through either one of those bridges was a nightmare during the long peak hours. :D   
But for people who only see the city through old shows like Full House, SF is a destination.  They want to experience what they see on TV, even though those were mostly exterior shots and the inside of the house was shot on a sound stage near LA.

Some people also go to SF to see Chinatown and Japantown.  I guess not too many know there are a bunch of similar stores and restaurants in San Jose area.   

Personally, SF is a once and done thing.  I drove the crooked narrow road thing and ate at In-n-Out by the Pier once.  You can keep the traffics and all of the 45 degrees slope roads :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goblin said:

75942 Velociraptor: Biplane Rescue Mission has retired in Europe 5 months early, and 75939 Baby Wu lab will follow soon as it has vanished. 

Retirement dates will be all over the shop. Is there a retired 2021 thread yet? 

hearing anything regarding ideas?

Just now, Goblin said:

I don't have access to dates for Ideas or Exclusives sadly, just regular wholesale.

Someone higher up the foodchain are leaking these to Promobricks etc. presumably. 

yea looks like they dont know anything yet about ideas or other exclusives.

still no stonewars list yet which is interesting..

1 hour ago, nolan808 said:

The tie fighter is interesting, says sold out but who knows. 

Not sure about the Jurassic sets, imo the smaller ones won't do well. 

An earlier than expected retirement is a very promising start. Where will parents turn to in Q4?