Retiring Soon - open speculation

18 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Creeper Mine now sold out at Target as well. Amazon doing the dance with dribs and drabs of small inventory occasionally available but looks to be the last hurrah hopefully.

wattaya mean?

from LEGO's perspective and the retailers...this is "obviously" the best selling Minecraft set currently...Target and Walmart have just asked for more shipments...and the bean counter at TLG sees the orders and promptly puts manufacturing of the set back into play.

this is the NEW WORLD ORDER 

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

wattaya mean?

from LEGO's perspective and the retailers...this is "obviously" the best selling Minecraft set currently...Target and Walmart have just asked for more shipments...and the bean counter at TLG sees the orders and promptly puts manufacturing of the set back into play.

this is the NEW WORLD ORDER 

no sir. I believe this mine has creeped its last creep. 

I can spare a few for you at $100. (BP's discount :) )

In Russia, this set is still available almost everywhere, the price is around $ 53. On BrickLink 1400+ is on sale and this is still officially a set that has not been discontinued, and there is also a small number of purchases there, there is no demand, but we all bought it, it's like with a 75954 lock. Now, in order to sell more or less normally, you will have to wait at least a year or two until the others sell out. I'm already beginning to doubt why I bought 21155 in the amount of 14 pcs )))

6 minutes ago, ravel said:

In Russia, this set is still available almost everywhere, the price is around $ 53. On BrickLink 1400+ is on sale and this is still officially a set that has not been discontinued, and there is also a small number of purchases there, there is no demand, but we all bought it, it's like with a 75954 lock. Now, in order to sell more or less normally, you will have to wait at least a year or two until the others sell out. I'm already beginning to doubt why I bought 21155 in the amount of 14 pcs )))

Plenty of demand in USA, I guess its regional.

image.png.abd59a41ac7d36b436b8f17bc53d5fd0.png

Any thoughts as to the ideas line 2021 retirees?

Promobricks is stingy with just the Treehouse on its list.

Brickfanatics is much more generous but ironically lists Treehouse as a 2022 retiree.

image.png.193905eeb4d5cadf90c29dc41c50e41e.png

Since Fossils is 10/19 intro, I'd be surprised if it did not leave this year. Saturn V/SIB I could see either way but tend to think they are gone as well. ISS is a bit trickier debuting at 2/20 means its a little less than 2 years at YE 2021. 

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Any thoughts as to the ideas line 2021 retirees?

Promobricks is stingy with just the Treehouse on its list.

Brickfanatics is much more generous but ironically lists Treehouse as a 2022 retiree.

image.png.193905eeb4d5cadf90c29dc41c50e41e.png

Since Fossils is 10/19 intro, I'd be surprised if it did not leave this year. Saturn V/SIB I could see either way but tend to think they are gone as well. ISS is a bit trickier debuting at 2/20 means its a little less than 2 years at YE 2021. 

Fossils and NASA would be on my possible list but I don't think the others are close.

19 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The Harley "feels" relatively quick so if it actually goes...I see it catching many by surprise. The only widespread discount was the one directly thru Harley Davidson (hold onto your mugs!) It's a licensed set and pretty special...I think it will age well.

What was the price on these sets?

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Yeah, I don't understand why it's a slow seller. It's a pretty iconic vehicle, even for the US.

Most people in the US do not know where London is located (or what the word London means) :P  Probably should have called the set "That red bus for sightseeing" to make it popular in the US :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1