Retiring Soon - open speculation

For what I call tier 1 wor really famous landmarks that everyone knows they seem to hang around a little longer. Like Tower Eiffel. I would think that trafalgar goes before sol but it's anyone's guess. I bought a few but not full on hoarding of sol yet. 

The Skyline series are hard to pick this year as well with London and NYC still hanging about. 

5 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

yes. me having some at home makes lego retire stuff.

I knew it!

Kidding aside, I've always found the Architecture/Skyline series to be the most unpredictable.  Seems to me though, when we do learn something from this line is going to retire there is still ample time to grab some.  They don't dry up very quickly.

Personally I don't buy this series early unless its an exceptionally good deal.  There are plenty of other more predictable lines to get into.

Edited by gmpirate

9 hours ago, gmpirate said:

I knew it!

Kidding aside, I've always found the Architecture/Skyline series to be the most unpredictable.  Seems to me though, when we do learn something from this line is going to retire there is still ample time to grab some.  They don't dry up very quickly.

Personally I don't buy this series early unless its an exceptionally good deal.  There are plenty of other more predictable lines to get into.

if you not stacking, you slacking.

17 hours ago, coelian said:

For what I call tier 1 wor really famous landmarks that everyone knows they seem to hang around a little longer. Like Tower Eiffel. I would think that trafalgar goes before sol but it's anyone's guess. I bought a few but not full on hoarding of sol yet. 

The Skyline series are hard to pick this year as well with London and NYC still hanging about. 

London architecture set in the U.K. is routinely discounted like twice a week on average. There must be millions of this set out there so I don’t hold much faith in this set giving a decent ROI for a 2-3 years atleast when it finally goes.

2 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

London architecture set in the U.K. is routinely discounted like twice a week on average. There must be millions of this set out there so I don’t hold much faith in this set giving a decent ROI for a 2-3 years atleast when it finally goes.

that was my thinking on VW camper. look what happend...

I've had quite a few buyers who get a few archi sets at one go, for sets catered to adult buyers it may be good to have that variety since late collectors will have the dough to buy many at one go. London/NYC is too famous a city to pass up and people would want them. The less famous cities usually have better ROI but the pool is also smaller.

I've only seen Las Vegas and Shanghai on any reputable list of retiring Architecture sets. And those are NOT officially retired on the US Lego site as of today. (They were supposed to go at the end of 20). I think the pandemic has changed a lot of retirement speculation and outright retirements at least here is the US.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coelian said:

Which Star Wars UCS set will go this year?

1. 75192 - Millennium Falcon (2017)

2. 75252 - Imperial Star Destroyer (2019)

3. 75272 - A-wing (2020)

Either 1 or 3 for me. 

I would say A wing - same average set as Tantive and Snowspeeder, which had 1.5 years life. 

50% for Falcon- its a flagship, which could live a long time, but there is many big UCS sets now and another gigant set is coming this year (death star?).

10 hours ago, Brad W said:

I've only seen Las Vegas and Shanghai on any reputable list of retiring Architecture sets. And those are NOT officially retired on the US Lego site as of today. (They were supposed to go at the end of 20). I think the pandemic has changed a lot of retirement speculation and outright retirements at least here is the US.

Those are done for sure. 

2 hours ago, Legojona said:

I would say none of these

Not enough shelf space after the next one comes on May 4th.

1 hour ago, fantomas007 said:

I would say A wing - same average set as Tantive and Snowspeeder, which had 1.5 years life. 

50% for Falcon- its a flagship, which could live a long time, but there is many big UCS sets now and another gigant set is coming this year (death star?).

Y-wing had a pretty short life span as well so not unlikely that A-wing goes. If it's a big box maybe Falcon will go.

22 hours ago, coelian said:

Which Star Wars UCS set will go this year?

1. 75192 - Millennium Falcon (2017)

2. 75252 - Imperial Star Destroyer (2019)

3. 75272 - A-wing (2020)

Either 1 or 3 for me. 

Considering the fall 2021 UCS set is rumored to be $800, I would bet either MF or SD goes.

On the topic of the UCS MF, should I buy this now when it’s available, or wait for double vip points at the LEGO store? Locally they’re readily available, I was just hoping for a x2 points in March like in years past. Maybe even in May for x2 on SW sets? 

Any word as to when these will be retiring:

75936 - T Rex Rampage

75810 - Stranger Things

Any and all insight is always appreciated. 

Edited by EctoG63AMG
Grammar

3 hours ago, marcandre said:

ISD has been nearly as hard to find as the Falcon. I'll be surprised if it goes first. 

It's in stock quite a bit at LEGO Shop at Home.  In fact, it is in stock now.  But I hope that it goes first.  It's a better set than the MF, let's boost that rarity.  

4 hours ago, marcandre said:

ISD has been nearly as hard to find as the Falcon. I'll be surprised if it goes first. 

target and all the legoland stores have had ISD in stock for weeks on end.  falcon has been in stock handful of times over that interval.