Retiring Soon - open speculation

Looks like some of the 2020 list have started 'officially' retiring on the US site...Finally. lol.  Las Vegas, Shanghai, Flintstones, Steamboat Willie, 6 Minecraft sets, a handful of Star Wars sets, Beetle, Camper Van, Downtown Diner, Taj Mahal and Winter Village Fire Station, to name a few. 

20 minutes ago, Brad W said:

Looks like some of the 2020 list have started 'officially' retiring on the US site...Finally. lol.  Las Vegas, Shanghai, Flintstones, Steamboat Willie, 6 Minecraft sets, a handful of Star Wars sets, Beetle, Camper Van, Downtown Diner, Taj Mahal and Winter Village Fire Station, to name a few. 

well then its not speculation anymore -

23 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Given 21318 Tree House was originally thought to be retiring at the end of 2020, a two-year postponement suggests it’s selling exceptionally well.  - ahem, thanks guys look what youve done lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

The list doesnt make me a sense...

Saturn in 2021? No logic to re-issue it just for 1 year.

Treehouse - it was planned to retire last year, but was delayed. But delay for 2 years, so 3 years life, doesnt make a sense...

Central Perk - will reach 2 years this year, dont expect 3 years life for this set...

Edited by fantomas007
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

Treehouse - it was planned to retire last year, but was delayed. But delay for 2 years, so 3 years life, doesnt make a sense...

Central Perk - will reach 2 years this year, dont expect 3 years life for this set...

Previous shelflife of sets no longer applies post COVID in my opinion, due to increased current sets in production / manufacturing capacity constraints etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the above list is about 80/90% accurate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fantomas007 said:

Give me a little time here and I will post my 2023 "Full List of LEGO Ideas Sets Retiring".  They may go a little earlier but they will be gone by then with 85 - 95% accuracy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, auctionbrokers said:

What's your thoughts on Droid Commander 75253. I can pick up a few for a decent price but wasn't sure on their future value. They are Star Wars so I figure they could be a good future flip.

Although I'm not a fan of SW, but I took 4 pcs, although I think I could take more. By the end of the year, I expect that they will show themselves well (but I am from Russia).

6 hours ago, Loghamel said:

So the Mario series 1 retired.  I haven't seen another Mario set on any 2021 retirement list.  Anyone think all of the 1st wave are going to survive the year?  If not, anyone wanna guess which ones are going?

I think the starter set & bowser castle last into next year. The rest are anyones guess. Certainly some will go. I would love to see the target exclusive go early. I'm surprised by how many sets are in this line, one of the larger launches for sure. 

5 hours ago, marcandre said:

I think the starter set & bowser castle last into next year. The rest are anyones guess. Certainly some will go. I would love to see the target exclusive go early. I'm surprised by how many sets are in this line, one of the larger launches for sure. 

For sure.  I'm having a hard time getting myself to stock up since there's so many.  Been buying only on good discount, which has been rare.

19 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

heard on a podcast that the stormtrooper helmet is retiring fairly soon & maybe tie fighter helmet.

The tiefighter helmets argos exclusively will help it perform well

I can envisage people wanting to collect all the helmets.