Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, coelian said:

Why would it be out so quickly after only 1 year, Yoda, Kylo Ren ship, MF should probably go first.

could be on a different timetable like BHz which are typically only available for 1 year

Especially so many new "helmets" coming down the chute...makes sense...don't want like 10+ helmets clogging up the LEGO aisle especially since their target market is much more narrow than with most sets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

could be on a different timetable like BHz which are typically only available for 1 year

Especially so many new "helmets" coming down the chute...makes sense...don't want like 10+ helmets clogging up the LEGO aisle especially since their target market is much more narrow than with most sets.

that is a possibility with the 3 new helms, I will bet on Tie Fighter helmet though since it is an exclusive and harder to obtain. It's been really difficult trying to buy that at a discount and not the full RRP of 75chf here.

36 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Looks like London Bus is out everywhere but Target. Maybe a sleeper mid 2021 retirement not on peoples radars? I think its a slow seller so could make sense

Defiantly not the case over here, the london bus is everywhere and never seems to be oos. Very doubtful this one is disappearing anytime soon. 

Hello, this is my first post here😅, but i have been intrested on investing in LEGO for a while. One guy on YouTube said that 75278 D-O is no longer on production. I still can see a lot of offers on the market for quite low prices for this set. Can you confirm this info 😀? Sorry for my english 😚 p.s on the phone i cannot delete wrong emote🤭

8 hours ago, qeriks said:

Hello, this is my first post here😅, but i have been intrested on investing in LEGO for a while. One guy on YouTube said that 75278 D-O is no longer on production. I still can see a lot of offers on the market for quite low prices for this set. Can you confirm this info 😀? Sorry for my english 😚 p.s on the phone i cannot delete wrong emote🤭

According to normal production cycles it should be done this year.

12 hours ago, qeriks said:

No one can predict the future, but this set probably won't give you great returns. D-O 75278 has been on sale fairly constantly at 20% off, was clearanced at multiple retailers with deep discounts, and has been a slow mover off LEGO Store Shelves. While I suspect this set will be done by the end of the year, it's not exactly a strong performer - And if you are dipping your toes in the LEGO investing waters,  you probably could do much better with your set choice - Unless you are getting this at an extremely deep discount.

So in short, yes I believe this set will be retiring soon, but in long - It might not be the best investing target. Check out the "What Sets to Invest in Thread" for some deeper dives and more information.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Thanks, I hate it. Please read a spreadsheet to me while the camera pans around for literally no reason bonus points for ugly glasses and "razor quest"

Don't forget the most important thing: Affiliate links in the description to help you buy these before they retire.

• Like 1

guys look at the source material.  read his comments he even says all his information is from brick fanatics.  they have articles that list everything he said I think or most everything.  it is not outlandish to predict most of these retirements happening by the end of 2021 even on new items, when Europe where brick fanatics is typically can run 6 months early on retirement.  that means it would be summer 22 by the time it retires in the USA.  he may be wrong on some but he may right on many.  most sets last 2 years to begin with.  I have no idea about any of this but there is a source behind what he is saying.  I think brick fanatics was a good site myself not promo bricks on content or retirement confirmations but a fun site to read.  just thought I would share the background on it for you to look closer at what where and why of these sets

https://www.brickfanatics.com/the-full-list-of-lego-ideas-sets-retiring-in-2021-and-2022/

https://www.brickfanatics.com/two-lego-star-wars-helmets-are-retiring-this-year-but-one-will-be-available-into-2022/

https://www.brickfanatics.com/the-full-list-of-lego-star-wars-sets-retiring-in-2021/

Edited by starwarsxpress