Retiring Soon - open speculation

19 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

No mention of Corner Garage going either.

think they missing loads myself.

corner garage

rollar coaster

fossils

ISS

Jurassic T Rex

Stranger things

to name a few...

it would leave 11 ideas sets in production with more on the way. 2 modulars in prduction with another release on the way, & 2 fairground themed with another on the way

i just cannot see it, but i been more than wrong in the past.

Edited by joneyyy1981

3 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

the promobricks dec 21 list is up. a lot of mixed info as they only have 1 ideas set leaving wihich must be wrong?

Darn this is bad. No Iss going or fossil set, mando brickhead sticking around. Lego investing is becoming a lot more difficult now. With the lego group now extending the life of many sets, re releasing and confusing eol dates imo I just don't see how you can continue with this.

Sites and social media are also giving out unreliable info which doesn't help matters. Promobricks for one stating that sets are no longer being produced and the lego site stating they are sold out seems to be complete nonsense. Look at the sets sold out on lego, the majority have been re stocked and re stocked and have yet to disappear. I understand that these sites don't give 100 percent accurate details and are trying there best but it's getting to the point especially with this year where you may as well just wait until the lego group say retired on them.

The worst culprit is the great hall, I wouldn't be surprised if this just stays alive and gets extended but its not the only one.

Amazon and amazon eu etc are where we need reliable info on when sets will no longer be stocked. Clearly promobricks and stonewars and the countless youtubers have no info on them and due to this most of the info could be completely inaccurate. Amazon this year seem to have gone to another level with selling sets and the lego group could easily just extend and sell certain sets solely to them. 

The lego group are just milking the sets to the extreme now which is fair enough, however what I don't like it just all the confusing info. The lego group clearly knows about resellers and whether they like them or not they make them quite a bit of money, but are they now taking advantage of this fact? (75254 comes to mind)

Before anyone shoots me down I would just like to say that this is just my opinion and what I've seen so far this year.

Edited by nolan808

New Speed Champs have an exit date of 31.12.23 (2.5 year life), which means no Speed Champs retirements in 2022. Therefore I am somewhat cautious about this list, but many lines to match up to the info I have. 

Edited by Goblin

In the last year, in addition to the retirement plan, I began to monitor the availability in stores and the number of offers from other speculators, well, the retirement period. The lower these indicators are, the higher the chance of making money more profitable and faster, otherwise it will all hang for two years. 75954 judging by all the indicators in the lost, although I took them myself, but I took quite a bit and at good prices. And for example, the set of 75935 in Russia has consistently disappeared from everyone and at the moment there are not so many offers left and new receipts are not expected, so it was possible to invest more in it. Ideas do not inspire confidence with their re-releases at all, unless the Forge and the Pirates of Baracuda with a discount of -50% and then they are not removed yet :) In Russia, the sets of the Hidden Side series have performed well and I think they will show themselves well in the future, but I have already scrolled P,S, only the buildings and only the school bus have performed well,but other vehicles are in the lost. As it seems to me, 21155 can show well, but the presence of them disappoints.

Here you need to look for a "dark horse" that stands quietly on the sidelines and does not attract attention until the moment of rapid and abrupt disappearance (for example, 76103, 70437).

P.S. Sorry for my English (Yandex Translate)

Edited by ravel
  • Like 2

Hard to know if LEGO is changing things up or a lot of this is just a result of the COVID circumstances around the world.  Supply chains have been interrupted, there are extreme labor shortages, and some industries and governments are manipulating things further to take advantage of the current conditions.

But hey, I would not want this to be easy because then there would be no money in it.

The past paradigm on retiring sets have changed. Due to Covid, supply chains, improvements in marketing data access anf speed, improvements in manufacturing, popularity of "preorders", and ofcourse the Anazon effects.

So one should ask the original question...why does Lego retire sets in the first place?  What were their past constraints which have now changed?

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The past paradigm on retiring sets have changed. Due to Covid, supply chains, improvements in marketing data access anf speed, improvements in manufacturing, popularity of "preorders", and ofcourse the Anazon effects.

So one should ask the original question...why does Lego retire sets in the first place?  What were their past constraints which have now changed?

It may have had roots as a constraint thing but ultimately collectability is in the DNA of Lego. Not retiring sets makes collecting uninteresting. 

2 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

so i touch base with the guy over at brickfanatics every now & then, he reckons that his people are still saying Corner garage & rollar coaster are still leaving as planned. but things can change.

make of that what you will..

It probably won't rain today, but it might.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

so i touch base with the guy over at brickfanatics every now & then, he reckons that his people are still saying Corner garage & rollar coaster are still leaving as planned. but things can change.

They're both still scheduled to go at the end of the year, but that could always change.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Usual fodder from "sources" with the standard caveat things can change. We can all come up with similar lists and get at least 90% right. 

12 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

It seems to me that the traditional "lists" are getting more and more unreliable.  The market has changed and so has TLG. These lists have some value much like the BL "last 6-month prices". 

List becoming more unreliable is not such a bad thing though. More potential in choosing the correct sets in which most people have missed. 

I always felt you have to depend on your own gut feeling or data as well, the guides are certainly useful in some way too. I've also realised that the local clearances gives me a good idea of what's going to retire, many of those on sale from Mar onwards and through summer don't come back.

40 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

Do your homework and invest some time, it will pay off. Don’t rely on what others always say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do your homework and invest some time, it will pay off. Don’t rely on what others always say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But wait, there is work involved in that. Don't know if I can do that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4